The Rainbow Bridge

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
ifwisheswerehorses
Übergod

Re: The Rainbow Bridge

Post by ifwisheswerehorses »

Depends on the vet. If they believe in "just love and retraining" then no they won't euthanize. If she can't find a vet then go to the Dog Pound they will do it.
Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you’ll ever regret.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

flamingfingers wrote:Would any conscientious vet refuse to euthanize him just because he appears to be 'healthy'????

I don't think so. I agree with oneh2obabe and any vet I've worked with was very understanding of issues and this dog's age would be a factor. It's always a hard decision no matter what when wanting to do the right thing. Not worth taking a chance and the dog has had a good long life.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

we had an elderly dog started attacking - Vet said it was doggie dementia and that we should put him down before one of our other dogs got fed up and went for him. If your daughter is in Kelowna have her book Steve ( Owner) at Fairfields
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Yes, I believe there was 'doggie dementia' going on... all worked out Ok and she is starting to feel a sense of relief that she did the right thing.
Chill
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Condolences to your daughter. I'm sure her heart is breaking but knows she did the right thing. She'll miss her dog but will have a lifetime of memories.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I thought this was fitting somehow, ripped off of a friend's facebook page,

A man and his dog were walking along a road. The man was enjoying the scenery, when it suddenly occurred to him that he was dead.
He remembered dying, and that the dog walking beside him had been dead for years. He wondered where the road was leading them.
After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall along one side of the road. It looked like fine marble. At the top of a long hill, it was broken by a tall arch that glowed in the sunlight.
When he was standing before it he saw a magnificent gate in the arch that looked like mother-of-pearl, and the street that led to the gate looked like pure gold. He and the dog walked toward the gate, and as he got closer, he saw a man at a desk to one side.
When he was close enough, he called out, 'Excuse me, where are we?'
'This is Heaven, sir,' the man answered.
Would you happen to have some water?' the man asked.
Of course, sir. Come right in, and I'll have some ice water brought right up'.The man gestured, and the gate began to open.
'Can my friend,' gesturing toward his dog, 'come in, too?' the traveller asked.
'I'm sorry, sir, but we don't accept pets.'
The man thought a moment and then turned back toward the road and continued the way he had been going with his dog.
After another long walk, and at the top of another long hill, he came to a dirt road leading through a farm gate that looked as if it had never been closed. There was no fence. As he approached the gate, he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading a book.
'Excuse me!' he called to the man. 'Do you have any water?'
'Yeah, sure, there's a pump over there, come on in..'
'How about my friend here?' the traveller gestured to the dog.
There should be a bowl by the pump.'
They went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old-fashioned hand pump with a bowl beside it. The traveller filled the water bowl and took a long drink himself, then he gave some to the dog.
When they were full, he and the dog walked back toward the man who was standing by the tree.
'What do you call this place?' the traveller asked.
This is Heaven,' he answered.
'Well, that's confusing,' the traveller said. 'The man down the road said that was Heaven, too.'
'Oh, you mean the place with the gold street and pearly gates? Nope. That's hell.'
'Doesn't it make you mad for them to use your name like that?'
'No, we're just happy that they screen out the folks who would leave their best friends behind.'
~Anonymous Author and Artwork
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

My condolences to Vernon SPCA on your loss.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/33 ... assed-away
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

BUMP:

We are so sad today. Yesterday we lost our furbaby Willow. She died suddenly, abruptly and no warning. Like a kitty stroke.
The saddest part is that we were not home for her.

The not being able to say good bye. That is the worst. We don't have kids, our cats are our furbabies. We lovingly adopted her 10 or so years ago from the Penticton SPCA. It was the best thing we ever did to adopt her, and a week before that, Hannah, they played and played. Hannah passed some time ago but Willow being younger stayed with us until yesterday.

I will no longer be tagged by her little paw while posting on the 'net. or see her outside, or anything, anymore. The sadness is overwhelming.

See my avatar? that is Maestro, I had him for 16 years, Willow was his look-a-like, except female. A Queen, like Keesa was. Keesa was my first furbaby as an independent adult. She died suddenly without warning like Willow did so many years later. I know it happens. It is shocking and the anger that you didnt' get to say good bye is real.

We still have two other kitties. They are missing Willow. We will miss her forever and ever. She was such a beautiful cat, so many people loved seeing her. I actually feared catnapping! But she died in the safety of her own home. A sudden stroke like condition. I was fortunate to have a wonderful caretaker friend who looked in on them while we were having our exactly one vacation in two years. :cuss: covid. :cuss: losing our furbabies.

I will see her on the Rainbow Bridge.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Sorry for your loss!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

Sad to lose Willow so unexpectedly, be grateful she was in her safe and loving home.
Nooby
Übergod

Post by Nooby »

So sorry Queen K. We love our pets like family, for sure.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I'm very sorry, Queen K, for your loss.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

Sad to hear QK, sorry for your loss.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Thank you everyone, the house seems so empty. We have two black cats, Ember and Mozart, both adopted for different reasons but Willow was adopted out of the Penticton SPCA 10 years ago. We were so lucky to have had her for 10 years. I say the house seems so empty because she was the engine of all the troublemaking, demands, and stuff. Her fluffy tail like a flag wending through the house. I miss her so much.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

My condolences QK on your loss of a Family member.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “The Pet Lounge”