NFL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
mexi cali
Guru

Re: NFL

Post by mexi cali »

Here's kind of a gross story that has bearing on Wilsons injury. Way back when, my mom suffered a similar injury, not playing football but something more domestic that resulted in the same injury. She had surgery on it and they inserted a piece of stainless surgical metal wire into her finger tip to keep it straight while it healed. Took a long time but eventually her finger straightened out and she was good to go,

When she passed, I had her cremated and we picked up the urn and brought it home. My sister wanted some of her remains so I had to open the container and there on top was that piece of surgical steel wire.

Durable.

Go back to what you were doing.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

I have a few persisting issues from my days playing football, but I won't get into it. Just to say if I could
do it all over again I would have taken up golf at a much younger age and skipped taking the hits.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

I don't even know what to say. LOL That's pretty amazing.

I'm hoping Geno continues to play like he did last night.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

I'm already picturing Russ on the sidelines pacing with his helmet on. lol

Report: Seahawks’ Russell Wilson has finger surgery, will be out roughly six weeks

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... red%20User
― Albert Einstein
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

ferri wrote: Oct 8th, 2021, 6:00 pm I'm already picturing Russ on the sidelines pacing with his helmet on. lol

Report: Seahawks’ Russell Wilson has finger surgery, will be out roughly six weeks

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... red%20User
As it is Seattle is unfortunately at bottom NFC west, out for 6 weeks or 6 months wouldn’t really make any difference.

There defence has massive hole down middle of the field, like 1 commentator said they are playing as if they still have legion of boom. That ship sailed away long time ago.

Ownership needs to seriously look at rebuilding ASAP.
Added later: just maybe it’s time HC to retire.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

I don't know what the problem is other than NFC West is the toughest division. I do know that last year they started out hot and lost 4 games total until the final loss in the playoffs. I'm hoping they're just starting slow and getting ready to get their acts together. lol We'll just have to wait and see. Getting Tre Flowers out of there was a good move. He just wasn't cutting it at corner.

Edited to add: I don't think Russ will be throwing anything for awhile...
244421436_430300551785865_383686629607859732_n.jpg
― Albert Einstein
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Yikes. Here's an update:
244755248_4555720231141359_9183255628937481931_n.jpg
― Albert Einstein
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

It’s rather rare in baseball having a pitcher being Ambidextrous... it would be wild to ever see QB being this.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

That's funny because I thought about that too and thought if anyone would try it it would be Russ. lol
― Albert Einstein
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Ka-El wrote: Oct 8th, 2021, 4:14 pm I have a few persisting issues from my days playing football, but I won't get into it. Just to say if I could
do it all over again I would have taken up golf at a much younger age and skipped taking the hits.
That goes for many of us here. Our old war wounds are catching up to us. :smt045
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Jon Gruden has resigned as head coach of the Las Vegas Raiders.

If you're watching MNF they're going to talk about it at halftime.

My biggest question is, who hangs onto emails for 10 years? :135:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... -NLETTER01
Jon Gruden statement: “I have resigned as Head Coach of the Las Vegas Raiders. I love the Raiders and do not want to be a distraction. Thank you to all the players, coaches, staff, and fans of Raider Nation. I’m sorry, I never meant to hurt anyone.”
― Albert Einstein
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

caught the last 5 mins of tonight's game. lemar Jackson. what an athlete and QB. Amazing hurry up the last few mins. Colts were gassed.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

That was sad. The Colts had it, but I knew they'd have to keep the ball out of Jackson's hands. There have been so many games already this season that have gone into OT!
― Albert Einstein
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

How many field goals and PAT attempts were missed yesterday? One guy missed 3 in a row.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

ferri wrote: Oct 11th, 2021, 6:15 pm Jon Gruden has resigned as head coach of the Las Vegas Raiders.

If you're watching MNF they're going to talk about it at halftime.

My biggest question is, who hangs onto emails for 10 years? :135:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... -NLETTER01
Jon Gruden statement: “I have resigned as Head Coach of the Las Vegas Raiders. I love the Raiders and do not want to be a distraction. Thank you to all the players, coaches, staff, and fans of Raider Nation. I’m sorry, I never meant to hurt anyone.”
I have no issue with what he said about Goodell. I think lots of people feel that way. The gay stuff though? You'd think that the world would know better by now. Too bad. He was/is a good coach but you can't be "that way" anymore.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”