What is internet dating like for women.

A potpourri of off-topics.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: What is internet dating like for women.

Post by stuphoto »

Thank you,

Having a population of around 800 people, everyone has a good idea who is married and single, they just don't know who is looking.

I would really hate having only men or women show up, unless that is what they want.
Plus I wouldn't want too great of an age difference between everyone.
So I think I will have to regulate a it somehow.

I am almost thinking of 2 hats.
One for the men and one for the women.
With a couple questions to help sort it out.
MCB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by MCB »

Oh man, I tried internet dating like....7 years ago? I had some chick with bright pink hair (The pinkest of pink!) send me a message along the lines of "You look like a pretty hot dude...lose the beard!"

So I wrote her back "Maybe I'll dye it pink!"

aaaaaand that was the end of that conversation lol! [icon_lol2.gif] :130:
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

oldtrucker wrote: Oct 12th, 2021, 4:23 pm or people will think you are weird.
The politically correct term is Unique now, and I got that part nailed :biggrin: [icon_lol2.gif]
Don't forget, I am an artist whom can also drive.

They judge people differently here and love me for being myself.
I was their second driver choice. The first one was Too Normal and didn't work out because of it.

Good advice thought.
I do have a lady volunteer, already. Although she isn't single, so I don't know how that will work.
She really wants to see my other friend find someone.
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

I tried online dating. Nightmare pics and comments.
I’m a little old fashioned. Wonderful personality and has my *bleep* together. But I can’t find a nice, sincere man who wants to enjoy the simple things in life. Camping. Fishing. Relaxing. Someone with morals and ethics. Sigh.
spooker

Post by spooker »

The_quiet_one wrote: Oct 14th, 2021, 12:28 pm I tried online dating. Nightmare pics and comments.
I’m a little old fashioned. Wonderful personality and has my *bleep* together. But I can’t find a nice, sincere man who wants to enjoy the simple things in life. Camping. Fishing. Relaxing. Someone with morals and ethics. Sigh.
Nope ... we don't exist ... sorry
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

spooker wrote: Oct 14th, 2021, 12:37 pm
The_quiet_one wrote: Oct 14th, 2021, 12:28 pm I tried online dating. Nightmare pics and comments.
Nope ... we don't exist ... sorry
I think they are out there. It’s hard to find. I think deep down I want to believe that falling in love exists. It can happen. I’d like the opportunity to meet someone 😊
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

The_quiet_one wrote: Oct 14th, 2021, 12:28 pm But I can’t find a nice, sincere man who wants to enjoy the simple things in life. Camping. Fishing. Relaxing. Someone with morals and ethics. Sigh.
The good ones are already taken.
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
spooker

Post by spooker »

The_quiet_one wrote: Oct 14th, 2021, 1:25 pm I think they are out there. It’s hard to find. I think deep down I want to believe that falling in love exists. It can happen. I’d like the opportunity to meet someone 😊
It'd be nice if Hollywood was honest about relationships ... there are good guys out there but most of the time not on online dating sites ... I met my wife on POF but boy did we win the relationship lottery after that debacle ... I don't think I'd go back there ... and while guys are literal richards to the women on many sites like that it's not easy for the good guys either ...
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

oldtrucker wrote: Oct 14th, 2021, 1:58 pm
Trying to read into this a bit... old fashioned and simple things, relaxing....are you retired?
Yes. I retired early. I’m 53.
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

I want kindness. I want softness. And crazy silly fun, and adventure. I’m … different than most people. I do my own thing and am not one to care about keeping up with the Jones. Life is so short, I want to keep working on my bucket list.
I confident and comfortable to be on my own, but I really would like to know what it feels like to be loved by someone.
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

oldtrucker wrote: Oct 14th, 2021, 3:23 pm
The_quiet_one wrote: Oct 14th, 2021, 2:54 pm Yes. I retired early. I’m 53.
I don't know if you are female, male or something in between...either way, don't lose your money for' love' and find out it wasn't really love, rather the love of your money. :smt045
I’m female. I’ve had men ask about money. My home. My vehicle. I tell them it’s really inappropriate.
My life is damn near perfect. I’m comfortable in my little home. It’s just hard to find a nice gentleman that cares about me. Not what I have. The simple life. 😊
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

oldtrucker wrote: Oct 14th, 2021, 3:23 pm
The_quiet_one wrote: Oct 14th, 2021, 2:54 pm Yes. I retired early. I’m 53.
I don't know if you are female, male or something in between...either way, don't lose your money for' love' and find out it wasn't really love, rather the love of your money. :smt045
Like cooking together
Dancing in the kitchen
A drive and picnic up on the mountains
A skinny dip in a secluded lake
Hee hee 😁
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

True. I can understand that. My kids are grown up living on their own, and I’ve moved on to taking care of me. I would like equal, per sae. I have no interest in a man that flaunts money and his toys. I have no interest in diamonds and jewelry. It’s not me. I covet kindness. Warmth. Seperate homes, lol. Someone who knows at the age of 53, women do not have the body of a 20 year old. Someone who sees my scars and asks me to tell me about them. Someone who can exist beside me. Not in front, not behind. Good sense of humour. A need for appreciation of what is truly important in life. Internet dating … people want instant gratification with beautiful women half their age. I could talk forever … lol
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

oldtrucker wrote: Oct 14th, 2021, 4:36 pm
The_quiet_one wrote: Oct 14th, 2021, 4:20 pm True. I can understand that. My kids are grown up living on their own, and I’ve moved on to taking care of me. I would like equal, per sae. I have no interest in a man that flaunts money and his toys. I have no interest in diamonds and jewelry. It’s not me. I covet kindness. Warmth. Seperate homes, lol. Someone who knows at the age of 53, women do not have the body of a 20 year old. Someone who sees my scars and asks me to tell me about them. Someone who can exist beside me. Not in front, not behind. Good sense of humour. A need for appreciation of what is truly important in life. Internet dating … people want instant gratification with beautiful women half their age. I could talk forever … lol
Don't be surprised to see a few PM's from multiple interested parties coming your way after saying that. You probably just said more in that last post that would attract quality men your way than any online dating ad.
I think I’m pretty reasonable in my requests. I think someone out there would look at me and my personality, which is fun and loving and a little spontaneous and crazy, lol, and say, she’s ok 👍😊
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

The_quiet_one wrote: Oct 14th, 2021, 4:20 pm True. I can understand that. My kids are grown up living on their own, and I’ve moved on to taking care of me. I would like equal, per sae. I have no interest in a man that flaunts money and his toys. I have no interest in diamonds and jewelry. It’s not me. I covet kindness. Warmth. Seperate homes, lol. Someone who knows at the age of 53, women do not have the body of a 20 year old. Someone who sees my scars and asks me to tell me about them. Someone who can exist beside me. Not in front, not behind. Good sense of humour. A need for appreciation of what is truly important in life. Internet dating … people want instant gratification with beautiful women half their age. I could talk forever … lol
To me you almost sound like a dream.
If you are up for a coffee, whenever I return to the Okanagan I would love to meet you. It probably won't be for about a month.
Sorry Old Trucker is ahead of you.

I am 52, however to be honest I doubt I am your type.
Not that I am a bad guy.
I have a rather warped sense of humor, accept people for whom they are.
However I don't exactly blend in beside anyone.
Like you may have figured out, I do drive bus and meet thousands of people a year.
Most of them seem to remember me,and and I am often recognized and have people coming over to chat or even just shouting out Hi Stu from across the parking lot.
It can be fun at times however if you want some alone time with me it could quickly become annoying.

Return to “Grab Bag”