Vax Mandate

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
W105
Guru

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by W105 »

I Think wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 7:24 am It is saddening that restaurant and other staff have to act as vaccination police, but that is the fault of the anti vaxxers.
We all have had to toughen up to get the country through this difficult time, it is past time for the anti vaxxers to toughen up and get the shots.

^^ no, that is the fault of the Government....if a business wants to cater to unvaxxed people, just like grocery , liquor , pot stores, hardware stores are allowed to...then why can't the food service industry have that option too ??

why did eating in a restaurant become so dangerous ?? and please do not reply with usual, oh but there's a higher transmission rate in a restaurant than in a grocery store that has thousands of people in it daily and has longer opening hrs than a restaurant does cause that sounds as dumb as it can get..
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Glacier wrote: Oct 22nd, 2021, 10:26 am Get vaxxed or you're not eligible for welfare?

Note: I don't agree with that sentiment, but several friends have said to me that this should be the case.
What kind of friends you got?

Take money away from Canada's poorest people so they starve, and give it to who? Moderna?

That's a disgusting idea.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 7:45 am
W105 wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 7:37 am people can claim EI for stress leave and I hope anybody who gets fired for not getting vaxxed applies for it for that reason...
I think the stress has to be experienced before they are fired, and not a result of being fired.
Can someone be seriously stressed just not taking a vaccine? Is that a work related stress?
If just being generally stressed qualifies, then probably 80% of workers could quit and claim that, since many many workers have been stressed thru out the whole pandemic.
^^ oh really ?? losing your job because you prefer not to get the vaccine isn't stressful ?? but I guess that might be easy to say if your retired
monilynno
Board Meister

Post by monilynno »

Pointless poll on Castanet asks if EI should be denied to those who can not be coerced into taking the jab so they can keep their job. Well this is settled law by the Supreme Court of Canada. EI is insurance that workers are forced into paying, the courts have determined that it is insurance and hence people have the right to the expectation to collect on that insurance when needed. Sorry but you will not be starving people into taking these experimental shots.
Last edited by monilynno on Oct 23rd, 2021, 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

I Think wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 7:24 am It is saddening that restaurant and other staff have to act as vaccination police, but that is the fault of the anti vaxxers.
We all have had to toughen up to get the country through this difficult time, it is past time for the anti vaxxers to toughen up and get the shots.
Ooo, ouch, no. We can't blame the anti-vaxxers for being anti-vax. The government made them do it.
Well, someone made them do it, maybe you made them do it. So be nice to them, and let them do it their way, because they get to have their opinion, but no one else can be opposed.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

monilynno wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 7:51 am Pointless poll on Castanet asks if EI should be denied to those who can not be coerced into taking the jab so they can keep their job. Well this is settled law by the Supreme Court of Canada. EI is insurance that workers are forced into paying, the courts have determined that it is insurance and hence people have the right to the expectation to collect on that insurance when needed. Sorry but you will not be starving people into taking these experimental shots.
Insurance doesn't pay out just because it's needed.
There are requirements to be met, besides just paying into it.
Example, you might kill your spouse who is supporting you. Clearly you need their life insurance at that point, but you might not be entitled to it because you caused the death.
Car insurance might not pay out if you blatantly break the law and smash up your car. Clearly you need the money, but you might not be able to collect, because you deliberately precipitated the smash up (i.e. it wasn't an "accident").
If you set your house on fire deliberately, you might not be able to collect, because it was not "thru no fault of your own", you could have easily avoided it. clearly you still need the money to rebuild tho.
So if you lose your job thru no fault of your own, you apply for EI. But if you deliberately refused a reasonable request by your employer, such as getting a vaccine during a pandemic, you might not be able to collect. The situation was easily avoidable. If you have a medical exemption,and employer will not accomodate, you might have some grounds to get EI. And no, just being afraid of a vaccine is not an acceptable reason why you can't get it.
Last edited by Silverstarqueen on Oct 23rd, 2021, 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

W105 wrote: people can claim EI for stress leave and I hope anybody who gets fired for not getting vaxxed applies for it for that reason...
Good luck getting an actual real doctor to sign off on that one. You don't just get to decide you need time off work for "stress". If you want to go on medical EI you will require an examination done by a real doctor, the completion of medical documents signed off by the examining physician and a return to work plan (so, when are you going to get your shot?)
Miss Maggie
Fledgling

Post by Miss Maggie »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 7:45 am
W105 wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 7:37 am people can claim EI for stress leave and I hope anybody who gets fired for not getting vaxxed applies for it for that reason...
I think the stress has to be experienced before they are fired, and not a result of being fired.
Can someone be seriously stressed just not taking a vaccine? Is that a work related stress?
If just being generally stressed qualifies, then probably 80% of workers could quit and claim that, since many many workers have been stressed thru out the whole pandemic. In my daily dealings with workers in the community, I often thank them for just being on the job thru it all.
Its the employer that files the ROE and the employee files for EI based on that. If the employee disagrees with the “Reason for Leaving” on the ROE, then a review could change entitlement to EI. Example, an employer could put that the employee Quit (EI not eligible) but the employee could provide evidence of harassment or bullying or other valid reasons to quit and then get EI.

The federal government is telling employers how to complete the ROE when employee refuses to get vaccinated and can’t be otherwise accommodated at the workplace so not likely they’ll get EI, even if they later claim they are too stressed to work. Thats a good one though!
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

This is being reported on The Hill, and other news sites:

Austrian Chancellor Alexander Schallenberg says he is considering imposing a lockdown on people who are not vaccinated against the coronavirus if case numbers continue to rise, The Associated Press reported.

Good to see that some politicians understand the problem and can be creative about how to fix it.
We're lost but we're making good time.
monilynno
Board Meister

Post by monilynno »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 7:58 am
monilynno wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 7:51 am Pointless poll on Castanet asks if EI should be denied to those who can not be coerced into taking the jab so they can keep their job. Well this is settled law by the Supreme Court of Canada. EI is insurance that workers are forced into paying, the courts have determined that it is insurance and hence people have the right to the expectation to collect on that insurance when needed. Sorry but you will not be starving people into taking these experimental shots.
Insurance doesn't pay out just because it's needed.
There are requirements to be met, besides just paying into it.
Example, you might kill your spouse who is supporting you. Clearly you need their life insurance at that point, but you might not be entitled to it because you caused the death.
Car insurance might not pay out if you blatantly break the law and smash up your car. Clearly you need the money, but you might not be able to collect, because you deliberately precipitated the smash up (i.e. it wasn't an "accident").
If you set your house on fire deliberately, you might not be able to collect, because it was not "thru no fault of your own", you could have easily avoided it. clearly you still need the money to rebuild tho.
So if you lose your job thru no fault of your own, you apply for EI. But if you deliberately refused a reasonable request by your employer, such as getting a vaccine during a pandemic, you might not be able to collect. The situation was easily avoidable. If you have a medical exemption,and employer will not accomodate, you might have some grounds to get EI. And no, just being afraid of a vaccine is not an acceptable reason why you can't get it.
You missed the part where it's already settled law in Canada, your attempts to convolute the issue with a bunch of "What if's is meaning less.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

monilynno wrote: You missed the part where it's already settled law in Canada, your attempts at convolute the issue with a bunch of "What if's is meaning less.
Would love to see the link to any Court's decision that you are entitled to an insurance payout after not meeting policy requirements (the "what ifs").
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 23rd, 2021, 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

If they get vaxxed ...... .....No stress.

Even If the vaccinated get sick, they will get EI.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Ka-El wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 8:28 am
monilynno wrote: You missed the part where it's already settled law in Canada, your attempts at convolute the issue with a bunch of "What if's is meaning less.
Would love to see the link to any Court's decision that you are entitled to an insurance payout after not meeting policy requirements (the "what ifs").
Exactly. because my explanation (in layperson's terms) is how an insurance expert explained it. So the courts will have to decide. I look forward to seeing the results of court cases. I actually think that governments would have checked out the legal issues involved in Covid vaccination/EI, before they brought it in.
Last edited by Silverstarqueen on Oct 23rd, 2021, 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

So,Dr. Theresa Tam, explains to the country yesterday that the reason you cannot collect EI is because it is your choice not to be employed. Meaning clearly that because you do not have the vaccine they require, you are basically refusing employment.
So, every where else in the media, there is a massive shortage of employee's in many fields. The ones that pretty much anyone can work in and fill the positions we so desperately need. workers in.
So why is anyone needing EI? If the government showed merit in their strong approach, then why not force people to take these other jobs for now? It seems then that no one should get EI right now because its their own free choice to not work.
Somethings missing here, or shall we say it sounds like the tough stance on society also gets a choice of who to mandate such personal rights upon.
Wow, and talk about discrimination. Selectively mandating such harsh laws on some but not others.
Its amazing so many are hypnotized by this and seem to enjoy it. Almost like a sickness of sorts.

Return to “Health”