Unvaccinated Kyrie Irving set to lose out on $15.5M

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Jonrox

Unvaccinated Kyrie Irving set to lose out on $15.5M

Post by Jonrox »

Due to being unvaccinated, Kyrie Irving will not be allowed to play home games in Brooklyn and will not be paid for those games as per the NBA-NBAPA agreement regarding the following of local Covid guidelines. In total he'll miss out on around $15.5 million.

Because the league agreement would allow him to play away games, but the team has decided not to let him practice or play, he'll still be paid for the away games the team keeps him out of.

I'll give him full credit though... he's not making the media rounds complaining about the rules. He knew there would be consequences for his decision and is accepting them. As foolish as I think his decision is, I fully respect it and the way he's handling it.

https://netswire.usatoday.com/2021/10/1 ... d-vaccine/
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Unvaccinated Kyrie Irving set to lose out on $15.5M

Post by Bsuds »

Must be nice to be able to throw away that kind of money.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
firsttimecaller
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by firsttimecaller »

Full credit to Kyrie for sticking to his guns. That's a lot of cabbage to leave on the table.

However Kyrie already has made more money than he could possibly spend in a lifetime, unless of course he pulls an Alan Iverson.

Kyrie Irving is not Joe Average making $100k a year though. If he was there would be very little chance he (or most people) could afford to take that kind of a major haircut on his income.

Must be nice to be able to take a stance and still be able to pay the bills.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Or, if he was living in the real (financial) world like the rest of us, he would do what it takes to keep himself afloat financially like get a tiny vaccine.
DoubleB12
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by DoubleB12 »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Oct 13th, 2021, 6:32 am Or, if he was living in the real (financial) world like the rest of us, he would do what it takes to keep himself afloat financially like get a tiny vaccine.
But he isn't and as you know the vaccine is a personal choice not a mandate!!
spooker

Post by spooker »

DoubleB12 wrote: Oct 13th, 2021, 1:21 pm
Silverstarqueen wrote: Oct 13th, 2021, 6:32 am Or, if he was living in the real (financial) world like the rest of us, he would do what it takes to keep himself afloat financially like get a tiny vaccine.
Certainly seems like the vaccine is mandated by the industry he is part of ...

But I think this article covers it well: https://www.mediaite.com/sports/kyrie-i ... l-and-sht/

The twitter threads are hilarious ...
DoubleB12
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by DoubleB12 »

spooker wrote: Oct 13th, 2021, 1:44 pm
DoubleB12 wrote: Oct 13th, 2021, 1:21 pm

Certainly seems like the vaccine is mandated by the industry he is part of ...

But I think this article covers it well: https://www.mediaite.com/sports/kyrie-i ... l-and-sht/

The twitter threads are hilarious ...
Well if your a sports fan, and basketball in particular, Kyrie has been well known as a bit of a loose cannon and not much of a team player. He is trying to make a stance, willing to forgo millions of $$$, but as with any sort of protest IMO it wont make any difference at all. I have no problem with pro athlete's making the $$ they make...good for them. That being said I also have no problem with him losing all that $$ for making a choice that wont cause or create any change regarding his "cause".
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Research the two Edmonton Oilers players who now have myocarditis from the vax .. OR the 17 year old kid who got the vax just so he was allowed to play hockey , then DIED from it ..

I don't have a sniff of Kyrie's money but still think it's not worth taking the chance of getting a "tiny" vaccine ..

Kudo's to him for standing his ground .. He must have went to a better school than UVic AND aspired to more than just track and field
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

The plot thickens.
Report: Nets won't offer Kyrie Irving $186M extension amid COVID-19 vaccine saga

A day after the Brooklyn Nets announced that Kyrie Irving won't play in any games as long as he's in violation of New York City's vaccine requirement, The Athletic's Shams Charania reports that the team won't offer him a $186 million contract extension that he's eligible to sign.

Charania reported the Nets stance on "The Glue Guys" podcast on Wednesday.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-s ... uxbndlbing
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Muzza
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Muzza »

MAPearce wrote: Oct 13th, 2021, 5:31 pm
Research the two Edmonton Oilers players who now have myocarditis from the vax .. OR the 17 year old kid who got the vax just so he was allowed to play hockey , then DIED from it ..

I don't have a sniff of Kyrie's money but still think it's not worth taking the chance of getting a "tiny" vaccine ..

Kudo's to him for standing his ground .. He must have went to a better school than UVic AND aspired to more than just track and field
The article I read said the oiler players got it from COVID, not the vax.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Muzza wrote: Oct 13th, 2021, 6:32 pm

Can you link it ?
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

MAPearce wrote: Oct 13th, 2021, 6:41 pm
Muzza wrote: Oct 13th, 2021, 6:32 pm

Can you link it ?
Can you?
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/oilers-arch ... -1.5610976

Please stop being such a *bleep*. Oh, and misinformed. Oh, and gullible.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

mexi cali wrote: Oct 13th, 2021, 7:26 pm

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/oilers-arch ... -1.5610976

Please stop being such a *bleep*. Oh, and misinformed. Oh, and gullible.
Thanks for the info ??? Not what I read ?
Kelownamade
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Kelownamade »

a tiny vaccine.... are you suggesting that the volume of a vaccine is relevant to the damage it can cause? 7 in 10 who died with covid were fully vaccinated in the UK. I would be $200 000 that the vaccine is more damaging then good and that by the end of 2021 it will be complete chaos and everyone will know the vaccines are poison.

Return to “Health”