Restaurants have complained about workers and cerb - while relying on government to pay workers that stayed

nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Restaurants have complained about workers and cerb - while relying on government to pay workers that stayed

Post by nucksRnum1 »

Restaurants have been kept afloat by the government for too long. Time for owners to act like Jesus and save their own businesses like they say they do workers and provide the government taxes.

Restauar
President and CEO of Restaurants Canada Todd Barclay says 50 percent of restaurants will no longer be able to qualify for government subsidies due to the strict thresholds.
Sparki55
Guru

Re: Restaurants have complained about workers and cerb - while relying on government to pay workers that stayed

Post by Sparki55 »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 4:20 pm Restaurants have been kept afloat by the government for too long. Time for owners to act like Jesus and save their own businesses like they say they do workers and provide the government taxes.
Lol, the government is the one who wrecked their business. Support is owed until the restrictions are all gone.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Restaurants have complained about workers and cerb - while relying on government to pay workers that stayed

Post by GordonH »

Sparki55 wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 4:24 pm
nucksRnum1 wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 4:20 pm Restaurants have been kept afloat by the government for too long. Time for owners to act like Jesus and save their own businesses like they say they do workers and provide the government taxes.
Lol, the government is the one who wrecked their business. Support is owed until the restrictions are all gone.
Exactly Sparki55
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

So social democracy is only wrong if people are sustained - but a fundamental right for businesses? Profits - private and Losses - public? No wonder so many businesses fail. They can't sustain themselves unless the government ponies up for them and gift wraps the tax breaks and lifestyle. I for one am glad that the glass ceiling is breaking for businesses that have no business calling themselves one. Failure and greed have been propped up too long.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Sparki55 wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 4:24 pm
Exactly! A pity that some are too dumb to grasp that though.

It's the government imposed restrictions, as well as overly generous handouts of our money, that has upset the apple cart so to speak. Support is owed until restrictions are gone, and handouts to those sitting at home ended.

Hey nucks what business do you own that gives you all this insight? Oh that's right you don't own one.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

Businesses who don't get government pork barrel anymore be all like.....I play the chorus on repeat when my daughter complains about how hard her life is.

GordonH

Post by GordonH »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 4:39 pm So social democracy is only wrong if people are sustained - but a fundamental right for businesses? Profits - private and Losses - public? No wonder so many businesses fail. They can't sustain themselves unless the government ponies up for them and gift wraps the tax breaks and lifestyle. I for one am glad that the glass ceiling is breaking for businesses that have no business calling themselves one. Failure and greed have been propped up too long.
Wow... then Bombardier shouldn’t get another dime of taxpayers money, I highly doubt this will happen.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 4:39 pm So social democracy is only wrong if people are sustained - but a fundamental right for businesses? Profits - private and Losses - public? No wonder so many businesses fail. They can't sustain themselves unless the government ponies up for them and gift wraps the tax breaks and lifestyle.
So you think it's a restaurant owners fault for closing during a pandemic, being forced to stop in person dining for weeks, having capacity restricted and then told to add vaccine checks and tons of cleaning? On top of that it was hard to compete with the government for employees because it was easier to stay home on cerb than work....

But yeah, it's all about the owners lifestyle... That's why businesses are failing...

Maybe you should run a business if it's so darn easy?
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

GordonH wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 6:00 pmWow... then Bombardier shouldn’t get another dime of taxpayers money, I highly doubt this will happen.
I agree with this.
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

Sparki55 wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 6:30 pmSo you think it's a restaurant owners fault for closing during a pandemic, being forced to stop in person dining for weeks, having capacity restricted and then told to add vaccine checks and tons of cleaning? On top of that it was hard to compete with the government for employees because it was easier to stay home on cerb than work....

But yeah, it's all about the owners lifestyle... That's why businesses are failing...

Maybe you should run a business if it's so darn easy?
I don't care how hard or easy it is. Survival of the fittest. If this pandemic has exposed a business darwinism - then this is on business owners. Being an entrepreneur isn't a right. It is something that is used for tax evasion.
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 7:15 pm I agree with this.
You don't understand why having aerospace technology is important in Canada.

Would you rather we become an agricultural country?
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 7:18 pm I don't care how hard or easy it is. Survival of the fittest. If this pandemic has exposed a business darwinism - then this is on business owners. Being an entrepreneur isn't a right. It is something that is used for tax evasion.
Nobody said it is a right... Guess you would have rather seen half of restaurants close down for good.

To show contrast, imagine you are a homeowner with a mortgage and the government forced you to only work 50% of your regular schedule, then told you that you must not work for weeks and then force you to install a new furnace and hot water tank and have sprinklers added indoors. Government gives you no help and you lose your home. Guess you'd say you should never have had a home since you can't figure out how to keep it during severe restrictions.

Sorry, but you're soo wrong here I can't stop shaking my head.
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

Look - if business people want to make an issue of CERB or EI being too easy to be on - then businesses can't be hypocritical and use public funds to prop up their businesses and their employees. Do it on your own if you are a business. Don't be a mooch or whatever you call workers who won't go back to low wages.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 8:28 pm Look - if business people want to make an issue of CERB or EI being too easy to be on - then businesses can't be hypocritical and use public funds to prop up their businesses and their employees. Do it on your own if you are a business. Don't be a mooch or whatever you call workers who won't go back to low wages.
CERB/EI pays $500 per/week equals to $12.50 per/Hr based on 40Hrs per/week.

$15 per/Hr on 40 hour week equals $600 after deductions come to about $505

CERB/EI doesn’t deduct from the cheque’s, come tax time is when they collect money owed.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 7:18 pm Being an entrepreneur isn't a right. It is something that is used for tax evasion.
Wow. So, you are pretty much opposed to every private business in existence?
Tax evasion is illegal.
This leaves a society of government and government employees. :135:
You and 71 others Like this post

Return to “Canada”