All Things Trudeau, Chapter 2

foenix
Guru

Re: All Things Trudeau, Chapter 2

Post by foenix »

Merry wrote: Oct 7th, 2021, 11:52 am
foenix wrote: Oct 7th, 2021, 11:46 am

[icon_lol2.gif] Is there any other kind of a politician?
Yes, I believe there are. But, for some strange reason, voters often vote out the ones who demonstrate integrity, while re-electing the badly behaved ones. And then complain about sleazy politicians.

Think about Jane Philpott, and I think you’ll see what I mean. And our political landscape is littered with good people who were similarly discarded.

It really is true that people get the Government they deserve.
I'm with you on that but that's what we got and I haven't seen it get any better since I've been in Canada......and look at the US now. What a disaster!!
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

foenix wrote: Oct 7th, 2021, 11:59 am
Merry wrote: Oct 7th, 2021, 11:52 am
Yes, I believe there are. But, for some strange reason, voters often vote out the ones who demonstrate integrity, while re-electing the badly behaved ones. And then complain about sleazy politicians.

Think about Jane Philpott, and I think you’ll see what I mean. And our political landscape is littered with good people who were similarly discarded.

It really is true that people get the Government they deserve.
I'm with you on that but that's what we got and I haven't seen it get any better since I've been in Canada......and look at the US now. What a disaster!!
I think part of the problem is that far too many people allow themselves to be persuaded by what they read in the media (including social media) without bothering to fact check what they read. And of those that do try to fact check, too many don’t make the effort to ensure they are using reliable, unbiased sources.

How do we get people to take the time to make sure they’re making decisions based on sound information? I think it probably starts in the schools, colleges and universities, by encouraging students to do their own research and invite debate, instead of forcing them to always adhere to the mainstream narrative. Particularly on controversial issues.

But that’s a whole new thread.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

The chief of Tk'emlups te Secwepemc wants more than just an apology from the Prime Minister — Rosanne Casimir wants Justin Trudeau to come to Kamloops prepared to discuss funding band projects, including an Indigenous healing centre.

Trudeau said Wednesday that he would visit Kamloops in the coming weeks. He faced heavy criticism after turning down the Tk'emlups band's invites to attend ceremonies on Sept. 30, Canada's first National Day for Truth and Reconciliation, opting instead to fly to Tofino for a family vacation.

In a statement Thursday, Tk'emlups te Secwepemc said the lack of a response to two letters was "an added insult," but have chosen a date offered by Trudeau’s office and look forward to welcoming him in the community later this month.

However, the band said it isn’t interested in an apology or a media event to compensate for his lack of participation on the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation.

“We are not interested in apologies that don’t lead to institutional and widespread change,” the band wrote, adding it wants a commitment to funding this and other key projects from the Canadian government.

“We require funding for a Tk'emlúps healing centre to support Survivors and intergenerational Survivors.”

The statement continued, saying Trudeau's presence would have shown the world his personal commitment to "enacting real change and rectifying the historical wrongs" of the residential school system, and to personally support grieving Indian Residential School survivors.

“Tk'emlúps te Secwépemc asks that the Prime Minister come prepared to discuss how the Canadian government can assist us in funding these key projects as a gesture towards meaningful recognition and reconciliation for Indian Residential School Survivors,” the press release said, adding that they will continue to call upon the Prime Minister to to witness and recognize Tk'emlúps collective history and be part of the solution.

In the visit to T’kemlups, the band said Trudeau will meet with survivors and listen to them speak their truths about Indian Residential Schools.
https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#347950
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Oct 7th, 2021, 8:23 am
nucksRnum1 wrote: Oct 7th, 2021, 12:21 am
He had nothing to apologize for. He went on a vacay. Nothing to see here.
And yet he apologized.
A fake sorry. That's normal. He was just rubbing your nose into his sowwey.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Oct 7th, 2021, 1:10 pm
The chief of Tk'emlups te Secwepemc wants more than just an apology from the Prime Minister — Rosanne Casimir wants Justin Trudeau to come to Kamloops prepared to discuss funding band projects, including an Indigenous healing centre.

Trudeau said Wednesday that he would visit Kamloops in the coming weeks. He faced heavy criticism after turning down the Tk'emlups band's invites to attend ceremonies on Sept. 30, Canada's first National Day for Truth and Reconciliation, opting instead to fly to Tofino for a family vacation.

In a statement Thursday, Tk'emlups te Secwepemc said the lack of a response to two letters was "an added insult," but have chosen a date offered by Trudeau’s office and look forward to welcoming him in the community later this month.

However, the band said it isn’t interested in an apology or a media event to compensate for his lack of participation on the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation.

“We are not interested in apologies that don’t lead to institutional and widespread change,” the band wrote, adding it wants a commitment to funding this and other key projects from the Canadian government.

“We require funding for a Tk'emlúps healing centre to support Survivors and intergenerational Survivors.”

The statement continued, saying Trudeau's presence would have shown the world his personal commitment to "enacting real change and rectifying the historical wrongs" of the residential school system, and to personally support grieving Indian Residential School survivors.

“Tk'emlúps te Secwépemc asks that the Prime Minister come prepared to discuss how the Canadian government can assist us in funding these key projects as a gesture towards meaningful recognition and reconciliation for Indian Residential School Survivors,” the press release said, adding that they will continue to call upon the Prime Minister to to witness and recognize Tk'emlúps collective history and be part of the solution.

In the visit to T’kemlups, the band said Trudeau will meet with survivors and listen to them speak their truths about Indian Residential Schools.
https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#347950
After the "mistake" of traveling on "that day", the band is in a better position than Trudeau is to call the shots.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

nucksRnum1 wrote: Oct 7th, 2021, 1:43 pm

A fake sorry. That's normal. He was just rubbing your nose into his sowwey.
What?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

rustled wrote: Oct 7th, 2021, 1:55 pm
After the "mistake" of traveling on "that day", the band is in a better position than Trudeau is to call the shots.
How so? Trudeau like his dad doesn't give a hoot about the court of public opinion. Or the kangaroo court sessions. So obviously there isn't much that others can do so they "call the shots". The people that don't matter just had an election and they couldn't get rid of Trudeau. Which is great for me.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

nucksRnum1 wrote: Oct 7th, 2021, 2:33 pm

How so? Trudeau like his dad doesn't give a hoot about the court of public opinion.
But Pierre was smart, while Justin is a giant dumb-dumb.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

rustled wrote: Oct 7th, 2021, 1:55 pm
Naturally the issue is being used to obtain another financial windfall for the band, and no doubt set a precedent to allow others to come to the trough as well.

In the end it always comes down to the same thing, extorting more money from the feds, which at the end of the day is us. As if we aren't funding enough stuff already. :cuss:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

Final tally .. 160 seats.
Gained 3 seats.
Liberals not hated by most Canadians after all.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/34 ...
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Oct 7th, 2021, 2:41 pm

How so? Trudeau like his dad doesn't give a hoot about the court of public opinion.
True that. And his father wouldn't have put himself in the position where someone else would be better seated to call the shots. Love him or loathe him or anywhere in between, his father understood the responsibilities of leadership and had both the brains and the backbone to lead. Whereas Justin Trudeau is one of the people his father was referring to here:
Last edited by rustled on Oct 7th, 2021, 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

No doubt Justin's response to the criticism from the natives was that infamous quote from Marie Antoinette,
Qu'ils mangent du gâteau
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

PoplarSoul wrote: Oct 7th, 2021, 2:55 pm Final tally .. 160 seats.
Gained 3 seats.
And cheap too, only cost Canadian taxpayers $200 million per seat.
Liberals not hated by most Canadians after all.
Just Canadians with brains.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Smart??? Really?

I would say “crafty”.

Trudeau the First knew how to play one side against the other to rise up in the middle and thereby got his way with us and other politicians.

On the Trudeau the Second, he plays like a fool with almost everyone but his acolytes despising him as a boneless fish.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Exactly, Pierre was an arrogant SOB, but he was a highly intelligent arrogant SOB.. Justin is dumber than a sack of hammers.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.

Return to “Canada”