More Liberal tyranny

southy
Lord of the Board

Re: More Liberal tyranny

Post by southy »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Oct 21st, 2021, 10:03 am
bob vernon wrote: Oct 21st, 2021, 10:03 am

Conservatives want choice for MPs. They've got a choice. Get vaccinated or stay out of the building.
Should that no apply to all MP's. Why the fascination/fixation with only one party?
I do believe you just answered your own question :biggrin: .
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Hurtlander wrote: Oct 20th, 2021, 5:22 pm
bb49 wrote: Oct 20th, 2021, 3:50 pm Somewhere there's a post, here or maybe CBC listing all the government agencies as well as Crown Corporations that will not require mandatory vaccinations.
There were more employees on that list than were on the required list.

Sure wish someone could find it.
Right here..

viewtopic.php?p=2899550#p2899550
Thanks Hurt...

So here are some of the exempted,
“Exempted employees include (federal) call centre operators, federal judges, meat inspectors, park wardens, postal workers, tax auditors, Commons and Senate staff,” and members of the armed forces.

Not sure why they're so special.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Oct 20th, 2021, 7:21 pm Mask mandates are a sound doctrine used around the globe. How can a rational mandate be called tyranny?
I believe this particular story is about the tyranny of mandating vaccines.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

bb49 wrote: Oct 21st, 2021, 11:40 amI believe this particular story is about the tyranny of mandating vaccines.
That's one way to put it. Others might suggest they story poses a moral question of whether or not individual liberty should over rule the good of the whole.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

bb49 wrote: Oct 21st, 2021, 11:38 am
Hurtlander wrote: Oct 20th, 2021, 5:22 pm

Right here..

viewtopic.php?p=2899550#p2899550
Thanks Hurt...

So here are some of the exempted,
“Exempted employees include (federal) call centre operators, federal judges, meat inspectors, park wardens, postal workers, tax auditors, Commons and Senate staff,” and members of the armed forces.

Not sure why they're so special.

This is more of an example of the right wing falling for anything they read in their Sun tabloids, than an example of Liberal tyranny.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

Hurtlander wrote: Oct 21st, 2021, 8:41 am ETA: MRNA injects a spike protein into your system which is supposed to cling onto the virus cell, and remove the virus cell from your system, unfortunately MRNA vaccines are still in the experimental stage and is proving to not be very effective after six months.
You've almost got it right. The mRNA instructs our cells to create the spike protein that's found on the surface of the COVID-19 virus, which attaches to our own cells and spurs an immune response that goes on file with our immune systems so that if we get COVID, our body recognises and attacks it. The same response as with traditional vaccines, but without injecting the actual disease into us.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... /mrna.html
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

*removed*
Attachments
clap.gif
Last edited by ferri on Oct 21st, 2021, 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Catri wrote: Oct 21st, 2021, 1:14 pm
Hurtlander wrote: Oct 21st, 2021, 8:41 am ETA: MRNA injects a spike protein into your system which is supposed to cling onto the virus cell, and remove the virus cell from your system, unfortunately MRNA vaccines are still in the experimental stage and is proving to not be very effective after six months.
You've almost got it right. The mRNA instructs our cells to create the spike protein that's found on the surface of the COVID-19 virus, which attaches to our own cells and spurs an immune response that goes on file with our immune systems so that if we get COVID, our body recognises and attacks it. The same response as with traditional vaccines, but without injecting the actual disease into us.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... /mrna.html
Okay, thanks for the information. It’s just too bad that the mRNA vaccine, even after two shots, isn’t all that effective after six months, it’s going to be a royal pain in the posterior if a booster is needed every six months for the rest of our lives.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

It's interesting. I know someone who runs a daycare. They've been shut down a couple times because they had 3 covid cases at once, but not for a long time even though far more kids are sick now. This is because the parents are getting tested and testing positive, but they aren't getting their kids tested, so daycare can't treat the situation as a covid case even though everyone in the family that was tested was determined to be sick with Covid.

Also, they aren't allowed to tell the other parents which kid had covid or was the "potential exposure."
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
sixxonesixx
Fledgling

Post by sixxonesixx »

Well Trudy Castro is finally moving toward the ultimate goal of dictatorship. Never wanted the vaccine but finally said "OK". Whatever let's move on. Then a vax card to eat at restaurants or go to the gym. Now I don't support restaurants and work out at home. Now... Trudy dictated to make my life even more difficult. Been pretty passive on everything but now it's getting out of hand.Give me the virus already. This is not living so I'm willing to not take any more vaccines until Trudy is gone. Father Fidel would be proud to know that communistic values are valued by his family members. If Trudy is pushing me to revolt, he's succeeding. Long live the Toole!
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

:135:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

It sure doesn't take much pressure from society to make some self-entitled people snap.
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

Obviously Trudy's tyranny is spreading to the wedding sector. We're now stopping selfish inbreds from getting their deposits back.

White trailer trash is paying dearly. Who is next?

All posts 100% moderator approved!
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politic ... makes-the/

"Trying to defend the rights of unvaccinated MPs only makes the Conservative Party look stupid"

The Conservative Party of Canada is in danger of becoming the stupid party.

Many Conservative MPs refuse to declare whether they have been vaccinated against COVID-19. Mark Strahl of Chilliwack-Hope in British Columbia, tweeted that vaccine mandates are “discriminatory, coercive and must be opposed.” There may be some Conservative MPs who have not been vaccinated at all."

Ibbitson is wrong there as the CPC is already "the party of stupid". The CPC has shifted to deliberate stupidity as part for their identity for a looong time. For some CPC MPs, it isn't because they themselves are stupid, but because stupid works for them as part of their political opportunism.

And yes, the CPC ongoing rejection of rational thought and a priori reasoning is endemic within the CPC to the point of being expected. Most of them ain't ignorant, but they constantly play the role of stupid. Maybe a few, like Derek Sloan, are actually stupid.

And yup, the Strahl family dynasty in Chilliwack is built on opportunist deliberate stupidity and undemocratic back room games. https://web.archive.org/web/20141213233 ... c601c8be60 Now THAT is a real example of undemocratic tyranny!

The reflexively stupid arguments that CPC MPs like Richards and Strahl are trotting out simply guarantee that the CPC has no hope of doing anything but shrink.

The "tyranny" here is not a Liberal one, it is a CPC one that requires that CPC MPs play the roles of "I'm stupid" and "I'm with stupid" to navigate the undemocratic back room games of the CPC.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

crookedmember wrote: Oct 22nd, 2021, 9:17 am Obviously Trudy's tyranny is spreading to the wedding sector. We're now stopping selfish inbreds from getting their deposits back.

White trailer trash is paying dearly. Who is next?

If only there was a solution like getting the vaccine.....oh wait.

Dumb people are amazing, how do you not understand that non refundable deposits are NON REFUNDABLE. I 100% agree with people choosing to not get the shot, and I 110% agree with places telling them to F-off when they don't. Choices have consequences. Deal with it.

Return to “Canada”