Restaurants have complained about workers and cerb - while relying on government to pay workers that stayed

rustled
Buddha of the Board

Re: Restaurants have complained about workers and cerb - while relying on government to pay workers that stayed

Post by rustled »

Yes, it will be interesting to see what happens over the next few weeks. I feel badly for restaurant owners, and hope they're able to hang in there.
Ideology...gives evil-doing its long-sought justification and gives the evildoer the necessary steadfastness and determination...[it] is the social theory which helps to make his actions seem good instead of bad in his own and others' eyes...
-Solzhenitsyn
nucksRnum1
Übergod

Re: Restaurants have complained about workers and cerb - while relying on government to pay workers that stayed

Post by nucksRnum1 »

rustled wrote: Oct 26th, 2021, 8:03 pm Yes, it will be interesting to see what happens over the next few weeks. I feel badly for restaurant owners, and hope they're able to hang in there.
Why should we reward failure? Especially when most will declare bankruptcy anyway and walk away from debt. No sweat off their backs for their failed experiment in tax evasion.
Sparki55
Lord of the Board

Post by Sparki55 »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Oct 26th, 2021, 8:36 pm Why should we reward failure? Especially when most will declare bankruptcy anyway and walk away from debt. No sweat off their backs for their failed experiment in tax evasion.
Wish you were forced to stay home during the pandemic at a 50% capacity to work and when you end up homeless I'll point and laugh and laugh and call you a failure.

No business help, no CERB cheques.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Sparki55 wrote: Oct 27th, 2021, 10:59 am
nucksRnum1 wrote: Oct 26th, 2021, 8:36 pm Why should we reward failure? Especially when most will declare bankruptcy anyway and walk away from debt. No sweat off their backs for their failed experiment in tax evasion.
Wish you were forced to stay home during the pandemic at a 50% capacity to work and when you end up homeless I'll point and laugh and laugh and call you a failure.

:up:
“We isolate now so when we gather again, no one is missing" - Unknown
bb49
Guru

Post by bb49 »

I'm pretty sure he got to sit in his government office and collect his full pay.
February 14, 2022. The day Democracy died in Canada.
Catsumi
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catsumi »

bb49 wrote: Oct 27th, 2021, 4:21 pm

I'm pretty sure he got to sit in his government office and collect his full pay.
Government office as in mom’s basement??
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it’s time to pause and reflect” - Mark Twain

“"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -W. Churchill
bb49
Guru

Post by bb49 »

Catsumi wrote: Oct 27th, 2021, 6:11 pm
bb49 wrote: Oct 27th, 2021, 4:21 pm
Government office as in mom’s basement??
Definitely one or the other. Or both.
February 14, 2022. The day Democracy died in Canada.

Return to “Canada”