NFL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
mexi cali
Guru

Re: NFL

Post by mexi cali »

Yup. And the refs by now will know they got it wrong. There was one angle that showed it pretty clearly.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

I saw a screenshot last night that someone got that you could see clearly it was a TD. Too bad the refs don't follow whoever posted it. LOL
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Trevor Lawrence is so much fun to watch. I just love that kid.
― Albert Einstein
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

seewood wrote: Sep 26th, 2021, 4:26 pm Seattle got spanked today.
Seattle will continue on as such as playing so-so and at times great football during the regular season as long as Pete Carroll is the coach. This all goes back to their 2nd Super Bowl against the Patriots.

Bevel's goal line play call was absolutely :cuss: ing stupid..........THEN made worse by Pete Carroll backing up Bevel's play call right after the game........that was the moment Seattle's future was cemented. Rest assured Russell Wilson will want out soon realizing he'll never go to another Super Bowl under Carroll.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

That was actually a pretty fun game to watch last night. I watched Joe Burrow and of course Trevor Lawrence play in college so it was fun to see them go head to head in the NFL. The Jags need to really cut down on penalties. That was part of their undoing. 24=21 isn't a whipping though, so maybe they'll get it worked it out. :D
― Albert Einstein
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Today there are number of games I will be paying attention to... of course Seahawks vs 49ers

LAR vs Cards (hopefully they beat the hell out each other)
Buc’s vs Pats

The most interesting could be Denver vs Baltimore, now if Denver can keep their winning streak alive against Baltimore. That will go long way to proving they are the real deal.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

There are going to be some good games today. It hurts to be kind of rooting for the Chargers, but I really like Justin Herbert. He's a good guy and the Oregon Ducks miss him a lot! :D
― Albert Einstein
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

ferri wrote: Oct 3rd, 2021, 7:38 am There are going to be some good games today. It hurts to be kind of rooting for the Chargers, but I really like Justin Herbert. He's a good guy and the Oregon Ducks miss him a lot! :D
Right you were. There were some terrific games although we were out of the house for most of the day so I only caught the Patriots/Bucs game. If I had to pick the best team in the league right now it would have to be Arizona but I expect them to be knocked off their perch one of these weeks very soon. Perhaps as early as next week by the 49ers. Good to see the Seahawks back on track!
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

The Seahawks game was not so great to start with. I discovered what a filthy mouth I have at times. :200:

I'm really looking forward to tonight's game. I became an Oregon Ducks fan because of Herbert. He's pretty amazing. Not only that, he's smart too. That's always a plus with quarterbacks. :D
― Albert Einstein
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

impo teams should maybe keep their eyes on the Chargers, they have beaten Kansas City and now Vegas.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

If Herbert stays healthy they're going to have a very good year.

Did you happen to see his school work they showed during one of the breaks?
EWyxfdkVAAAUxja.jpg
EWyxgk_U8AA0yOI.jpg
― Albert Einstein
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

ferri wrote: Oct 3rd, 2021, 7:38 am There are going to be some good games today. It hurts to be kind of rooting for the Chargers, but I really like Justin Herbert. He's a good guy and the Oregon Ducks miss him a lot! :D
I'm going to jump in here as a born-again-NFLer.
ferri, I watched Justin Herbert last night. Great quarterback. And loved the final score.

I've been off NFL for decades.
My last Super Bowl? William Perry the refrigerator played in it. :200:

One of my kids got me watching NFL a couple of weeks ago. I was a captive audience.
Now he wants me to join their football pool next year, which means I'll have to watch a zillion games between now and the next Super Bowl.
It also means my wife could become a football widow some days. :200:

So last night was my first game, watching it by myself. My son was pulling for Vegas, so now I'm one up on him. :biggrin:

A bit of a learning curve though.
San Diego Chargers? What happened to them? Oh, that was the team that won last night. :smt045
Oakland Raiders? Oh, the team from Las Vegas that lost last night.
Various Los Angeles teams gave come and gone and come back. All so confusing.

I was always partial to California teams, as well as the Minnesota Vikings. Joe Kapp, Budd Grant. Remember those guys?

Now I've got to understand these football pools.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

hahaha Even one of the announcers had to drop and do push ups for calling them the Oakland Raiders. [icon_lol2.gif]

The big change that I like this year (and I'm probably starting a fight here) is the taunting rule. They mentioned last night that it has always been against the rules to taunt but that they are actually enforcing it now. They said that before you start blaming the old fuddy duddy coaches it was actually the younger coaches that complained about it. I think it was in week one announcer said that he thought it was being enforced because last year there were no crowds so the coaches could actually hear some of the stuff being said. That's going to put a crimp in some players style. :)

Next game is Thurs. 5:20

Los Angeles Rams @ Seattle Seahawks
― Albert Einstein
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

ferri wrote: Oct 5th, 2021, 3:31 pm hahaha Even one of the announcers had to drop and do push ups for calling them the Oakland Raiders. [icon_lol2.gif]

The big change that I like this year (and I'm probably starting a fight here) is the taunting rule. They mentioned last night that it has always been against the rules to taunt but that they are actually enforcing it now. They said that before you start blaming the old fuddy duddy coaches it was actually the younger coaches that complained about it. I think it was in week one announcer said that he thought it was being enforced because last year there were no crowds so the coaches could actually hear some of the stuff being said. That's going to put a crimp in some players style. :)

Next game is Thurs. 5:20

Los Angeles Rams @ Seattle Seahawks
Ah yes, The taunting rule, which includes baiting. Something we get called on at Castanet. :biggrin:

And next Thursday, I know who I'll be pulling for :up: and who my son will be pulling for :swear: .
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Yes! Baiting is exactly the same thing only right in their faces. I swear, I would have a hard time not punching some of those guys right in the chops. It would be the last thing I ever did but still...

I certainly hope that the Seahawks all show up for the game Thursday night. [icon_lol2.gif]
― Albert Einstein

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”