What we learned from the 2009 swine Flu Pandemic

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

What we learned from the 2009 swine Flu Pandemic

Post by Thinktank »

#1 - Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

#2 - Gloria Macarenko in 2009 and Ian Hanomansing in 2020 (CBC) both sounded the same - 'scared' when they talked about their pandemics, which resulted in vaccine hysteria. The Calgary Flames were so terrified of dying from Swine Flu - they "jumped the line" to get vaccinated.

#3 - In mid-October 2009, Health Canada approved a vaccine for H1N1. Then began the largest vaccination campaign in Canadian history. Between 40­ and 45 per cent of the population (13.5 to 15 million people) received the vaccine.
We learned that millions of people (in Canada it was 15 million) can easily be "terrified" into getting a vaccine, just by the media telling them how bad things are.

#4 - We learned that 428 Canadian died from Swine Flu with 15 million vaccines, and in Poland, with about the same population as Canada, 181 people died from Swine Flu with zero vaccines. Anyone here good at math? What percent increase in deaths occurs for every million vaccines?

#5 - We learned that some things never change. Indigenous people were disproportionately affected by the 2009 H1N1 pandemic. While they made up around 4 per cent of the population, they represented at least 16 per cent of those hospitalized during the first wave of the pandemic and 6.1 per cent during the second. Some things never change. Our (CHEAP) government still loves to vaccinate those Indians - who live in poverty - instead of taking them out of poverty.

#6 - We learned that only one in a thousand health ministers are honest. Polish Health Minister in 2009 Ewa Kopacz, about swine flu vaccines, said twenty two lawyers advised Poland NOT to push the swine flu vaccine. Not too many other countries went against the 2009 Swine Flu vaccination campaign.

Some of the people on this forum might have gotten the Swine flu vaccine. tell us what you learned from that experience.
Was it an "amazing feeling" like Justin had recently with covid vax?

discuss

search the youtube for yourself
https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/ ... -in-canada
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: What we learned from the 2009 swine Flu Pandemic

Post by Fancy »

You mentioned Macarenko on page 108 of this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=95&t=53198&p=2824097#p2824097
and discussed on this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=95&t=86446
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Fancy wrote: Oct 6th, 2021, 8:12 am You mentioned Macarenko on page 108 of this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=95&t=53198&p=2824097#p2824097
and discussed on this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=95&t=86446
Well that just proves his #1 point.

If you don't pay attention you are doomed to repeat yourself.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Thinktank wrote: Oct 6th, 2021, 7:42 am #1 - Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
Some of the people on this forum might have gotten the Swine flu vaccine. tell us what you learned from that experience.
discuss

Are you seriously comparing the 2009 flu with less than 500 deaths in Canada, to covid with over 28,000 deaths?
U.s. gets 60,000 deaths with a bad flu, now is over 700,000 Covid deaths, in spite of their amazing medical system. Over 1 million Covid deaths in North America. 4.8 million confirmed, in the world, far more not tested and buried.

Incidentally I don't recall anyone being "terrified" in 2009, many people did not get the vaccine, did not particularly care if they got it or not. it was a worse flu year than normal. Hockey players need their vaccines because they have very delicate immune systems.
Muzza
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Muzza »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Oct 6th, 2021, 9:18 am
Incidentally I don't recall anyone being "terrified" in 2009, many people did not get the vaccine, did not particularly care if they got it or not. it was a worse flu year than normal. Hockey players need their vaccines because they have very delicate immune systems.
You are correct. I remember hearing about it, and my son probably caught it as he was quite sick for 2 days, but no one I knew was the least bit concerned about it, as it was not affecting many people and was not as serious. I was a little bit concerned about my son, but was confident it would pass. I don't even remember hearing about a vaccine for it.

It was reported on the news, but there was no panic. And to compare it to COVID 19 is just plain silly and counterproductive.
LovemyBolt
Übergod

Post by LovemyBolt »

I more remember news about Tamiflu. I didn't take a vaccine. I've never taken a seasonal flu shot. This one's different.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Oct 6th, 2021, 9:18 am Are you seriously comparing the 2009 flu with less than 500 deaths in Canada, to covid with over 28,000 deaths?
Yeah. :smt045

And I'm wondering if anyone on this forum isn't too ashamed to admit they got vaxxed because the media,
which was learning how to run the "BIGGEST VACCINATION CAMPAIGN IN CANADIAN HISTORY" - tricked them? Anyone?

Thousands of people line up to get the H1N1 vaccine at Metro Hall in Toronto on Friday, Oct. 30, 2009. (Frank Gunn / THE CANADIAN PRESS)

Toronto will be following the province's lead and restricting swine flu immunization in the coming days to people in the high-priority groups -- and turning away the anxious but well.
^ from 2009. Because it was a real pandemic. [icon_lol2.gif]

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thinktank wrote: Oct 6th, 2021, 12:20 pm ...
^ from 2009. Because it was a real pandemic. ....
I didn't get vaccinated but I know people who did as it was a real pandemic even though you called it fake.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resour ... demic.html
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Thinktank wrote: Oct 6th, 2021, 12:20 pm Image
Thousands of people line up to get the H1N1 vaccine at Metro Hall in Toronto on Friday, Oct. 30, 2009. (Frank Gunn / THE CANADIAN PRESS)
Hey - does anyone know why no one wore masks in 2009? Was swine flu not a "mask-hysteria" type of pandemic?

But notice the similarities - except for masks:
Swine = from Mexico
Covid = from China

Swine = FEAR - you could die - 15 million Canadians got vaxxed
Covid = FEAR - you could die - 22 million Canadians got vaxxed

Swine = BIGGEST VACCINATION CAMPAIGN IN CANADIAN HISTORY (in 2009)
Covid = BIGGEST VACCINATION CAMPAIGN IN CANADIAN HISTORY

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thinktank wrote: Oct 7th, 2021, 8:41 am Hey - does anyone know why no one wore masks in 2009? Was swine flu not a "mask-hysteria" type of pandemic?
Apparently some people did.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2009-09- ... pread.html
There's limited evidence -- but no proof -- that face masks offer some protection against H1NI swine flu.
One study shows that when there's a sick family member in the house, other family members could cut their risk of getting sick by 60% to 80% by using face masks consistently and correctly -- in combination with frequent hand washing and avoiding close contact with the sick person.
https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/feat ... face-masks

Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IetXxno ... 1Q&index=4

I feel sorry for all Canadians who "pressured" to get H1N1 vaccines after only five people in a Toronto hospital got sick.
Our media is so crooked - there was no need for that vaccine in 2009.

On the video below, Mark Van Ranst brags about how he got a Belgium soccer team to get the vaccines "dishonestly"
to actually trick people into thinking the H1N1 pandemic was life-threatening and deadly.

Remember the Calgary Flames, that got their vaccines "dishonestly?" Was it to trick people into thinking H1N1 is scary, life threatening, deadly and the vaccines are urgent? Did Canada have their own Mark Van Ranst, pulling the strings behind the scenes, to make a pandemic out of nothing - and sell millions of vaccines?

:smt045

Learn from 2009, people. Learn from 2009.

https://rumble.com/vn7lf5-monopoly-who- ... kkYl2F2_6Q

Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Thinktank wrote: Nov 1st, 2021, 10:46 am
I feel sorry for all Canadians who "pressured" to get H1N1 vaccines after only five people in a Toronto hospital got sick.
Looks to me like the vaccine did a good job.

I guess those 5 people whish they had got the vaccine.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

^^ if anybody doesn't take the time to watch this video ( the rumble one) and just instantly chuckles at it because of the platform from where the information came from, which is all true and can be verified very easily...than they just want to remain either complacent or they just seriously can't believe that this happened and is happening again...

Mark Van Ranst does brag about how you can create fear and control with a virus and he did so with pride..anybody that thinks that we/our world will ever go back to "normal" is naive..

you got power, control and very wealthy people who are going to use this virus, vaccine and the restrictions that THEY can impose on us forever..our world is changing and not for the better of humankind ..it's changing because of the egos of the the elite and how much $$ they can make off of it and us..

funny, we are fighting each other about the information that we have been told and should not question and we're dividing and they are loving it !! it's working pretty good for them
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Thinktank wrote: Oct 6th, 2021, 7:42 am #1 - Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

discuss

I musta missed that pandemic, never heard about the fear, the vaccine was not available, so I didn't get it, nor could at risk family members of mine get the vaccine.
I am sure it was a very bad flu for many people, what was the death rate from it? 28,000? or 8,0000?
https://www.statista.com/statistics/434 ... in-canada/

So what have I learned? It appears that Covid is not the flu. If PHOs like Dr Hinshaw say she's seeing about ten times the deaths from Covid, compared to and average of various flu years, I think she should know. It's something that anyone can understand.
Beerhunter341
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Beerhunter341 »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Oct 6th, 2021, 9:18 am Hockey players need their vaccines because they have very delicate immune systems.
Please elaborate on this

Return to “Health”