To the whack jobs entering schools in the name of social protest

User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 62903
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: To the whack jobs entering schools in the name of social protest

Post by Fancy »

rustled wrote: Oct 2nd, 2021, 4:56 pm ...
With that in mind, I'm curious as to whether or not posters here on the Castanet forum are comfortable with immunizing kindergarten children against the wishes of their parents with a relatively new and quite controversial vaccine.
I'm against it but not because of the vaccine. I would feel the same way if it was a measles vaccine.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
JLives
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 19039
Joined: Nov 27th, 2004, 10:53 am

Re: To the whack jobs entering schools in the name of social protest

Post by JLives »

Rustled why are you defending these people? They invaded a school. We both know that isn't acceptable. I don't understand.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
nucksRnum1
Übergod
Posts: 1750
Joined: Jul 2nd, 2021, 1:55 pm

Re: To the whack jobs entering schools in the name of social protest

Post by nucksRnum1 »

rustled wrote: Oct 2nd, 2021, 4:56 pmThe question responded to with such drama wasn't about terrorism, though - it was whether or not people in the school were "terrorized" by the protesters. We have several posters here claiming the staff and students were "terrorized" by the protesters. There's no mention of them feeling terror in either of the news stories - the word terror simply isn't used.

What I'm most interested in, though, is how most people very much prefer to discuss the protests, rather than acknowledge the problems of hosting clinics to administer a controversial vaccine in schools where it is easier to act against the wishes of parents of children as young as 12 years of age - and whether or not people believe children that age are capable of informed consent.
So because the media didn't say the word "terrorism" - and you are more interested in your own interpretation - people should just accept that you say things were not traumatic for the teachers? Wow. That's bold.
nucksRnum1
Übergod
Posts: 1750
Joined: Jul 2nd, 2021, 1:55 pm

Re: To the whack jobs entering schools in the name of social protest

Post by nucksRnum1 »

JLives wrote: Oct 2nd, 2021, 5:11 pm Rustled why are you defending these people? They invaded a school. We both know that isn't acceptable. I don't understand.
Because silly......we and our opinions don't matter.
rustled
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 15950
Joined: Dec 26th, 2010, 12:47 pm

Re: To the whack jobs entering schools in the name of social protest

Post by rustled »

Fancy wrote: Oct 2nd, 2021, 5:00 pm
rustled wrote: Oct 2nd, 2021, 4:56 pm ...
With that in mind, I'm curious as to whether or not posters here on the Castanet forum are comfortable with immunizing kindergarten children against the wishes of their parents with a relatively new and quite controversial vaccine.
I'm against it but not because of the vaccine. I would feel the same way if it was a measles vaccine.
Thanks for your response, Fancy. I hope a few others will chime in, too.

It seems to me one of the reasons these clinics are being held at the schools is because the schools have these children's health numbers on file.
Ideology...gives evil-doing its long-sought justification and gives the evildoer the necessary steadfastness and determination...[it] is the social theory which helps to make his actions seem good instead of bad in his own and others' eyes...
-Solzhenitsyn
nucksRnum1
Übergod
Posts: 1750
Joined: Jul 2nd, 2021, 1:55 pm

Re: To the whack jobs entering schools in the name of social protest

Post by nucksRnum1 »

rustled wrote: Oct 2nd, 2021, 5:17 pmThanks for your response, Fancy. I hope a few others will chime in, too.

It seems to me one of the reasons these clinics are being held at the schools is because the schools have these children's health numbers on file.
So health numbers on file constitute a conspiracy? Is that it? That's all? And is it a reason to terrorize? Or it was - just according to you?
User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 62903
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: To the whack jobs entering schools in the name of social protest

Post by Fancy »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Oct 2nd, 2021, 5:15 pm ....- people should just accept that you say things were not traumatic for the teachers? ....
No one seems to be able to answer that question - was it traumatic for the teachers and students? The school acted in an appropriate manner by informing authorities and locking down the school.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 62903
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: To the whack jobs entering schools in the name of social protest

Post by Fancy »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Oct 2nd, 2021, 5:20 pm So health numbers on file constitute a conspiracy? ...
Why are you fixed on a conspiracy angle? I don't believe rustled is and I'm not. Facts are what they are.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
rustled
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 15950
Joined: Dec 26th, 2010, 12:47 pm

Re: To the whack jobs entering schools in the name of social protest

Post by rustled »

JLives wrote: Oct 2nd, 2021, 5:11 pm Rustled why are you defending these people? They invaded a school. We both know that isn't acceptable. I don't understand.
I'm pretty sure you do understand that I haven't defended the protesters' choice to enter the schools. I think I understand their overall concerns, and I can see why the protesters wanted to talk to the schools' administrators. I can see why they chose to do what they did. Understanding why they did it =/= defending how they did it.
Ideology...gives evil-doing its long-sought justification and gives the evildoer the necessary steadfastness and determination...[it] is the social theory which helps to make his actions seem good instead of bad in his own and others' eyes...
-Solzhenitsyn
nucksRnum1
Übergod
Posts: 1750
Joined: Jul 2nd, 2021, 1:55 pm

Re: To the whack jobs entering schools in the name of social protest

Post by nucksRnum1 »

Fancy wrote: Oct 2nd, 2021, 5:25 pmWhy are you fixed on a conspiracy angle? I don't believe rustled is and I'm not. Facts are what they are.
I agree that there were medical numbers on file. I just don't feel it was a fact that terrorists went to the school because of that. I think they did because they were impaired somehow. And it was easier to bully pulpit outside the school. Which begs the question - why the apologetics for these actions? Why the rationalizations?
User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 62903
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: To the whack jobs entering schools in the name of social protest

Post by Fancy »

rustled - you certainly articulate your position better than I can. Maybe I'll just ride your coattails for a while and learn how it should be done. Seriously, discussing what's happened and understanding why certainly doesn't mean condoning the actions. How do things get fixed if not examining every part of the problem?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 62903
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: To the whack jobs entering schools in the name of social protest

Post by Fancy »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Oct 2nd, 2021, 5:32 pm I agree that there were medical numbers on file. ...
And that's why the immunization clinic would be there.
nucksRnum1 wrote: Oct 2nd, 2021, 5:32 pm ... Which begs the question - why the apologetics for these actions? Why the rationalizations?
I take offence at being called an "apologetic" because I ask questions. One needs to understand why the actions before coming to terms with a reaction and solution.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
nucksRnum1
Übergod
Posts: 1750
Joined: Jul 2nd, 2021, 1:55 pm

Re: To the whack jobs entering schools in the name of social protest

Post by nucksRnum1 »

This situation is easy to solve. Parents should understand what's going on in our covid reality - and not form a mob of bullies before understanding what is being done. Some parents are all like ....

User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 62903
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: To the whack jobs entering schools in the name of social protest

Post by Fancy »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Oct 2nd, 2021, 5:43 pm This situation is easy to solve. Parents should understand what's going on in our covid reality - and not form a mob of bullies before understanding what is being done. ...
You don't think parents understand? Based on what?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
FreeSpirit4Ever
Board Meister
Posts: 604
Joined: Jul 12th, 2021, 11:42 am

Re: To the whack jobs entering schools in the name of social protest

Post by FreeSpirit4Ever »

rustled wrote: Oct 2nd, 2021, 4:56 pm
gardengirl wrote: Oct 2nd, 2021, 2:18 pm

Exactly. These were not "concerned parents" as they claim. Concerned parents would go through the correct channels, ask to speak to the teacher, the Principal, contact the PAC.
This group showed up en-masse to serve FAKE legal papers. They entered the school without permission. They had no legitimate reason to be there. There were not there to pick up their sick child. They were not there to deliver a forgotten jacket or lunch.

They were asked to leave and did not. The staff was so concerned that they contacted the RCMP. They caused the school to do into lockdown.

That is terrorism.
According to the OP and to you, perhaps. The news stories linked to didn't call it terrorism, and the news isn't generally known for their restraint when there's an opportunity to sensationalize. Unwelcome visitors in schools isn't generally referred to as terrorism, including when the school goes on lockdown, unless there's an actual threat made. Was anyone charged with terrorism?

The question responded to with such drama wasn't about terrorism, though - it was whether or not people in the school were "terrorized" by the protesters. We have several posters here claiming the staff and students were "terrorized" by the protesters. There's no mention of them feeling terror in either of the news stories - the word terror simply isn't used. So personally, I tend to doubt the staff and students were being terrorized, despite these accusations of spitting at nurses and cursing them. Which seems out of sync with the previously assurances that these clinics for a controversial vaccine were not being held in the buildings - they were, we were assured, being held in parking lots. Folk who are most angry about the protests don't really seem to have a good handle on what happened, IMO. Still their prerogative to be as outraged as they feel the urge to be, of course.

What I'm most interested in, though, is how most people very much prefer to discuss the protests, rather than acknowledge the problems of hosting clinics to administer a controversial vaccine in schools where it is easier to act against the wishes of parents of children as young as 12 years of age - and whether or not people believe children that age are capable of informed consent.

Also, whether or not people will continue to turn a blind eye once the age for Covid vaccines is lowered. As I said earlier, I do not think we currently live in a society that has collectively made the decision that it's "none of our business" when parents' concerns vis a vis politically controversial medical interventions for their children are to be overridden by our government, without public consultation or public discussion and without protest. Although it seems we are well into the beginning stages of this becoming the acceptable norm.

With that in mind, I'm curious as to whether or not posters here on the Castanet forum are comfortable with immunizing kindergarten children against the wishes of their parents with a relatively new and quite controversial vaccine.
Your posts give me hope in humanity in this ridiculous world. Thank you. A beacon of light in the insanity that has become our world. A voice of reason. I remember when this issue about vaccines and young children came out and 100% of people (minus The occasional nut job) were against children the age of 12 being able to give consent for this experimental vaccine. But that was a few months back. The brainwashing is almost complete and I don’t even have words for what’s happening to peoples’ lack of critical thinking skills these days, but I do have a number of grandchildren and I can tell you this if any of them were put upon by somebody in the school to jab them with this vaccine Without their parents consent there would be major hell to pay not just with parents but with grandparents. And this was the general feeling when this subject first came to the media people were appalled.

My personal feeling is that the senior citizens in long-term care were guinea pigs of this pandemic and now they want to make the children part of that as well an experiment as it were. There’s going to be a rebellion.

The so-called Ministry of health and all the minions are using the most vulnerable in society for their little experiment first the old people then the little children. Despicable!

Return to “North Okanagan”