Karma!!

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Karma!!

Post by the truth »

JagXKR wrote: Oct 29th, 2021, 1:22 pm
the truth wrote: Oct 29th, 2021, 12:58 pm so your not ok with a guy on the field with a knife getting assaulted . but your ok with a guy that is not wearing a mask getting assaulted :thumbsdown:
I realize your anti-vax anti-everything Covid dogma gets in the way of cognitive thinking. But the term red herring means
"something, especially a clue, that is or is intended to be misleading or distracting."
This is precisely what you did with your soccer field stabbing video. Comparing that and the punch given to the anti-masker, anti-vaxxer or whatever that idiot was, is shamefully dishonest.
Next thing will be comparing it to those guys from the 40's that marched over Europe.
again
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

AtlantisKelowna wrote: Oct 29th, 2021, 1:16 pm Senior should have just stayed out of it in the first place and wasn't resorting to violence anyway, just wanted to yell anti-vaxxer and feel cool only to *bleep* out when the guy stands his ground.
The senior didn't yell "anti-vaxxer" he said "just leave sir" like a normal person would ask, but little bully didn't like being told what to do.
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

AtlantisKelowna wrote: Oct 29th, 2021, 1:16 pm Amazing to see the automatic assumption that he's an anti vaxxer without any evidence or facts to prove why the altercation started in the first place. Most of you would have been against this had it been prior to covid and would have suggested the law should determine his punishment. Instead, a bunch of accusations are thrown out there and are readily accepted because it fits the narrative. Sad bunch of people

Personally, I would have done the same as the guy in blue had if I witnessed this happening to a senior clearly trying to back away because the law never catches this happening and just slaps them on the wrist after anyway. Senior should have just stayed out of it in the first place and wasn't resorting to violence anyway, just wanted to yell anti-vaxxer and feel cool only to *bleep* out when the guy stands his ground.
My take on the senior was that he was just a customer who had gotten up from his table to pay his bill and leave. The bully was still in entrance counter area apparently still looking at causing trouble. The senior then merely stated in a calm voice "just leave sir". Quite a reasonable comment. A de-escalating effort.

We saw how the voice of reason was received by the bully.

Next was a blow to the face,,, and hey, it seemed to work. We don't know if or how far the bully would have escalated this incident if left to his own choice, but we do know one sharp punch in the face got his attention.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
AtlantisKelowna
Board Meister

Post by AtlantisKelowna »

my5cents wrote: Oct 29th, 2021, 3:21 pm
AtlantisKelowna wrote: Oct 29th, 2021, 1:16 pm Amazing to see the automatic assumption that he's an anti vaxxer without any evidence or facts to prove why the altercation started in the first place. Most of you would have been against this had it been prior to covid and would have suggested the law should determine his punishment. Instead, a bunch of accusations are thrown out there and are readily accepted because it fits the narrative. Sad bunch of people

Personally, I would have done the same as the guy in blue had if I witnessed this happening to a senior clearly trying to back away because the law never catches this happening and just slaps them on the wrist after anyway. Senior should have just stayed out of it in the first place and wasn't resorting to violence anyway, just wanted to yell anti-vaxxer and feel cool only to *bleep* out when the guy stands his ground.
My take on the senior was that he was just a customer who had gotten up from his table to pay his bill and leave. The bully was still in entrance counter area apparently still looking at causing trouble. The senior then merely stated in a calm voice "just leave sir". Quite a reasonable comment. A de-escalating effort.

We saw how the voice of reason was received by the bully.

Next was a blow to the face,,, and hey, it seemed to work. We don't know if or how far the bully would have escalated this incident if left to his own choice, but we do know one sharp punch in the face got his attention.
Maybe I should clarify, If you are going to step in and try to de-escalate then you should probably be able and prepared to stand up for yourself. I am in no way supporting the idiot seeing stars now, he got what he deserved.

The old man could have ended up being a victim because he wasn't capable of defending himself. I understand why he would have stepped in but you should leave that for the people like good old blue there pops.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

After seeing this story it reminds me of the incident on a new York subway I believe, where a guy assaulted and raped a woman while everyone else just sat there and did nothing other than film it.
No one even called the police. :swear:

But here, swift and just punishment was handed out immediately.
No need for the police.
No need for courts.

And everyone can move on as this likely won't happen again.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
AtlantisKelowna
Board Meister

Post by AtlantisKelowna »

bb49 wrote: Oct 29th, 2021, 3:54 pm After seeing this story it reminds me of the incident on a new York subway I believe, where a guy assaulted and raped a woman while everyone else just sat there and did nothing other than film it.
Im sure at least one person who witnessed this would have been able to hand out a reasonable punishment. Each and every person with a recording of this should be charged as an accessory to the assault.

bb49 wrote: Oct 29th, 2021, 3:54 pm But here, swift and just punishment was handed out immediately.
No need for the police.
No need for courts.

And everyone can move on as this likely won't happen again.
The only sad part of all this is the guy in blue will likely be charged for his participation which is generally why we have so few people willing to come to the aid of those in need.
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

I'm sure the guy was happy to accept the consequences. Sometimes you gotta just do what's right - no matter the cost. If that senior was my dad - there is no way that this guy would get away with shoving him.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

bb49 wrote: Oct 29th, 2021, 3:54 pm After seeing this story it reminds me of the incident on a new York subway I believe, where a guy assaulted and raped a woman while everyone else just sat there and did nothing other than film it.
https://globalnews.ca/news/8289010/narr ... ape-false/

That turned out to be fake news.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

AtlantisKelowna wrote: Oct 29th, 2021, 3:54 pm Maybe I should clarify, If you are going to step in and try to de-escalate then you should probably be able and prepared to stand up for yourself. I am in no way supporting the idiot seeing stars now, he got what he deserved.

The old man could have ended up being a victim because he wasn't capable of defending himself. I understand why he would have stepped in but you should leave that for the people like good old blue there pops.
Interesting, so unless one is sure they can defend themselves and/or overpower an assailant, they should ? "mind their own business" ?

Like bb49, such comments also brought to my mind the recent incident on the NY subway to me as well.
AtlantisKelowna wrote: Oct 29th, 2021, 3:54 pm Im sure at least one person who witnessed this would have been able to hand out a reasonable punishment. Each and every person with a recording of this should be charged as an accessory to the assault.
Interesting view of criminal law.... recording an illegal act makes one an accessory to the act ? So while "minding their own business" someone who feels they can't overpower an assailant must not record the event, because that would somehow make them an accessory.

Interesting....
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Oct 29th, 2021, 4:32 pm
https://globalnews.ca/news/8289010/narr ... ape-false/

That turned out to be fake news.
Fake news ? There really was a rape, but there was an explanation that other passengers on the train who didn't take action, entered the train car and left, thinking it was inappropriate but consensual sex.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

the truth wrote: Oct 29th, 2021, 1:26 pm again
Wow! Complete incomprehension. Your question was a red herring. But let's answer it, though not on topic, as you are the pit bull that won't let go of the child.
A person was knifed for what reason? We don't know. Were they an innocent victim or did they deserve to be attacked? The knifing, using a deadly weapon, is not the same as a fist fight. Comparing the 2 events is totally inane. They are not even close.
I have no opinion other than it looks like scum attacking scum. Life's tough for the scum.

Anti vaxxers who go out and look to cause trouble, then have trouble happen and lose are funny.
Notice how he pushes the older gentleman and earlier tells all that he will :swear: your restaurant up.
After assaulting the innocent man he then gets justice. And then he...wait for it....says....
"that's assault" [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]
The irony of the stupid. :laugh: :laugh:
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

The bully had moved to the exit when the senior intervened, but had not left. He was still yelling at the waitress from the doorway, so the senior suggested he “just leave”. Which, considering nobody else in the restaurant had lifted a finger to help up to this point, was a very kind act on the part of the senior.

The bully took the seniors intervention as an excuse to start picking on him instead of just the waitress and, when he shoved the senior, the bully escalated the situation to one of physical assault.

If the third guy had not intervened at that point, it is possible, even probable, that the bully’s physical assault on the senior would have escalated to something much more serious than just a shove. Therefore, the physical intervention by the third person was justified.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

Merry wrote: Oct 29th, 2021, 8:01 pm The bully had moved to the exit when the senior intervened, but had not left. He was still yelling at the waitress from the doorway, so the senior suggested he “just leave”. Which, considering nobody else in the restaurant had lifted a finger to help up to this point, was a very kind act on the part of the senior.

The bully took the seniors intervention as an excuse to start picking on him instead of just the waitress and, when he shoved the senior, the bully escalated the situation to one of physical assault.

If the third guy had not intervened at that point, it is possible, even probable, that the bully’s physical assault on the senior would have escalated to something much more serious than just a shove. Therefore, the physical intervention by the third person was justified.
Well said.

:up: :up: :up:
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Merry wrote: Oct 29th, 2021, 8:01 pm The bully had moved to the exit when the senior intervened, but had not left. He was still yelling at the waitress from the doorway, so the senior suggested he “just leave”. Which, considering nobody else in the restaurant had lifted a finger to help up to this point, was a very kind act on the part of the senior.

Perry has been replaced, with.......Merry Mason. :biggrin:
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

my point exactly people, are govt bon bon dixs have pushed its people to the point that we are fighting over nothing
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Canada”