Gun Control

Sparki55
Guru

Re: Gun Control

Post by Sparki55 »

Fancy wrote: Sep 22nd, 2021, 3:22 pm
Sparki55 wrote: Sep 22nd, 2021, 2:57 pm But people still have guns. Step one, remove guns.
Remove them from the criminals. I'm keeping mine.
The goal isn't to make Canada safer. The goal is to gain votes.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Sparki55 wrote: Sep 22nd, 2021, 3:28 pm The goal isn't to make Canada safer. The goal is to gain votes.
*sigh - sad that so many don't see that. I can't articulate well enough to those opposed to gun ownership my point of view that removing guns from society doesn't mean guns disappear. We're seeing family history vanish because guns can't be passed down from generation to generation without a lot of red tape and destruction somewhat of the gun.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
mikest2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mikest2 »

Sparki55 wrote: Sep 22nd, 2021, 2:57 pm
But people still have guns. Step one, remove guns.
Only the legally held guns can be removed, criminals do not obey laws.
Criminals are already illegally possessing firearms, nothing changes except only criminals have firearms.
What next ? Knives, rope, cars, baseball and hockey gear ? They kill far more people than firearms do.
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

Fancy wrote: Sep 22nd, 2021, 3:34 pm *sigh - sad that so many don't see that. I can't articulate well enough to those opposed to gun ownership my point of view that removing guns from society doesn't mean guns disappear. We're seeing family history vanish because guns can't be passed down from generation to generation without a lot of red tape and destruction somewhat of the gun.
People can't see this side of the story because they don't open their minds and look into the real issues.

If you're having a debate with someone who doesn't see this, ask them questions instead of explaining yourself. Ask "do you know the # of people killed each year by legal firearms owners". Ask "are you aware of the difference between full metal jacket and other ammo types?". Then my favorite "can you tell me the last time you felt unsafe around a firearm?"

Their tone will change when the realize they don't understand any of the problem.

Gun laws are chosen because people don't understand it, guns scare people, a small portion actually own them and media can be used to gain votes.

Sad, but true.
mikest2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mikest2 »

Sparki55 wrote: Sep 22nd, 2021, 3:54 pm
Fancy wrote: Sep 22nd, 2021, 3:34 pm *sigh - sad that so many don't see that. I can't articulate well enough to those opposed to gun ownership my point of view that removing guns from society doesn't mean guns disappear. We're seeing family history vanish because guns can't be passed down from generation to generation without a lot of red tape and destruction somewhat of the gun.
People can't see this side of the story because they don't open their minds and look into the real issues.

If you're having a debate with someone who doesn't see this, ask them questions instead of explaining yourself. Ask "do you know the # of people killed each year by legal firearms owners". Ask "are you aware of the difference between full metal jacket and other ammo types?". Then my favorite "can you tell me the last time you felt unsafe around a firearm?"

Their tone will change when the realize they don't understand any of the problem.

Gun laws are chosen because people don't understand it, guns scare people, a small portion actually own them and media can be used to gain votes.

Sad, but true.
Need the like button back !! :up: :up: :up:
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

oldtrucker wrote: Sep 22nd, 2021, 6:44 pm No you wont be. Only a matter of time before this is normal across the country....Sask just allowed no warrant seizure in a 'emergency' according to this site. https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/canad ... a-warrant/
I don't know about this site or if it's credible in any way. Someone sent me a link.
lol - I really don't think there's enough of an emergency to warrant officials taking my guns for any purpose.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

Fancy wrote: Sep 22nd, 2021, 8:04 pm lol - I really don't think there's enough of an emergency to warrant officials taking my guns for any purpose.
Wanna talk about all the gun owners who have had their guns seized when a natural disaster strikes?
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

Damm, legal or not I need a pair of Benelli M4's for the cache.
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

Banned now in Canada.
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

featfan wrote: Sep 23rd, 2021, 1:14 pm Banned now in Canada.
Just did a Google search and it says that are banned.
No matter there are other ways to get a couple.

Do you ever watch Runkel of the Bailey?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Zoso wrote: Sep 22nd, 2021, 9:04 am Exactly , the government wont stop until they have complete control . If you cant see it , you deserve it.
Government is to damn stupid to be able shutdown black market, especially JT’s.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

GordonH wrote: Sep 23rd, 2021, 7:11 pm

Please explain how you shut down the black market.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

crookedmember wrote: Sep 23rd, 2021, 7:21 pm
GordonH wrote: Sep 23rd, 2021, 7:11 pm

Please explain how you shut down the black market.
Not for me to shut it down, government wants to remove assault weapons (guns). Not going to happen with black market.

They can’t even stop the huge amount of illegal drugs coming into Canada.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

oldtrucker wrote: Oct 12th, 2021, 12:05 pm So a old guy gets his guns seized during a wellness check...https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/v ... d=msedgntp
From the pic in the article, I can guess that of the 7 guns clearly visible, I'd put a value of at least $12,000 on them wholesale. They seized 174 guns from him- possibly all of his retirement savings. Possibly worth $200K-$400K or more for his 174 guns. A lot of people invest in antique guns as they usually go up steadily in value and are as good of a investment as gold, stocks etc.
I'm wondering if he has a advocate, family etc that can speak for him in this matter. If he doesn't, then I wonder if his estate will be properly managed by people that know the value of what was seized. And another thing....anything that was pre 1898 in certain calibers should have been left in his residence as they are not firearms and storage laws don't apply.
The guy is 76 and in poor mental and physical health. The cops took him to the hospital; do you think they could just leave 174 guns in the unattended house?

The guns were seized until this is sorted out.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
cdnsteel74

Post by cdnsteel74 »

Yup continue to blame legal, law-abiding gun owners...go after the low hanging fruit rather than try and actually deal with the problem.

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/ ... ivO6EMGbo8

Return to “Canada”