Coronavirus/Variants/Vaccine/Masks

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Kel0wna
Posts: 88
Joined: Sep 16th, 2015, 4:58 pm

Re: Joe Rogan is a hypocrite

Post by Kel0wna »

Jonrox wrote: Oct 13th, 2021, 11:22 am
Kel0wna wrote: Oct 13th, 2021, 11:17 am He's a hypocrite how exactly? MSG has no choice but to follow the mandate to stay open. The real hypocrisy is that performers, like the rich, do not have to follow the rules that the rest of us have to.

Joe Rogan has made it clear he does not agree with the passports. He has one of the most popular shows in the world, and his opinion matters. He is waking up a lot of people. Jim Brewer, while a great comedian also, does not have a platform like Rogan does. The only way Jim Brewers opinion was heard was because he cancelled. Joe Rogan would not have gained anything like Brewer did by cancelling.
He's a hypocrite because he says he doesn't support vaccine passports, then holds a show that requires them.

That's not at all "protecting freedom at all costs", like he's urging other people to do. It's protecting freedom until it hits him in his wallet, then it's caving to the guidelines he wants others to fight against.

His actions speak volumes... he supports having shows that require vaccine passports. Again, it's "do as I say, but not as I do."
So how exactly does him holding a show equate to him supporting the government mandate? Again, MSG has no choice but to follow the states mandate. Do people need to harm businesses that are merely following the law to be against a government mandate?

Your argument would only make sense if there wasn't a state mandate and MSG was doing this by choice, not necessity. The real hypocrisy is that performers are exempt, and that's not up to Joe Rogan.
Zedi
Board Meister
Posts: 578
Joined: Jul 9th, 2014, 9:51 pm

Re: Coronavirus/Variants/Vaccine/Masks

Post by Zedi »

Fancy wrote: Oct 13th, 2021, 11:24 am Wow - google Joe Rogan hypocrite sure shows up a multitude of sites.
Those a conspiracy sites
User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 59651
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Coronavirus/Variants/Vaccine/Masks

Post by Fancy »

I liked the fact that Rogan said “I’m not a respected source of information, even for me...."
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 59651
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Coronavirus/Variants/Vaccine/Masks

Post by Fancy »

Zedi wrote: Oct 13th, 2021, 11:33 am Those a conspiracy sites
Interesting you find New York Post and NBC conspiracy sites - good one.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Jonrox
Guru
Posts: 7152
Joined: Apr 14th, 2010, 2:09 pm

Re: Coronavirus/Variants/Vaccine/Masks

Post by Jonrox »

Fancy wrote: Oct 13th, 2021, 11:24 am Wow - google Joe Rogan hypocrite sure shows up a multitude of sites.
You want to see Roganites get riled up? Tell these supposed "freethinkers" who religiously follow him and treat his word as gospel that their "god" is a hypocrite. In their eyes he's an infallible deity who should be free from criticism and does no wrong. You could insult their mothers and they wouldn't get as offended as if you questioned something Rogan said.

It's almost cult-like.
User avatar
Ka-El
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 12745
Joined: Oct 18th, 2015, 9:19 am

Re: Care aides forced onto leave

Post by Ka-El »

Kelownamade wrote: If you want to get accurate data, Listen to the recent Joe Rogan Podcast. ...
This explains so much [icon_lol2.gif]
Stop hate: don't feed the alt-right troll
Jonrox
Guru
Posts: 7152
Joined: Apr 14th, 2010, 2:09 pm

Re: Joe Rogan is a hypocrite

Post by Jonrox »

Kel0wna wrote: Oct 13th, 2021, 11:32 am So how exactly does him holding a show equate to him supporting the government mandate? Again, MSG has no choice but to follow the states mandate. Do people need to harm businesses that are merely following the law to be against a government mandate?

Your argument would only make sense if there wasn't a state mandate and MSG was doing this by choice, not necessity. The real hypocrisy is that performers are exempt, and that's not up to Joe Rogan.
He says vaccine mandates are an attack on freedom. He then CHOOSES to hold a show that requires vaccine passports. He wasn't forced to do a show at MSG... he CHOSE to do a show that required vaccine passports. He did it because he wanted a pay day and doesn't actually believe the BS he wants others to follow.

He completely validated the government and venue implementing these rules by CHOOSING to do a show there. There are plenty of venues across the country he can perform at where passports aren't required, but he chose the one that does. He's a giant hypocrite.
Last edited by Jonrox on Oct 13th, 2021, 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 59651
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Coronavirus/Variants/Vaccine/Masks

Post by Fancy »

Jonrox wrote: Oct 13th, 2021, 11:35 am You want to see Roganites get riled up? Tell these supposed "freethinkers" who religiously follow him and treat his word as gospel that their "god" is a hypocrite. In their eyes he's an infallible deity who should be free from criticism and does no wrong. You could insult their mothers and they wouldn't get as offended as if you questioned something Rogan said.

It's almost cult-like.
It's very strange to put someone like him up on a pedestal so I would think almost cult-like. This guy has lied and has to take back what he's said and that's only a couple of times I've read on a quick google search. Feel sorry for those that think they should take his word over those in the medical community.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
AtlantisKelowna
Board Meister
Posts: 540
Joined: Feb 20th, 2019, 3:49 pm

Re: Care aides forced onto leave

Post by AtlantisKelowna »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Oct 13th, 2021, 10:32 am
AtlantisKelowna wrote: Oct 13th, 2021, 10:07 am

So why is it that we don't have to wear bulletproof vests at work? The chance of being murdered and the chance of a critical case of covid are almost the same?

Seems like a bit much to wear a vest doesn't it?
U.s. gun deaths per year: 40,000. That's about how many covid deaths in just the last month in the u.s. Which would be 80,000 over two years.
Deaths due to covid in less than two years: 732,000
Sorry, are we Canadians or Americans? 2 of 100,000 CANADIANS will be the victims of homicide while 2.5 of 100,000 Canadians will have a critical case of Covid. That's the stats our Canadian Government claims.

Just remember, much like you speak of the vaccine, just because they had covid when they died doesn't mean covid killed them.
AtlantisKelowna
Board Meister
Posts: 540
Joined: Feb 20th, 2019, 3:49 pm

Re: Care aides forced onto leave

Post by AtlantisKelowna »

Fancy wrote: Oct 13th, 2021, 6:15 am
Kelownamade wrote: Oct 12th, 2021, 6:51 pm
If you want to get accurate data, Listen to the recent Joe Rogan Podcast. ...
Why in the world would you listen to a comedian? He got covid and treated it with prednisone amongst other things.
Ya isn't it amazing that he's recovered and not dead. Must have just been lucky
User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 59651
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Care aides forced onto leave

Post by Fancy »

AtlantisKelowna wrote: Oct 13th, 2021, 11:46 am Ya isn't it amazing that he's recovered and not dead. Must have just been lucky
I wouldn't say it's amazing though I know of those that went the other way.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Silverstarqueen
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 18279
Joined: Jul 22nd, 2012, 8:02 pm

Re: Care aides forced onto leave

Post by Silverstarqueen »

AtlantisKelowna wrote: Oct 13th, 2021, 11:44 am
Silverstarqueen wrote: Oct 13th, 2021, 10:32 am
U.s. gun deaths per year: 40,000. That's about how many covid deaths in just the last month in the u.s. Which would be 80,000 over two years.
Deaths due to covid in less than two years: 732,000
Sorry, are we Canadians or Americans? 2 of 100,000 CANADIANS will be the victims of homicide while 2.5 of 100,000 Canadians will have a critical case of Covid. That's the stats our Canadian Government claims.

Just remember, much like you speak of the vaccine, just because they had covid when they died doesn't mean covid killed them.
Canada, 1300 gun deaths per year. which would be approx. 2600 over two years. Covid deaths 28,000 in less than two years. So wearing bullet proof vests would not save nearly as many lives, as could be saved with everyone vaccinated, in the almost two years we've had covid. Our covid deaths would have been much higher if we had not take the many precautions and measures already taken.
Just remember, by your logic, people who died from gun deaths, didn't actually die from a gun death, if they had other underlying conditions.
Last edited by Silverstarqueen on Oct 13th, 2021, 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonrox
Guru
Posts: 7152
Joined: Apr 14th, 2010, 2:09 pm

Re: Care aides forced onto leave

Post by Jonrox »

Ka-El wrote: Oct 13th, 2021, 11:36 am
Kelownamade wrote: If you want to get accurate data, Listen to the recent Joe Rogan Podcast. ...
This explains so much [icon_lol2.gif]
Even Joe Rogan says he's a bad source of information... yet his acolytes still bow down to him, believing he's infallible.
Wildly popular podcast host Joe Rogan admitted he’s a “f**king idiot” and “not a respected source of information, even for me” as he backpedaled on selfish comments he made earlier about young, healthy people not needing to get vaccinated from COVID-19.

On Thursday, Rogan clarified in a video shared on YouTube that he was “not an anti-vaxx person.”

“In fact, I said I believe they’re safe and I encourage many people to take them."

“I’m not a doctor, I’m a *bleep* idiot and I’m a cage fighting commentator who’s a dirty standup comedian who just told you I’m drunk most of the time and I do testosterone and I smoke a lot of weed. But I’m not a respected source of information, even for me,” he said.
AtlantisKelowna
Board Meister
Posts: 540
Joined: Feb 20th, 2019, 3:49 pm

Re: Care aides forced onto leave

Post by AtlantisKelowna »

Fancy wrote: Oct 13th, 2021, 11:51 am
AtlantisKelowna wrote: Oct 13th, 2021, 11:46 am Ya isn't it amazing that he's recovered and not dead. Must have just been lucky
I wouldn't say it's amazing though I know of those that went the other way.
The same can be said for the vaccine.
AtlantisKelowna
Board Meister
Posts: 540
Joined: Feb 20th, 2019, 3:49 pm

Re: Care aides forced onto leave

Post by AtlantisKelowna »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Oct 13th, 2021, 12:02 pm
AtlantisKelowna wrote: Oct 13th, 2021, 11:44 am

Sorry, are we Canadians or Americans? 2 of 100,000 CANADIANS will be the victims of homicide while 2.5 of 100,000 Canadians will have a critical case of Covid. That's the stats our Canadian Government claims.

Just remember, much like you speak of the vaccine, just because they had covid when they died doesn't mean covid killed them.
Canada, 1300 gun deaths per year. which would be approx. 2600 over two years. Covid deaths 28,000 in less than two years. So wearing bullet proof vests would not save nearly as many lives, as could be saved with everyone vaccinated, in the almost two years we've had covid. Our covid deaths would have been much higher if we had not take the many precautions and measures already taken.
You can look at the stats however you like but they are not gonna change.

Funny how the worst of covid came AFTER the vaccine but it's still blamed on the unvaccinated. We were all unvaxxed for over a year without the numbers we see post-vaccine.

Return to “Health”