Vax Mandate

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Silverstarqueen
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 20740
Joined: Jul 22nd, 2012, 8:02 pm

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by Silverstarqueen »

I Think wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 7:19 am Why is it that so many anti vaxxers are right wingers?.
I think it's because they are listening to certain right-wing sources of misinformation (understatement). There are a relatively few sources for the Anti-vax propaganda, (this has been researched in online media) and then the mis-information just spreads from there. Some contribution from certain right=wing TV channels as well.
Right-wing influencers decided some time ago that Anti-vax was going to be their project and part of their platform, and made a medical issue into a political issue. Unfortunately a lot of people who were not necessarily right wingers also got sucked up in the process and were influenced by the misinformation. So yes, there can still be lefties who have drunk the koolaid, done their "research", but unfortunately didn't listen to the Public health officials and scientists with more solid information.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 10439
Joined: May 29th, 2008, 6:12 pm

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by I Think »

DoubleB12 wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 7:41 am
I Think wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 7:24 am It is saddening that restaurant and other staff have to act as vaccination police, but that is the fault of the anti vaxxers.
We all have had to toughen up to get the country through this difficult time, it is past time for the anti vaxxers to toughen up and get the shots.
It's actually well past the time now in BC, we have an 85% double dose rate we should be living in this province restriction free!!
Yep, the anti vaxxers are keeping us from being able to open up the country.
We're lost but we're making good time.
Silverstarqueen
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 20740
Joined: Jul 22nd, 2012, 8:02 pm

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by Silverstarqueen »

W105 wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 7:37 am people can claim EI for stress leave and I hope anybody who gets fired for not getting vaxxed applies for it for that reason...
I think the stress has to be experienced before they are fired, and not a result of being fired.
Can someone be seriously stressed just not taking a vaccine? Is that a work related stress?
If just being generally stressed qualifies, then probably 80% of workers could quit and claim that, since many many workers have been stressed thru out the whole pandemic. In my daily dealings with workers in the community, I often thank them for just being on the job thru it all.
Last edited by Silverstarqueen on Oct 23rd, 2021, 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
W105
Guru
Posts: 7844
Joined: Apr 20th, 2012, 8:46 am

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by W105 »

I Think wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 7:24 am It is saddening that restaurant and other staff have to act as vaccination police, but that is the fault of the anti vaxxers.
We all have had to toughen up to get the country through this difficult time, it is past time for the anti vaxxers to toughen up and get the shots.

^^ no, that is the fault of the Government....if a business wants to cater to unvaxxed people, just like grocery , liquor , pot stores, hardware stores are allowed to...then why can't the food service industry have that option too ??

why did eating in a restaurant become so dangerous ?? and please do not reply with usual, oh but there's a higher transmission rate in a restaurant than in a grocery store that has thousands of people in it daily and has longer opening hrs than a restaurant does cause that sounds as dumb as it can get..
User avatar
Thinktank
Guru
Posts: 8415
Joined: Nov 5th, 2010, 6:21 am

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by Thinktank »

Glacier wrote: Oct 22nd, 2021, 10:26 am Get vaxxed or you're not eligible for welfare?

Note: I don't agree with that sentiment, but several friends have said to me that this should be the case.
What kind of friends you got?

Take money away from Canada's poorest people so they starve, and give it to who? Moderna?

That's a disgusting idea.
Please, Please, Please get one, two, three, four, and maybe five doses of the quickly developed most fanatically promoted dirt cheap $1.00 thing in human history - the DREADED COVID VACCINE! "It's Just Like a Drivers License"
W105
Guru
Posts: 7844
Joined: Apr 20th, 2012, 8:46 am

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by W105 »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 7:45 am
W105 wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 7:37 am people can claim EI for stress leave and I hope anybody who gets fired for not getting vaxxed applies for it for that reason...
I think the stress has to be experienced before they are fired, and not a result of being fired.
Can someone be seriously stressed just not taking a vaccine? Is that a work related stress?
If just being generally stressed qualifies, then probably 80% of workers could quit and claim that, since many many workers have been stressed thru out the whole pandemic.
^^ oh really ?? losing your job because you prefer not to get the vaccine isn't stressful ?? but I guess that might be easy to say if your retired
monilynno
Fledgling
Posts: 323
Joined: Jan 9th, 2014, 8:26 am

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by monilynno »

Pointless poll on Castanet asks if EI should be denied to those who can not be coerced into taking the jab so they can keep their job. Well this is settled law by the Supreme Court of Canada. EI is insurance that workers are forced into paying, the courts have determined that it is insurance and hence people have the right to the expectation to collect on that insurance when needed. Sorry but you will not be starving people into taking these experimental shots.
Last edited by monilynno on Oct 23rd, 2021, 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silverstarqueen
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 20740
Joined: Jul 22nd, 2012, 8:02 pm

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by Silverstarqueen »

I Think wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 7:24 am It is saddening that restaurant and other staff have to act as vaccination police, but that is the fault of the anti vaxxers.
We all have had to toughen up to get the country through this difficult time, it is past time for the anti vaxxers to toughen up and get the shots.
Ooo, ouch, no. We can't blame the anti-vaxxers for being anti-vax. The government made them do it.
Well, someone made them do it, maybe you made them do it. So be nice to them, and let them do it their way, because they get to have their opinion, but no one else can be opposed.
Silverstarqueen
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 20740
Joined: Jul 22nd, 2012, 8:02 pm

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by Silverstarqueen »

monilynno wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 7:51 am Pointless poll on Castanet asks if EI should be denied to those who can not be coerced into taking the jab so they can keep their job. Well this is settled law by the Supreme Court of Canada. EI is insurance that workers are forced into paying, the courts have determined that it is insurance and hence people have the right to the expectation to collect on that insurance when needed. Sorry but you will not be starving people into taking these experimental shots.
Insurance doesn't pay out just because it's needed.
There are requirements to be met, besides just paying into it.
Example, you might kill your spouse who is supporting you. Clearly you need their life insurance at that point, but you might not be entitled to it because you caused the death.
Car insurance might not pay out if you blatantly break the law and smash up your car. Clearly you need the money, but you might not be able to collect, because you deliberately precipitated the smash up (i.e. it wasn't an "accident").
If you set your house on fire deliberately, you might not be able to collect, because it was not "thru no fault of your own", you could have easily avoided it. clearly you still need the money to rebuild tho.
So if you lose your job thru no fault of your own, you apply for EI. But if you deliberately refused a reasonable request by your employer, such as getting a vaccine during a pandemic, you might not be able to collect. The situation was easily avoidable. If you have a medical exemption,and employer will not accomodate, you might have some grounds to get EI. And no, just being afraid of a vaccine is not an acceptable reason why you can't get it.
Last edited by Silverstarqueen on Oct 23rd, 2021, 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Alien Head Dude
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 14781
Joined: Oct 18th, 2015, 9:19 am

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by Alien Head Dude »

W105 wrote: people can claim EI for stress leave and I hope anybody who gets fired for not getting vaxxed applies for it for that reason...
Good luck getting an actual real doctor to sign off on that one. You don't just get to decide you need time off work for "stress". If you want to go on medical EI you will require an examination done by a real doctor, the completion of medical documents signed off by the examining physician and a return to work plan (so, when are you going to get your shot?)
Miss Maggie
Fledgling
Posts: 125
Joined: Nov 13th, 2019, 7:22 am

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by Miss Maggie »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 7:45 am
W105 wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 7:37 am people can claim EI for stress leave and I hope anybody who gets fired for not getting vaxxed applies for it for that reason...
I think the stress has to be experienced before they are fired, and not a result of being fired.
Can someone be seriously stressed just not taking a vaccine? Is that a work related stress?
If just being generally stressed qualifies, then probably 80% of workers could quit and claim that, since many many workers have been stressed thru out the whole pandemic. In my daily dealings with workers in the community, I often thank them for just being on the job thru it all.
Its the employer that files the ROE and the employee files for EI based on that. If the employee disagrees with the “Reason for Leaving” on the ROE, then a review could change entitlement to EI. Example, an employer could put that the employee Quit (EI not eligible) but the employee could provide evidence of harassment or bullying or other valid reasons to quit and then get EI.

The federal government is telling employers how to complete the ROE when employee refuses to get vaccinated and can’t be otherwise accommodated at the workplace so not likely they’ll get EI, even if they later claim they are too stressed to work. Thats a good one though!
I Think
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 10439
Joined: May 29th, 2008, 6:12 pm

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by I Think »

This is being reported on The Hill, and other news sites:

Austrian Chancellor Alexander Schallenberg says he is considering imposing a lockdown on people who are not vaccinated against the coronavirus if case numbers continue to rise, The Associated Press reported.

Good to see that some politicians understand the problem and can be creative about how to fix it.
We're lost but we're making good time.
monilynno
Fledgling
Posts: 323
Joined: Jan 9th, 2014, 8:26 am

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by monilynno »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 7:58 am
monilynno wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 7:51 am Pointless poll on Castanet asks if EI should be denied to those who can not be coerced into taking the jab so they can keep their job. Well this is settled law by the Supreme Court of Canada. EI is insurance that workers are forced into paying, the courts have determined that it is insurance and hence people have the right to the expectation to collect on that insurance when needed. Sorry but you will not be starving people into taking these experimental shots.
Insurance doesn't pay out just because it's needed.
There are requirements to be met, besides just paying into it.
Example, you might kill your spouse who is supporting you. Clearly you need their life insurance at that point, but you might not be entitled to it because you caused the death.
Car insurance might not pay out if you blatantly break the law and smash up your car. Clearly you need the money, but you might not be able to collect, because you deliberately precipitated the smash up (i.e. it wasn't an "accident").
If you set your house on fire deliberately, you might not be able to collect, because it was not "thru no fault of your own", you could have easily avoided it. clearly you still need the money to rebuild tho.
So if you lose your job thru no fault of your own, you apply for EI. But if you deliberately refused a reasonable request by your employer, such as getting a vaccine during a pandemic, you might not be able to collect. The situation was easily avoidable. If you have a medical exemption,and employer will not accomodate, you might have some grounds to get EI. And no, just being afraid of a vaccine is not an acceptable reason why you can't get it.
You missed the part where it's already settled law in Canada, your attempts to convolute the issue with a bunch of "What if's is meaning less.
User avatar
Alien Head Dude
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 14781
Joined: Oct 18th, 2015, 9:19 am

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by Alien Head Dude »

monilynno wrote: You missed the part where it's already settled law in Canada, your attempts at convolute the issue with a bunch of "What if's is meaning less.
Would love to see the link to any Court's decision that you are entitled to an insurance payout after not meeting policy requirements (the "what ifs").
User avatar
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet
Posts: 28217
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by the truth »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 23rd, 2021, 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Health”