The wealthy continue to do this

bob vernon
Lord of the Board

The wealthy continue to do this

Post by bob vernon »

The wealthy have been hiding their wealth in hidden corners of the world for far too long. They own both the Liberal and Conservative parties and even when the rich are exposed, nothing happens. Trudeau gives them an "amnesty". Here is another glimpse inside the way it works. When they get caught, they just say "I didn't know. My accountant looks after all that tax stuff". And no matter who is in power, Liberal or Conservative, they've let it slide and it's been going on like this for decades. Isn't it time that it was stopped?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/pandora-papers- ... -1.6197303
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Re: The wealthy continue to do this

Post by nucksRnum1 »

People are surprised? How?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I just wish I had some money to hide somewhere.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

bob vernon wrote: Oct 3rd, 2021, 8:16 pm Isn't it time that it was stopped?
Once upon a time taxes were levied to fight wars with the promise they would be temporary.

Now it's a crime to have your money in another country that is better on your wallet.

:135:
Boosted632
Banned

Post by Boosted632 »

Perhaps if the government didn't rape people so badly they wouldn't be trying to hide their money, I know I personally do whatever I can to give those crooks the least amount possible.
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

The Liberals won't stop this.

Of that you can be certain.

Trudeau's chief fundraiser linked to Cayman Islands tax scheme

Stephen Bronfman, left, is the chief fundraiser for the Liberal Party and a long-time friend of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, right. (Andrew Vaughan/Canadian Press)

"Our government has long known — indeed, we got elected — on a promise to make sure that people were paying their fair share of taxes," Trudeau said shortly after his election victory. "Tax avoidance, tax evasion is something we take very seriously."

But an investigation by the CBC, Radio-Canada and the Toronto Star has found that Bronfman and his Montreal-based investment company, Claridge Inc., were key players linked to a $60-million US offshore trust in the Cayman Islands that may have cost Canadians millions in unpaid taxes.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/stephe ... -1.4382511
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Oct 3rd, 2021, 11:07 pm People are surprised? How?
Who's surprised? :135:
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Gone_Fishin wrote: Oct 4th, 2021, 11:06 am The Liberals won't stop this.

Of that you can be certain.

Trudeau's chief fundraiser linked to Cayman Islands tax scheme

Stephen Bronfman, left, is the chief fundraiser for the Liberal Party and a long-time friend of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, right. (Andrew Vaughan/Canadian Press)

"Our government has long known — indeed, we got elected — on a promise to make sure that people were paying their fair share of taxes," Trudeau said shortly after his election victory. "Tax avoidance, tax evasion is something we take very seriously."

But an investigation by the CBC, Radio-Canada and the Toronto Star has found that Bronfman and his Montreal-based investment company, Claridge Inc., were key players linked to a $60-million US offshore trust in the Cayman Islands that may have cost Canadians millions in unpaid taxes.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/stephe ... -1.4382511
Absolutely correct, the Trudeau government will not go after friends of his government, friends such as the entire Laurentian Elite which ultimately own the Liberal Party of Canada…
Here’s two links worth reading..

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/balone ... -1.4404891
https://globalnews.ca/news/7969916/cra- ... canadians/
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
blueliner
Übergod

Post by blueliner »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Oct 3rd, 2021, 11:07 pm People are surprised? How?
Just the Justin Trudeau Liberal supporters
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

It's not like Jagmeet is poor. He is worth between $1-5 Million. No real number can be found and the NDP leader is not open to let the voters know what his wealth status truly is.
Regardless, the anti-capitalism champion is not in the middle class. Definitely in the top 5% maybe up into the 1%.
True :swear: hypocrite. More so than the Lib or Con leaders. :-X
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

Let's look at Andrew Scheer.

He's one of many Reform/Alliance MPs with no education and no work experience.

Elected in his early twenties, he's spent his entire adult life at the government trough and become so rich, he requires tax shelters to keep from paying his fair share.

Andrew Scheer's use of 'super lucrative' tax shelter hypocritical, Liberal MP says

'Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house,' MP says of Scheer's attacks on Finance Minister Morneau

Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer has an ownership stake in three real estate limited partnerships, an investment vehicle open only to the wealthy and favoured for its tax-sheltering advantages.

Real estate limited partnerships (RELPs) allow investors to write off up to 50 per cent of their initial investment, a more generous tax-planning measure than RRSPs or a pension plan. And income earned on the investment can later be treated as a capital gain, drawing a much lower tax burden than regular income.

In most provinces, an individual investor must be "accredited" and is required to have more than $1 million in "investable net worth," or an average income of $200,000 or more, to be considered for a limited partnership, putting this sort of arrangement out of reach for most Canadians.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/andrew ... -1.4375171
All posts 100% moderator approved!

Return to “Canada”