Vax Mandate

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by the truth »

"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

liisgo wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 9:27 am So,Dr. Theresa Tam, explains to the country yesterday that the reason you cannot collect EI is because it is your choice not to be employed. Meaning clearly that because you do not have the vaccine they require, you are basically refusing employment.
So, every where else in the media, there is a massive shortage of employee's in many fields. The ones that pretty much anyone can work in and fill the positions we so desperately need. workers in.
So why is anyone needing EI? If the government showed merit in their strong approach, then why not force people to take these other jobs for now? It seems then that no one should get EI right now because its their own free choice to not work.
Somethings missing here, or shall we say it sounds like the tough stance on society also gets a choice of who to mandate such personal rights upon.
Wow, and talk about discrimination. Selectively mandating such harsh laws on some but not others.
Its amazing so many are hypnotized by this and seem to enjoy it. Almost like a sickness of sorts.
If someone is not working of their own free choice, they aren't going to get EI.
Many people are not working, not by their own choice, and they can't do anything to get or keep their job.
In other words, thru no fault of their own.
Surely you can see that this is different from choosing not to work. or refusing to fulfill some reasonable requirement (like vaccination) in order to work at a job. It's an issue of protecting workers' safety, just like many other safety measures. If workers refuse to follow those measures, I think the employer has a case for termination (given a reasonable time to comply with the requirement). It's not that they can't get a vaccine, it's that they choose not to get it. If there is some reason why the worker truely can not get the vaccine (such as a medical exemption), then they could say they were out of work thru no fault of their own.
b7272

Post by b7272 »

liisgo wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 9:27 am So,Dr. Theresa Tam, explains to the country yesterday that the reason you cannot collect EI is because it is your choice not to be employed. Meaning clearly that because you do not have the vaccine they require, you are basically refusing employment.
So, every where else in the media, there is a massive shortage of employee's in many fields. The ones that pretty much anyone can work in and fill the positions we so desperately need. workers in.
So why is anyone needing EI? If the government showed merit in their strong approach, then why not force people to take these other jobs for now? It seems then that no one should get EI right now because its their own free choice to not work.
Somethings missing here, or shall we say it sounds like the tough stance on society also gets a choice of who to mandate such personal rights upon.
Wow, and talk about discrimination. Selectively mandating such harsh laws on some but not others.
Its amazing so many are hypnotized by this and seem to enjoy it. Almost like a sickness of sorts.
I think its time for unvaxxed people to pay half the tax since they they are getting half the services. This is complete joke how canadian are ok with mandating this vaccine. People gona loose jobs they have familys too feed little kids how all of u guys ok with that. There is going to be huge shortage in health care staff one old care home already close there door and there be no place for boomers to go since you guys are big supporters of all these mandates
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 9:34 am
If someone is not working of their own free choice, they aren't going to get EI.
Many people are not working, not by their own choice, and they can't do anything to get or keep their job.
In other words, thru no fault of their own.
Surely you can see that this is different from choosing not to work. or refusing to fulfill some reasonable requirement (like vaccination) in order to work at a job. It's an issue of protecting workers' safety, just like many other safety measures. If workers refuse to follow those measures, I think the employer has a case for termination (given a reasonable time to comply with the requirement). It's not that they can't get a vaccine, it's that they choose not to get it. If there is some reason why the worker truely can not get the vaccine (such as a medical exemption), then they could say they were out of work thru no fault of their own.
always moving the goal post like bon bon
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

b7272 wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 9:39 am
I think its time for unvaxxed people to pay half the tax since they they are getting half the services. This is complete joke how canadian are ok with mandating this vaccine. People gona loose jobs they have familys too feed little kids how all of u guys ok with that. There is going to be huge shortage in health care staff one old care home already close there door and there be no place for boomers to go since you guys are big supporters of all these mandates
If 80-90% of workers in some workplace manage to somehow get a vaccine, then those who refuse are going to have to show why they could not get it also (medically exempt, no access to a vaccine, legs were broken), when so many could get it. EI is not automatic just because a person refuses to complete the requirements of the job, especially a safety issue like spreading a virus in a pandemic. This might have to be proven in court. Court proceedings aren't quite like an internet discussion forum where people can just make whatever false claims they feel like making, and expect it to fly.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Strengthening the gov't's position that mandated Vaccines are necessary. where the rubber meets the road.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/a ... d=msedgntp
Kodidad
Übergod

Post by Kodidad »

the truth wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 9:50 am

always moving the goal post like bon bon
What has made the human species the dominant species on our planet? Probably our ability to adapt. That is reflective of our "big brain" and opposable thumbs. We have flourished on every continent (save Antartica) due to our adaptability. No other species has. The quoted post shows that we are not being stagnant, however moving the goal posts as science around covid evolves (evolution). We stop adapting, we go like the dinosaurs.

A vax mandate shows we are taking this affront to our well being seriously. The fine balance is the economic perils that are the other end of the scale. Do we keep people at work, or do we keep people alive. No life, no workers. Also, no workers, no life. A conundrum for sure.

Perhaps the vaccine is the compromise. We can work, we can recreate, we can live. The economy survives.
Am I a "mando vaxer"? Not really. I'm a realist. These are the cards we are dealt so make the best with what we have.
Don't fight change, embrace it as it makes us stronger.
MY OPINIONS MEAN NOTHING, SAME AS YOURS
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

alanjh595 wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 8:59 am
W105 wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 7:37 am people can claim EI for stress leave and I hope anybody who gets fired for not getting vaxxed applies for it for that reason...
If they get vaxxed ...... .....No stress.

Even If the vaccinated get sick, they will get EI.

^^ I have heard of people taking their employer to court over changes in their employment, and those changes caused them stress ..some have even taken their issues to the BC Human Rights Trib because they believe they were treated unfairly and not given other options..

it's ironic that our Government was giving away CERB like candy to people that didn't even make that amount of money before covid..my nephew's son got the full $2k a mth and he was only working part time making less than $1000 per mth...he has only been working for 2 yrs previously so his contributions to EI were very minimal ...yet these people worked during the pandemic and paid into their EI for decades and now they can't take it ?? seems fair...not

kind of crazy that the Government is wanting to get rid of working tax payers and doesn't mind throwing them on the government dole or literally on the street which eventually will increase the already serious homeless problem that they can't fix right now..it literally makes no sense to me...the Labour Shortage that's coming is going to be significant... and it will be from all sectors...from Health Care to food service to construction etc...so if this makes some people righteously happy, let's see how you'll feel when it really starts affecting your everyday life...cause it will..
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

W105 wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 10:30 am ^^ I have heard of people taking their employer to court over changes in their employment, and those changes caused them stress ..some have even taken their issues to the BC Human Rights Trib because they believe they were treated unfairly and not given other options..
I know all about that from personal experience.

The payouts are minimal at the very best. Good luck, my lawyer got more than I did.
Bring back the LIKE button.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

W105 wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 7:46 am
I Think wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 7:24 am It is saddening that restaurant and other staff have to act as vaccination police, but that is the fault of the anti vaxxers.
We all have had to toughen up to get the country through this difficult time, it is past time for the anti vaxxers to toughen up and get the shots.

^^ no, that is the fault of the Government....if a business wants to cater to unvaxxed people, just like grocery , liquor , pot stores, hardware stores are allowed to...then why can't the food service industry have that option too ??

why did eating in a restaurant become so dangerous ?? and please do not reply with usual, oh but there's a higher transmission rate in a restaurant than in a grocery store that has thousands of people in it daily and has longer opening hrs than a restaurant does cause that sounds as dumb as it can get..
As a vaccinated person, I have a right to be able to feel safe when entering any public place, business, school, fire hall, store, supermarket. Anti vaxxers have no right to put me at risk. Lock down the unvaccinated until our hospitals have space to treat heart and cance patients and those who are injured etc.
Last edited by I Think on Oct 23rd, 2021, 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
We're lost but we're making good time.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

but if your vaccinated your so called safe ,so whats your problem then
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

I Think wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 10:43 am
W105 wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 7:46 am

^^ no, that is the fault of the Government....if a business wants to cater to unvaxxed people, just like grocery , liquor , pot stores, hardware stores are allowed to...then why can't the food service industry have that option too ??

why did eating in a restaurant become so dangerous ?? and please do not reply with usual, oh but there's a higher transmission rate in a restaurant than in a grocery store that has thousands of people in it daily and has longer opening hrs than a restaurant does cause that sounds as dumb as it can get..
As a vaccinated person, I have a right to be able to feel safe when entering any public place, business, school, fire hall, store, supermarket. Anti vaxxers have no right to put me at risk. Lock down the unvaccinated until our hospitals have space to treat heart and cance patients and those who are injured etc.
I am a fully vaccinated person too but I just don't, won't nor can I think like you do about the unvaxxed...and I am sorry that going to the grocery store scares you...you can always shop online because you actually have an option to do that..it's nice having options :up:
Kodidad
Übergod

Post by Kodidad »

the truth wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 10:54 am but if your vaccinated your so called safe ,so whats your problem then
Because as you are quick to point out, there are breakthrough cases. Exposure to the unvaccinated probably presents more of a risk. Whether it's real, or a perception, I personally feel less threatened in the company of vaccinated people.
MY OPINIONS MEAN NOTHING, SAME AS YOURS
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Kodidad wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 11:11 am
the truth wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 10:54 am but if your vaccinated your so called safe ,so whats your problem then
Because as you are quick to point out, there are breakthrough cases. Exposure to the unvaccinated probably presents more of a risk. Whether it's real, or a perception, I personally feel less threatened in the company of vaccinated people.
again your vaccinated, so what other people do is non of your concern
you want to believe- do harm- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_l ... ettlements they can never be trusted ever , and if you do not get that after looking at this link. i feel sorry for you people

https://www.pharmaceutical-technology.c ... -lawsuits/
Last edited by the truth on Oct 23rd, 2021, 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

if they do that then they should fire all politicians who aren't vaxxed, no pensions either.
I am guessing they will use " just cause" to try and halt benefits
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second

Return to “Health”