Casimir

Alice in Vernon

Casimir

Post by Alice in Vernon »

is making way too much of this "hurt feelings" that our PM didn't visit. I distinctly remember her discouraging visits due to the high rate of Covid in her community. Now, she has conveniently forgotten she said any such thing and is making him out to be a "bad guy". Plus, he said he wasn't doing any business on Sept 30 because of it being declared a holiday. Frankly, I"m sick of the whole thing!

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kamloops/ ... th-Trudeau
AtlantisKelowna
Board Meister

Re: Casimir

Post by AtlantisKelowna »

Alice in Vernon wrote: Oct 19th, 2021, 8:57 am is making way too much of this "hurt feelings" that our PM didn't visit. I distinctly remember her discouraging visits due to the high rate of Covid in her community. Now, she has conveniently forgotten she said any such thing and is making him out to be a "bad guy". Plus, he said he wasn't doing any business on Sept 30 because of it being declared a holiday. Frankly, I"m sick of the whole thing!
With all the FN issues in our country, one would think that the PM would choose to attend any of the hundreds of events FN had been hosting on the FIRST annual holiday created in the name of reconciliation. The fact that he deliberately LIED about his itinerary when he knew full well that this little getaway was planned shows the FN people what he actually cares about.

He claimed to have meetings all day in Ottawa so Im not sure where you get the claims of not doing any business that day.
JT :cuss: up again, dont worry though, he will do the same again soon so this will be forgotten and brushed under the rug in typical liberal style.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

I think she's very good at PR. When the news about the Kamloops school broke and the media was reporting that there was a "mass grave," it was several days before Casimir came forward and said that there was no indication that there was a mass grave on the site. By that time the damage was done and the international media was reporting that a mass grave containing children had been discovered in Canada (the implication being that they were massacred). Even the UN condemned Canada.

The media is still reporting that 215 bodies of children have been discovered at the site and that is completely false. The anthropologist who conducted the survey has finally said that there are "suspected grave sites" but as she knows, until the site is excavated no one will know what is causing the anomalies in the ground penetration radar scans. It could be rocks, glacial deposits, roots, foundations, bodies of people from the community and surrounding area - not just indigenous people, garbage etc. etc. etc.

Right now Canada is being made out to be a villain on the world stage all because of unproven claims and rumours that people like Casimir are doing nothing to dispel.

I predict that as long as Casimir is Chief, the site will not be excavated because if it turns out there are are 50 bodies buried there as reported in the school records and all of the bodies show signs of TB or other diseases it will be a huge anti-climax and the media will move on to another dead horse to flog.

I don't like Trudeau but I don't blame him for taking off to Tofino. I think he's bent over backwards to apologize and accommodate - and make pledges. He's done a lot make the whole Truth and Reconciliation process happen. The problem is, once you give an inch, people try to take a mile and the demands never stop.

Casimir has a lot of power and influence right now thanks to this whole Residential School thing. She's smart, well spoken and will probably go places - who knows, maybe she'll be the next Jody Wilson-Raybould.
Alice in Vernon

Post by Alice in Vernon »

Just found out that she is a candidate for chief, election to be held November 6, 2021. Nomination meeting was held September 25, 2021. There are 2 other people running against her.
Staredintoabyss
Board Meister

Post by Staredintoabyss »

I think people are increasingly tired of distortion and dishonesty no matter the stated cause.

Opportunism cannot sustain society.
itwasonlyme
Fledgling

Post by itwasonlyme »

techrtr wrote: Oct 19th, 2021, 9:19 am I think she's very good at PR. When the news about the Kamloops school broke and the media was reporting that there was a "mass grave," it was several days before Casimir came forward and said that there was no indication that there was a mass grave on the site. By that time the damage was done and the international media was reporting that a mass grave containing children had been discovered in Canada (the implication being that they were massacred). Even the UN condemned Canada.

The media is still reporting that 215 bodies of children have been discovered at the site and that is completely false. The anthropologist who conducted the survey has finally said that there are "suspected grave sites" but as she knows, until the site is excavated no one will know what is causing the anomalies in the ground penetration radar scans. It could be rocks, glacial deposits, roots, foundations, bodies of people from the community and surrounding area - not just indigenous people, garbage etc. etc. etc.

Right now Canada is being made out to be a villain on the world stage all because of unproven claims and rumours that people like Casimir are doing nothing to dispel.

I predict that as long as Casimir is Chief, the site will not be excavated because if it turns out there are are 50 bodies buried there as reported in the school records and all of the bodies show signs of TB or other diseases it will be a huge anti-climax and the media will move on to another dead horse to flog.

I don't like Trudeau but I don't blame him for taking off to Tofino. I think he's bent over backwards to apologize and accommodate - and make pledges. He's done a lot make the whole Truth and Reconciliation process happen. The problem is, once you give an inch, people try to take a mile and the demands never stop.

Casimir has a lot of power and influence right now thanks to this whole Residential School thing. She's smart, well spoken and will probably go places - who knows, maybe she'll be the next Jody Wilson-Raybould.
This is a very realistic post, thank you.

The supposed 215 graves are definitely NOT a mass grave and DEFINITELY NOT murdered children, which is the story that has been going around, cultivated as if this was a physically violent genocide.

Even Tkemlups with their "oral history" know 1/3 of children died from disease in the 1800s when these schools were started. Children were sent to them voluntarily for the most part as conditions were better than on the reserves and the kids needed to be educated, this was recognized by the chiefs and FN members of the time as a GOOD thing.

As for the Pope apologizing - he will NEVER apologize for converting Natives to Catholics. That's what the Church does. The one true faith, as they call it. To apologize would be to say what they did was wrong, when it was not. Education was invited and needed. Religion is a freedom we share in this country and it cannot be taken away or apologized for.

My hope is Casimir will be a bit more realistic and not use "fake news" like non-existent mass-graves and "genocides" to leverage public opinion and government. This victimization will ultimately backfire in the long run as people realize these children died from natural causes and that schooling was not an unreasonable thing.
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

Staredintoabyss wrote: Oct 28th, 2021, 12:42 pm I think people are increasingly tired of distortion and dishonesty no matter the stated cause.

Opportunism cannot sustain society.

Exactly, and that same distorted, dishonest and consuming propaganda being used today is distroying people's trust, honestly and creating not a future path of peace but a horrible one of hatred and blame.
To many people are easily manipulated into it as well.
How many people know about this???
How many knew that many of them died on our soil, from condition's the effected so many in those days????
And who knew, the say some are buried in guess what locations??? Go figure.

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/longfor ... -injustice
"If I find out who's been running this country for the last 8.5 yrs into the ground, there will be hell to pay",,,,,,,,,Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
itwasonlyme
Fledgling

Post by itwasonlyme »

This thread has grown cold!
I wanted to add that Canada now spends more on Aboriginal Affairs than it does on National Defence.
Something like $24 billion in 2021.
This is on people that for the most part, don't pay tax of any type.
For example the school settlement being reached. Who pays for this?
Natives Tribes (first nations) don't pay property tax or tax of any type but yet receive far more money per capita than any other ethnic group including whites.
What this is doing is discouraging people including natives from working and paying tax.
Which is hugely detrimental to our country and Natives in particular.
Where does all of this money go? To a massive special interest group. A black hole with almost zero accountability.
Everybody knows corruption and nepotism run rampant on many reserves (not so much in Kamloops however, Casimir is I would say a non-corrupt leader and kudos to her and her people for that).
Yet billions continue to flow into a system that provides no clear goals or accountability, its a closed system we can't pry open for public scrutiny. Why would anybody want to pay tax to support that?
Having known several professionals and lawyers who literally line up for the Native money which flows seemingly endlessly it is a non-stop gravy train that in the end, doesn't benefit the Native bands themselves nor the Country as a whole.
We need better accountability and system that can be scrutinized with actual goals and results the public can see and therefore support with their hard-earned money.

Return to “Kamloops”