Defund the CBC

Should we stop the taxpayers' bailout of CBC?

Yes, they need to make it on their own
54%
No, I want more coverage of Trudeau's socks
46%

Total votes: 210

Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Re: Defund the CBC

Post by Catsumi »

I have tried. They are under a restricted protected covenant now, at least when i tried.

It was Dr. Bundolo’s Pandemonium Medicine Show now that i think on it.

Absolutely hilarious. Never missed an episode.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

rustled wrote: Oct 6th, 2021, 7:42 pm
The golden age of radio - Double Exposure, Peter Gzowski, Arthur Black, Rex Murphy...
Used to love tuning in on Sunday afternoons to the Royal Canadian Air Farce. They were comedy gold, so amazing.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

Catsumi wrote: Oct 6th, 2021, 7:57 pm I have tried. They are under a restricted protected covenant now, at least when i tried.

I LOVED Royal Canadian Air Farce. Oh my goodness. I used to be in tears laughing at John Morgan. Ah, get STUFFED.
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
"I figured out how to monetize SJWs." Jordan B. Peterson
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

daria wrote: Oct 6th, 2021, 8:00 pm
Catsumi wrote: Oct 6th, 2021, 7:57 pm I have tried. They are under a restricted protected covenant now, at least when i tried.

I LOVED Royal Canadian Air Farce. Oh my goodness. I used to be in tears laughing at John Morgan. Ah, get STUFFED.
We got to laugh at goofy politicians [c’est moi, Pierre]! The Royals, anything that moved….and we all survived and were better for it. Those cheery shows pulled us together back then. Now they are Not funny and promote division instead.

Honestly…where ARE all the comedy scripters that could give us a good belly laugh at the edicts vomited forth by Kovid Kings on a daily basis?
Last edited by Catsumi on Oct 6th, 2021, 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

The Chicken Cannon! [icon_lol2.gif]
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

daria wrote: Oct 6th, 2021, 8:00 pm
And Dave Broadfoot. "When I regained consciousness...." killer line....
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

daria wrote: Oct 6th, 2021, 8:03 pm The Chicken Cannon! [icon_lol2.gif]
I had fogotten that one….some fool politician would be stuffed into the cannon and fired off over the provinces.

Bring them back if you want to survive the sharpened knives, CBC

Unknown
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

Catsumi wrote: Oct 6th, 2021, 8:07 pm
I had fogotten that one….some fool politician would be stuffed into the cannon and fired off over the provinces.

Yeah, but without any wokies. They can't do comedy.

The only one with the cajones to be politically incorrect is Russell Peters. :up:
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

:up: :up: :up:
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

daria wrote: Oct 6th, 2021, 8:09 pm

The only one with the cajones to be politically incorrect is Russell Peters. :up:
Even though Rick Mercer is openly gay, I’m willing to bet he isn’t a huge fan of all this politically correct wokeism bull *bleep*, and is still able to write and perform good old fashioned comedy.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

Hurtlander wrote: Oct 6th, 2021, 8:25 pm
daria wrote: Oct 6th, 2021, 8:09 pm

Even though Rick Mercer is openly gay, I’m willing to bet he isn’t a huge fan of all this politically correct wokeism bull *bleep*, and is still able to write and perform good old fashioned comedy.
I miss his rants!
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

Ron James, Russell Peters and Rick Mercer.

R^3 (R cubed or Reality cubed)

I'd watch it on any Canadian channel.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

We all remember this guy, one of the CBC greats.

https://thepostmillennial.com/cbc-bette ... leadership
The country needs CBC to be better,' legendary broadcaster Peter Mansbridge slams CBC leadership
I think the country absolutely needs the CBC. Do they need the CBC they’ve got right now? Probably not. They need it to be better."

Thanks for telling it like it is, Peter. But will anyone listen?
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

bb49 wrote: Oct 7th, 2021, 12:42 pm We all remember this guy, one of the CBC greats.

https://thepostmillennial.com/cbc-bette ... leadership
The country needs CBC to be better,' legendary broadcaster Peter Mansbridge slams CBC leadership
I think the country absolutely needs the CBC. Do they need the CBC they’ve got right now? Probably not. They need it to be better."

Thanks for telling it like it is, Peter. But will anyone listen?
:up: :up:
I wonder if the CBC will interview him?
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Flash thought….wasn’t there also Mr. Canoehead? Bashed into all and sundry every time he moved? He epitomized the bull in a china shop….nothing was safe or secure with him around.

Who’d have thought it’d be so true now with the ego and swelled head sported by our now barely elected PM? [icon_lol2.gif]

Unknown

Return to “Canada”