Best window company in the Okanagan?

Business and professional recommendations.
AtlantisKelowna
Board Meister

Best window company in the Okanagan?

Post by AtlantisKelowna »

I'm looking at replacing all the windows in my home and hoping someone can recommend a reputable company. I've had a couple of quotes on the same brand of windows but it was a $5000 difference between the two companies. I have no issue paying for quality work but I cannot find anyone I know who would personally recommend either company.

So if anyone has had a great experience could you please share, Thanks for your help :up:
alanjh595
Banned

Re: Best window company in the Okanagan?

Post by alanjh595 »

I know of a couple, but PM me the names of the two companies you have got quotes from and I will let you know if either of them stand out for better or worse.
Bring back the LIKE button.
dreamon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by dreamon »

AtlantisKelowna wrote:I'm looking at replacing all the windows in my home and hoping someone can recommend a reputable company. I've had a couple of quotes on the same brand of windows but it was a $5000 difference between the two companies. I have no issue paying for quality work but I cannot find anyone I know who would personally recommend either company.

So if anyone has had a great experience could you please share, Thanks for your help :up:
Talk to Home Hardware installed sales. They have done many places for us and never had an issue
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Deal with the HH on Springfield though. They are bigger and have been doing it for a lot longer than the one on Hwy 33.
roseridge
Board Meister

Post by roseridge »

Nagy Brothers hands down. Best customer service, and attention to detail. Have awesome work crews.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Yesterday we got our windows replaced.

We had been shopping around for a few years, saving up money. I got a quote from Rutland Glass and one from Centra Windows. We went with Centra because they had a better quote than Rutland Glass (and were more responsive, apparently Rutland Glass does mainly commercial) and a friend had recommended them to us.

Our drywall was tested and had trace amounts of asbestos. They let us know and told us due to industry standards that it would cost $X more per window to do it because of how they had to do it to deal with the potential release of asbestos. When we told them we couldn't afford the increase, they came back and said if the windows were a trace smaller, to fit within the wood frame of the existing size that no one would need to do the remediation and it would actually cost a bit less. So, we went ahead and did that.

We'd had to move stuff 3 ft away from windows being done so we got a steel box for the driveway to store stuff in. It's a good way to deep clean everything, too! And we'll be sorting/going through everything to see if it needs to go back into the house or not (30+ years in one house makes for a lot of stuff). Minimum 1 month rental on those things so we'll do a bit of painting, too.

Centra arrived on the first day and got started. We were told it would take 3 days to complete the project, 8 windows and a sliding glass door. A second truck and crew showed up at our house - they had finished another job early. So, at one point I had 2 trucks/crews working on my house.

They finished it ONE DAY. They cleaned up really well, and everyone was super friendly and efficient. Dennis was the main guy on our crew, and there was John as well (who has a lovely singing voice). The salesperson who we have worked with was Brian. Don't know any last names, sorry. I don't know the names of the other guys, we tried to stay out of the way - I worked on yard stuff mostly.

But I seriously would totally recommend them to anyone. Great job, love the windows and the door is fantastic.

Edit: warranty is 2 years on the screens, 20 years on the glass, Lifetime on the vinyl & installation.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

:up: :up:

Sounds like a job well done. Nice to hear and glad it all went well.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

It couldn't have happened to a nicer, more deserving person.

I am glad that your due diligence paid off and you are happy with your results.
AtlantisKelowna
Board Meister

Post by AtlantisKelowna »

I ended up going with Adera and was not disappointed. 23 windows and 2 sliding doors were all completed within 2 days. Everything went as planned and was $10,000 less than what Centra quoted for the same product. Our neighbour decided to join the new window club and had a similar quote difference between the two companies as we did so Adera got the contract. I can't speak to the quality of work provided by Centra but based on our experience there couldn't have been a reason for the 10k difference other than potentially the labour cost.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

It is my experience that cost goes up with demand and available labour pool. Summer is the most costly for door and window replacements, winter is famous for furnace, hot water, gas insert prices.

Just like buying at Costco, the best time to get a better price on a winter coat is in the Summer time.

Return to “Referrals”