Inconsistent COVID Rules

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Nugget44

Inconsistent COVID Rules

Post by Nugget44 »

G'day,

I find it ironic that when this pandemic started and the Lower Mainland was skyrocketing with cases they started the lockdowns and BC Health said from Day One we are in this together and will lock down together, despite Interior having very low case counts. So now the lower mainland has now fully opened yet the interior is still at 50% capacity due to case counts and yet both the Fraser and Interior are just over 10 cases per 100k based on data from https://bccdc.shinyapps.io/covid19_global_epi_app/

So we are ALL in this together unless the Lower Mainland benefits.

interesting......
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Inconsistent COVID Rules

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Cases and ICU patients have come down in the the interior but not to the level they were before the surge. We have school children passing covid around, lots of schools being affected. So it's clear that if they relaxed restrictions right now, the whole situation would be right back where we were. The idea is not to wait until things are so badly out of control, but to manage it when the signs indicate we are on the cusp of another surge, due to not having brought the last one down yet.
If you look at the b.c. dashboard, it is clear that cases are coming down, and if they continued to do that consistently then restrictions would be lifted. They are on the way down, which is not the same as being consistently and sustained at that level.
https://experience.arcgis.com/experienc ... da29297ded

Interestingly, the interior has roughly 1/3 the doses of vaccine administered compared to Fraser Health. Could that be why our surge occurred, and is so slow coming down?
Nugget44

Post by Nugget44 »

The interior is definitely lagging behind the Fraser on vaccination rates on a percentage basis, I think the total vaccination accounts for population density. https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/ ... troduction

My though on the surge is was due to travel being opened up and people vacationing in the interior. I know of several families who travelled to the interior from several provinces in Canada for summer vacations which seems to correlate with the surge. Again that's my thought.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Nugget44 wrote: Oct 25th, 2021, 8:11 am The interior is definitely lagging behind the Fraser on vaccination rates on a percentage basis, I think the total vaccination accounts for population density. https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/ ... troduction

My though on the surge is was due to travel being opened up and people vacationing in the interior. I know of several families who travelled to the interior from several provinces in Canada for summer vacations which seems to correlate with the surge. Again that's my thought.
There is absolutely no doubt that tourism is responsible for the surge in the interior.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
DoubleB12
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by DoubleB12 »

Nugget44 wrote: Oct 25th, 2021, 8:11 am The interior is definitely lagging behind the Fraser on vaccination rates on a percentage basis, I think the total vaccination accounts for population density. https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/ ... troduction

I said this way back in early August once Step 3 was rescinded in the C.Oak (only) that is was highly likely due to the influx of tourists that flood this area starting usually late June, up until early Sept. There were out of town plates from all over Canada in the C.Oak so it was quite obvious that cases were going to rise. It is a bit unfair that the Fraser region is allowing full capacity at Canucks games but we cant have that here in Kelowna for Rocket's games. Both regions are almost equal for both 1st and 2nd dose. I would imagine that the Govt/PHO's want to help out the economy and get people excited about easing of restrictions on the coast where the population is much higher than here in the C.Oak!! Just saying....IMO there is a high enough vax rate overall in BC that we should be completely restriction free. If double vax can catch and spread it's a bit absurd that we are still even wearing masks with such a high vax rate!! We are just running around in circles!! Typical NDP cant make a tough decision w/o a backup plan to cover up any error in judgement!! At least Doug Ford has the balls to state a definitive C19 re=opening plan.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -on-oct-25
polelady
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by polelady »

Just gets better and better...:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#349630

If your work for IH and do not reply .. your job is safe and sound... if any ripples... call the union and grab another coffee..
This has been the whole problem from the start... and no head rolling... we need a massive CLEAN out of upper over paid awaiting pension CEO"s etc... ho hum...
Zedi
Lord of the Board

Post by Zedi »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Oct 25th, 2021, 7:49 am Cases and ICU patients have come down in the the interior but not to the level they were before the surge. We have school children passing covid around, lots of schools being affected. So it's clear that if they relaxed restrictions right now, the whole situation would be right back where we were. The idea is not to wait until things are so badly out of control, but to manage it when the signs indicate we are on the cusp of another surge, due to not having brought the last one down yet.
If you look at the b.c. dashboard, it is clear that cases are coming down, and if they continued to do that consistently then restrictions would be lifted. They are on the way down, which is not the same as being consistently and sustained at that level.

Interestingly, the interior has roughly 1/3 the doses of vaccine administered compared to Fraser Health. Could that be why our surge occurred, and is so slow coming down?
Why even mention children? They are pretty much a non issue with covid. how many children in the hospital? How many have died in the interior. Children fare worse from the flu than with covid. You are fear mongering like the media when you bring children into the conversation.
Zedi
Lord of the Board

Post by Zedi »

They have never talked about the cold and flu going around among children. They do with covid so they can scare parents into vaccinating them.
DoubleB12
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by DoubleB12 »

polelady wrote: Oct 25th, 2021, 2:09 pm Just gets better and better...:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#349630

If your work for IH and do not reply .. your job is safe and sound... if any ripples... call the union and grab another coffee..
This has been the whole problem from the start... and no head rolling... we need a massive CLEAN out of upper over paid awaiting pension CEO"s etc... ho hum...
The IH health region should be put back into Step 3 immediately. Very interesting that Fraser can have an ease on restrictions but not here. Funny 1618 new cases over the weekend, Fraser Health accounts for 699 of them. IH region only 254 and we also have 1300 less active cases!! The inconsistencies are sure starting to show actually "what region" our fantastic Govt would rather cater to!!
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Looking at the numbers, and the population of interior health (less than half the pop of Fraser health, about the same as Island health), we should be able to see if our numbers are in line with other regions.
https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#349664
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Zedi wrote: Oct 25th, 2021, 2:44 pm
Silverstarqueen wrote: Oct 25th, 2021, 7:49 am Cases and ICU patients have come down in the the interior but not to the level they were before the surge. We have school children passing covid around, lots of schools being affected. So it's clear that if they relaxed restrictions right now, the whole situation would be right back where we were. The idea is not to wait until things are so badly out of control, but to manage it when the signs indicate we are on the cusp of another surge, due to not having brought the last one down yet.

Why even mention children? They are pretty much a non issue with covid. how many children in the hospital? How many have died in the interior. Children fare worse from the flu than with covid. You are fear mongering like the media when you bring children into the conversation.
Why did I mention children? nothing to do with "scaring" people into anything. Nothing to do with how many children might be in hospital. Nothing to do with how many died. Nothinig to do with fear mongering. Just another example of the hysterical over-the-top reaction from people ove a conspiracy mind-set. What on earth does children having the flu have to do with this discussion?

We have been told all along that the number of cases in schools are a reflection of the numbers of cases in the community (not a reflection of hospitalizations or ICU). So I have noted that recently there are a lot of cases in schools, these kids aren't living in a bubble, it means the virus is circulating freely among families, which means it's turning up in all kinds of people who are not vaccinated, and even will turn up in some who ARE vaccinated. So we wonder why LTC homes are having more deaths. Why are there so many cases in schools? Should they be using more precautions as they did previously? Should we be vaccinating more kids to put a damper on this surge in schools? Are there teachers or administrators at risk who should work on a higher vaccination rate? Are there parents, teens, at home who are not vaccinated, who could be vaccinated, that is driving this spread? We think it's just old people getting serious cases of covid, but we are going to have more 40,50 year olds with covid, if kids are bringing it home and spreading it at school. Maybe it's an indication that restrictions need to stay on, until there are just fewer transmissions going on in general.
Nugget44

Post by Nugget44 »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Oct 25th, 2021, 5:56 pm Looking at the numbers, and the population of interior health (less than half the pop of Fraser health, about the same as Island health), we should be able to see if our numbers are in line with other regions.
https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#349664
You can see all the stats here https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/ ... troduction
Last edited by Nugget44 on Oct 26th, 2021, 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
put-for-dough
Fledgling

Post by put-for-dough »

Interior Health has the highest un-vaccination rates among health care workers as well as managers of these facilities. There fore they are not big on enforcing the policies because they are anti-vaxxers. Death rates climb as well as hospitalization rates and ICU, and the people who have been vaccinated months ago are being brutalized because of others who are not vaccinated and this includes managers who are in charge of all IH facilities in the Central Okanagan.
two
Fledgling

Post by two »

put-for-dough wrote: Oct 25th, 2021, 9:32 pm Interior Health has the highest un-vaccination rates among health care workers as well as managers of these facilities. There fore they are not big on enforcing the policies because they are anti-vaxxers. Death rates climb as well as hospitalization rates and ICU, and the people who have been vaccinated months ago are being brutalized because of others who are not vaccinated and this includes managers who are in charge of all IH facilities in the Central Okanagan.
Here a little picture show to explain your dilema:
FB_IMG_1629860756097.jpg
photo_2021-10-20_20-50-18.jpg
photo_2021-10-20_20-58-44.jpg

its really a shame you just proved Alex Jones of all people right.
I may not agree with what you say but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. -- Voltaire
Zedi
Lord of the Board

Post by Zedi »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Oct 25th, 2021, 6:40 pm
Zedi wrote: Oct 25th, 2021, 2:44 pm

Why did I mention children? nothing to do with "scaring" people into anything. Nothing to do with how many children might be in hospital. Nothing to do with how many died. Nothinig to do with fear mongering. Just another example of the hysterical over-the-top reaction from people ove a conspiracy mind-set. What on earth does children having the flu have to do with this discussion?

We have been told all along that the number of cases in schools are a reflection of the numbers of cases in the community (not a reflection of hospitalizations or ICU). So I have noted that recently there are a lot of cases in schools, these kids aren't living in a bubble, it means the virus is circulating freely among families, which means it's turning up in all kinds of people who are not vaccinated, and even will turn up in some who ARE vaccinated. So we wonder why LTC homes are having more deaths. Why are there so many cases in schools? Should they be using more precautions as they did previously? Should we be vaccinating more kids to put a damper on this surge in schools? Are there teachers or administrators at risk who should work on a higher vaccination rate? Are there parents, teens, at home who are not vaccinated, who could be vaccinated, that is driving this spread? We think it's just old people getting serious cases of covid, but we are going to have more 40,50 year olds with covid, if kids are bringing it home and spreading it at school. Maybe it's an indication that restrictions need to stay on, until there are just fewer transmissions going on in general.
Kids are a non factor and the shot doesn't prevent transmission. Not a conspiracy, leave the kids alone. Injecting them will not save grandma who has been double vaxed. That argument makes zero sense, you are watching way to much mainstream with this type of regurgitation.

Return to “Health”