All Things Trudeau, Chapter 2

AtlantisKelowna
Board Meister

Re: All Things Trudeau, Chapter 2

Post by AtlantisKelowna »

foenix wrote: Oct 7th, 2021, 10:12 am
AtlantisKelowna wrote: Oct 7th, 2021, 10:03 am

Good to see people are willing to accept unethical leaders for the sake of a political party. Real sad. NO political party is perfect, but to base your reasoning on hate for one party when you have many examples of serious accusations and crimes yet you don't demand answers makes you part of the problem. Im not opposed to any party, I judge them based on personal character and JT's is terrible as he has proven again and again.
I'm a comparison shopper when it comes to political parties and in comparing, the 2 viable parties, JT and the Libs are still the lesser of 2 evils.....it's as simple as that for me.
So your logic is that a proven liar is the lesser of two evils when the other person hasn't proven to be unethical? Wow, no wonder this country is falling apart.
zerograv
Banned

Post by zerograv »

AtlantisKelowna wrote: Oct 7th, 2021, 10:12 am
foenix wrote: Oct 7th, 2021, 9:43 am

https://www.sac-isc.gc.ca/eng/150651414 ... 3317130660

So this isn't action? What did the other party do for the FN when they were in power? At least JT and the Libs can point to something concrete in action for the FN......not so much for the other guys, hey?
What is the delay? Why has this not been 100% completed? Is clean drinking water not essential? Not one reason why these people continue to suffer while we are bailing out corporations or giving media outlets hundreds of million of dollars before an election that wasted even more money for what?

Instead of holding you're :cuss: :cuss: leader responsible you blame those in the past. Pathetic. History has shown that politics in Canada has been unfair to our FN people on both sides of the political spectrum so maybe JT could set the tone like he always promises and stop providing lip service.
Building complex water treatment facilities and infrastructure in remote locations during a global supply crisis and pandemic isn't exactly going to happen overnight.

Plus, the FN bands also need to be trained on how to maintain these systems. That takes investment and time.

How many did the last guy end?
Before giving someone a piece of your mind, make sure that you have enough to spare.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

I don’t understand the “lesser of two evils “ argument either.

Trudeau has shown himself to be both untruthful and unethical. He is clearly neither the feminist, nor the environmentalist he portrays himself to be. And has shown repeatedly that he cares for nothing and no-one other than what benefits his own selfish self interest.

Why on earth so many folks still hero worship the guy amazes me. I genuinely don’t understand.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Merry wrote: Oct 7th, 2021, 10:43 am
Why on earth so many folks still hero worship the guy amazes me. I genuinely don’t understand.
I could never understand the fascination with his dad either. Just such disgusting hubris and arrogance on display, 24 hours a day. Why are some feeble-minded people in Canada drawn to such horrific personal traits? It's nonsensical.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

Bingo we have a winner. :smt045 :smt045
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Jagmeet getting on the "Justin is a bad man for taking off on September 30th" bandwagon...only a week too late...

Trudeau’s decision to vacation in Tofino on National Day for Truth and Reconciliation was ‘hurtful,’ Singh says

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/video/tr ... d=msedgntp
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
zerograv
Banned

Post by zerograv »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Oct 7th, 2021, 10:52 am Jagmeet getting on the "Justin is a bad man for taking off on September 30th" bandwagon...only a week too late...

Trudeau’s decision to vacation in Tofino on National Day for Truth and Reconciliation was ‘hurtful,’ Singh says

Grifters gonna grift.

Shocking.
Before giving someone a piece of your mind, make sure that you have enough to spare.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Oct 7th, 2021, 10:52 am Jagmeet getting on the "Justin is a bad man for taking off on September 30th" bandwagon...only a week too late...

At first, I was puzzled by Trudeau’s apparent lack of empathy for folks he professes to care about. And for his absolute “tone deafness”, regarding how his taking a personal day on the day his Government set aside for reflection on past wrongs would be received in the court of Public opinion.

But I now realize Trudeau was just following a pattern he’s been following all along. Do whatever he feels like doing, then apologize when he gets caught, and assume everyone will soon forget about it and move on.

And, I must say, it’s a pattern that seems to be working very well for him, so far.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

AtlantisKelowna wrote: Oct 7th, 2021, 10:15 am
foenix wrote: Oct 7th, 2021, 10:12 am

I'm a comparison shopper when it comes to political parties and in comparing, the 2 viable parties, JT and the Libs are still the lesser of 2 evils.....it's as simple as that for me.
So your logic is that a proven liar is the lesser of two evils when the other person hasn't proven to be unethical? Wow, no wonder this country is falling apart.
You can only compare them when they are in power to see what they do......the last time Jt's opponents were in power, they were a disaster, historically corrupt and scandalous so yeah until JT and the LIbs approach the level of the last dysfunctional party, I will still vote for them.
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

Merry wrote: Oct 7th, 2021, 11:17 am

At first, I was puzzled by Trudeau’s apparent lack of empathy for folks he professes to care about. And for his absolute “tone deafness”, regarding how his taking a personal day on the day his Government set aside for reflection on past wrongs would be received in the court of Public opinion.

But I now realize Trudeau was just following a pattern he’s been following all along. Do whatever he feels like doing, then apologize when he gets caught, and assume everyone will soon forget about it and move on.

And, I must say, it’s a pattern that seems to be working very well for him, so far.
See, you guys got your wish, JT has grown into a "politician".
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

:up: :up:
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

foenix wrote: Oct 7th, 2021, 11:20 am

But the worst kind of politician.

The sleazy “back room dealing” kind, who lies through his teeth and constantly protects his own self interest.

Why on earth you think that’s acceptable, on the grounds that “they all do it”, is a mystery to me.

If we want to clean up politics, we need to work together to identify the rotten apples and kick them from office. Not keep re-electing them.
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

AtlantisKelowna wrote: Oct 7th, 2021, 10:03 am
foenix wrote: Oct 7th, 2021, 9:38 am

Good enough to win the election and keep the CPC on the sideline where they belong.
Good to see people are willing to accept unethical leaders for the sake of a political party. Real sad. NO political party is perfect, but to base your reasoning on hate for one party when you have many examples of serious accusations and crimes yet you don't demand answers makes you part of the problem. Im not opposed to any party, I judge them based on personal character and JT's is terrible as he has proven again and again.
Agreed, there seems to be something motivating many to fight against any reason, facts, recent actually happenings, present situations etc. in the name of something else. Like you I am not opposed to any party, like most in the past. And no one could deny who, has been in charge and is currently of our government, but refuse any of those continual incidents and items that have happened all in exchange for something else with no merit. Seems that supporting JT has something else others do not. Like an image, promises, Utopia, great reset, wok-ism, victim hood, and cuddling. People are not happy with JT's performance they just chose to ignore it for something of more importance. Politics can win now on this merit alone.
And this is scary as crap. JT has learnt to feed many people seeking the above, and it has worked.
When people have to resort back a decade ago to leaders that are no longer even in the running to justify they are scared and then completely ignore the present complete mess, Houston, we have a problem.
I'll take one issue that is so absurd and wrong it should have had the leader thrown out onto the street, but nothing came of it. $60 mil to media the day before the election call. $600mil in the years previously. If that was any other leader the same people would lose their marbles.
This is no longer about needing someone to make our country great again, people need JT for their mental well being and existence.
It would be great if anyone could offer up another reason, but from what we see in society and here their is nothing being offered.
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

Merry wrote: Oct 7th, 2021, 11:38 am
foenix wrote: Oct 7th, 2021, 11:20 am

The sleazy “back room dealing” kind, who lies through his teeth and constantly protects his own self interest.

Why on earth you think that’s acceptable, on the grounds that “they all do it”, is a mystery to me.

If we want to clean up politics, we need to work together to identify the rotten apples and kick them from office. Not keep re-electing them.
[icon_lol2.gif] Is there any other kind of a politician?
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

foenix wrote: Oct 7th, 2021, 11:46 am
Merry wrote: Oct 7th, 2021, 11:38 am

[icon_lol2.gif] Is there any other kind of a politician?
Yes, I believe there are. But, for some strange reason, voters often vote out the ones who demonstrate integrity, while re-electing the badly behaved ones. And then complain about sleazy politicians.

Think about Jane Philpott, and I think you’ll see what I mean. And our political landscape is littered with good people who were similarly discarded.

It really is true that people get the Government they deserve.

Return to “Canada”