All Things Trudeau, Chapter 2

Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: All Things Trudeau, Chapter 2

Post by Catri »

rustled wrote: Oct 5th, 2021, 10:24 am Trudeau has been a source of division in this country from day one. We don't have to let him pit us against each other. That's our choice.
I know this will be hard to accept and understand for those who didn't feel alienated at the time, but Harper was just as divisive as the current PM. I think the difference is that while Harper put off more people by sheer numbers (enough to actually lose an election), Trudeau puts off a smaller number, but they are much more virulent and vocal in their dislike for him.

Canadians have always been divided in my lifetime, by language, by region, by politics, whatever's handy really. I agree that it's our choice and we've made it. I don't think it's that big of a deal, most of us are committed to our country, to our identity as Canadians and the things that divide us are part of that. We are divided on so many things and yet, we stand as one when it counts.
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

Catri wrote: Oct 6th, 2021, 12:38 pm
rustled wrote: Oct 5th, 2021, 10:24 am Trudeau has been a source of division in this country from day one. We don't have to let him pit us against each other. That's our choice.
I know this will be hard to accept and understand for those who didn't feel alienated at the time, but Harper was just as divisive as the current PM. I think the difference is that while Harper put off more people by sheer numbers (enough to actually lose an election), Trudeau puts off a smaller number, but they are much more virulent and vocal in their dislike for him.

Canadians have always been divided in my lifetime, by language, by region, by politics, whatever's handy really. I agree that it's our choice and we've made it. I don't think it's that big of a deal, most of us are committed to our country, to our identity as Canadians and the things that divide us are part of that. We are divided on so many things and yet, we stand as one when it counts.
Well said.

:up: :up: :up:
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
TimmyE
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by TimmyE »

It's fine to say he is coming, but my question is "WHEN is he coming?" Just before the next election when he is scrambling for votes?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
rustled
Buddha of the Board

Post by rustled »

Catri wrote: Oct 6th, 2021, 12:38 pm
Years ago, while Chrétien was PM, I was told by a Liberal MP that if Canadians in the West wanted representation at the federal level, we needed to elect Liberal MPs. IMO, there's not much that's more alienating than having a representative of the federal government tell us that they only seriously consider the needs of Canadians in ridings where they get elected.

Trudeau is, I think, an embodiment of this attitude. Although I didn't vote for Harper, I certainly can't recall ever having felt alienated by him, or thinking he was pitting us against each other to achieve his party's aims. It seemed to me he had Canadians' long-term best interests foremost, even when he prorogued parliament (which vexxed me no end). If you mean to say Canadians felt he wasn't listening to us, I think that's true - it's why he lost the election. To me, though, that is not at all the same as dividing us into groups and pitting us against each other - alienation between Canadians is a different kettle of fish.
Catri wrote:Canadians have always been divided in my lifetime, by language, by region, by politics, whatever's handy really.
I can't agree we were as fixated on our differences as we are now. We had moved well away from determining who got the position by looking at skin colour and gender - we were taught we could never assume anything about anyone by those superficial traits and that it was morally wrong to do so. Now, this stereotyping and prejudice is back with a vengeance, along with all the intolerance and bigotry it spawns. Trudeau is consistent in his encouragement of this trend, his gender-balanced cabinet being an obvious case in point.
Catri wrote: I agree that it's our choice and we've made it. I don't think it's that big of a deal, most of us are committed to our country, to our identity as Canadians and the things that divide us are part of that. We are divided on so many things and yet, we stand as one when it counts.
While I'd like to think we stand as one when it counts, it seems to me being pitted against one another for partisan purposes is taking its toll. Nowhere is this more evident than in the bitter vitriol directed against people who choose not to be vaccinated. To me, it is a big deal - leaders should unite us and help us focus on our common goals.

Trudeau's tendency to exacerbate our differences is part of what makes him, IMO, a very poor leader.
AtlantisKelowna
Board Meister

Post by AtlantisKelowna »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kamloops/ ... ups#347782

I wonder if he is going to get the warm welcoming now that he made another excuse for his bs.

“It was a mistake to travel on that day,”

Im sure none of his advisors thought it was a bad idea before he lied to Canada about being in meetings all day. Like really, you don't just wake up in the morning and travel across the country without the plans being in place well in advance. The guy is an embarrassment to this country along with any of his supporters.

All politics aside, do you think a proven repeat offender is better to control the outcome of our country or someone who has yet to give us a reason to doubt?

"Do what I say not as I do...unless your my friend then ill help you...until I need to throw you under the bus to save myself..."

Seems like something JT would say, I mean that's how he plays politics
rustled
Buddha of the Board

Post by rustled »

AtlantisKelowna wrote: Oct 6th, 2021, 4:44 pm https://www.castanet.net/news/Kamloops/ ... ups#347782

I wonder if he is going to get the warm welcoming now that he made another excuse for his bs.

What a masterful bit of political doublespeak there, right?

He's not apologizing for being on vacation when he shouldn't have been - he's saying "it" was a mistake to travel on that day.

Riiiiighhhht.

"Its" happen. Sometimes Canadians just experience these "its" differently. Sometimes these "its" are a mistake.

Some apology!
AtlantisKelowna wrote: Im sure none of his advisors thought it was a bad idea before he lied to Canada about being in meetings all day. Like really, you don't just wake up in the morning and travel across the country without the plans being in place well in advance. The guy is an embarrassment to this country along with any of his supporters.

All politics aside, do you think a proven repeat offender is better to control the outcome of our country or someone who has yet to give us a reason to doubt?

"Do what I say not as I do...unless your my friend then ill help you...until I need to throw you under the bus to save myself..."

Seems like something JT would say, I mean that's how he plays politics
:up: :up:
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

rustled wrote: Oct 6th, 2021, 7:25 pm

He's not apologizing for being on vacation when he shouldn't have been - he's saying "it" was a mistake to travel on that day.

Riiiiighhhht.

"Its" happen. Sometimes these "its" are a mistake. Some apology.

Exactly. Justin is a total piece of horrible human garbage.
"The western far Left is habitually the most stupid, naive people you can imagine. They come up with these really goofy constructs and it's all about feeling good about yourself."
From the river to the sea, Israel must be psychopath Hamas free.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

AtlantisKelowna wrote: Oct 6th, 2021, 4:44 pm https://www.castanet.net/news/Kamloops/ ... ups#347782

Not if I have any say in it! :cuss:

I'm not even sure how badly the natives want him here now that he has disrespected their day.
If it wasn't for them I would ensure that his welcome was nowhere near being warm.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Oct 6th, 2021, 7:28 pm
rustled wrote: Oct 6th, 2021, 7:25 pm

Riiiiighhhht.

"Its" happen. Sometimes these "its" are a mistake. Some apology.

No one cares. Everything turned out well, JT got his holiday and the FNs got their political apology. All good that ends well...another case of a nothing burger from the JT haters.
rustled
Buddha of the Board

Post by rustled »

bb49 wrote: Oct 6th, 2021, 7:41 pm

Not if I have any say in it! :cuss:

I'm not even sure how badly the natives want him here now that he has disrespected their day.
If it wasn't for them I would ensure that his welcome was nowhere near being warm.
Shall we predict a new chant erupting at the airport?

The Trudeau-friendly MSM better come up with a Canadian equivalent for "Let's go Brandon", just to play it safe.
mikest2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mikest2 »

foenix wrote: Oct 6th, 2021, 7:42 pm
The Green Barbarian wrote: Oct 6th, 2021, 7:28 pm

No one cares. Everything turned out well, JT got his holiday and the FNs got their political apology. All good that ends well...another case of a nothing burger from the JT haters.
you should be ashamed of yourself for that
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

mikest2 wrote: Oct 6th, 2021, 8:09 pm
foenix wrote: Oct 6th, 2021, 7:42 pm

Why? Everyone is happy, no? Is there more to it? Should JT walk on hot coals while saying sorry a hundred times? Would that be better?
mikest2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mikest2 »

foenix wrote: Oct 6th, 2021, 8:18 pm
mikest2 wrote: Oct 6th, 2021, 8:09 pm

Why? Everyone is happy, no? Is there more to it? Should JT walk on hot coals while saying sorry a hundred times? Would that be better?
Crocodile tears, I cannot believe anyone is soft enough in the head to buy his crap
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

JT needs to fire ALL of his advisors, simply because of how many times he has had to apologize for stupid choices.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Canada”