Five Guys Burgers & Fries Permanently Closed.

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Boosted632
Banned

Re: Five Guys Burgers & Fries Permanently Closed.

Post by Boosted632 »

AtlantisKelowna wrote: Sep 27th, 2021, 8:32 am
Boosted632 wrote: Sep 25th, 2021, 9:24 am

Ya except ya need to sell a kidney so you can afford it

All the burgers are between 15-20 dollars? Just like the majority of sit-down restaurants in Kelowna. If it makes you feel any better they do give you free house-made chips to start lol
Ya wife and I went found it to be expensive but really nothing special gravy was crap iced tea was good lol
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY
twofingers
Board Meister

Post by twofingers »

Went into 5 G a few years back. My one and only visit. The staff had the music cranked up so loud that we could not carry on a conversation. I asked then to turn it down a bit. The guy behind the counter just shook his head and left it loud.
This is only one complaint, but I am sure there are more. These add up to, “Gee……I wonder where all the customers went?”
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

twofingers wrote: Sep 30th, 2021, 1:49 pm Went into 5 G a few years back. My one and only visit. The staff had the music cranked up so loud that we could not carry on a conversation. I asked then to turn it down a bit. The guy behind the counter just shook his head and left it loud.
This is only one complaint, but I am sure there are more. These add up to, “Gee……I wonder where all the customers went?”
I wear hearing aids and that makes it difficult for me in noisy places. We have walked out of more than 1 place because it's too noisy. Not just from music, sometimes just the whole atmosphere.

We ate there a few times and I don't remember it being too bad. Always enjoyed the burgers and fries
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

twofingers wrote: Sep 30th, 2021, 1:49 pm Went into 5 G a few years back. My one and only visit. The staff had the music cranked up so loud that we could not carry on a conversation. I asked then to turn it down a bit. The guy behind the counter just shook his head and left it loud.
How dare you say that! Business owners need to be insulated on the reasons why they are incompetent. They hire people at low wages, which means low tax income - and terrible service. And that is Jesus-like.
drex1999
Board Meister

Post by drex1999 »

I got surprised today when I swung into 5 Guys to an empty shell. Hope they move it to Kelowna!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

drex1999 wrote: Oct 11th, 2021, 3:20 pm I got surprised today when I swung into 5 Guys to an empty shell. Hope they move it to Kelowna!
According to their site you will need to travel to Surrey for their closest outlet.
https://www.fiveguys.ca/
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
drex1999
Board Meister

Post by drex1999 »

The lady in the Dollar store across from them told me they did not renew their lease. That puts them moving to a different spot as a possibility, just like Swiss Chalet did when they were unhappy with their location. Time will tell. I came looking for this thread because someone in the area knows the answer.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

drex1999 wrote: Oct 11th, 2021, 8:00 pm The lady in the Dollar store across from them told me they did not renew their lease. That puts them moving to a different spot as a possibility, just like Swiss Chalet did when they were unhappy with their location. Time will tell. I came looking for this thread because someone in the area knows the answer.
Knowing there West Kelowna location has been removed from their site and no indication of a new location mentioned, good luck finding out.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

drex1999 wrote: Oct 11th, 2021, 8:00 pm The lady in the Dollar store across from them told me they did not renew their lease. That puts them moving to a different spot as a possibility, just like Swiss Chalet did when they were unhappy with their location. Time will tell. I came looking for this thread because someone in the area knows the answer.
Usually if a Business is going to move they will put up a sign on their old building.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Bsuds wrote: Oct 12th, 2021, 8:41 am
Usually if a Business is going to move they will put up a sign on their old building.
:up:

Exactly, and there was no message on their door, other than to say they were permanently closed.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Urban Cowboy wrote: Oct 13th, 2021, 11:34 am
Bsuds wrote: Oct 12th, 2021, 8:41 am

:up:

Exactly, and there was no message on their door, other than to say they were permanently closed.
I sent a message to their HO yesterday but have not received a reply yet.
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

Why exactly is everyone lamenting a franchise burger joint? They are a dime a dozen. If I crave a good burger I'll either go to Wendy's or Red Robins.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Who cares where you go?

Many people liked Five Guys, and the point of the thread was to inform them, so since you clearly aren't one of those, move along.

Oh and FWIW I don't care for Wendy's or Red Robin, as long as A&W and Montana's is around, so there is that.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Oct 13th, 2021, 12:21 pm Why exactly is everyone lamenting a franchise burger joint? They are a dime a dozen. If I crave a good burger I'll either go to Wendy's or Red Robins.
Because those two choices of yours are far down the list of GOOD hamburgers.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

^^^ gotta agree.
Still enjoying the one at Creekside... Red Robin , meh, used to like it now might as well do A&W
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”