Vax Mandate

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet
Posts: 26333
Joined: Jul 22nd, 2012, 8:02 pm

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by Silverstarqueen »

rustled wrote: Oct 30th, 2021, 8:59 pm
Silverstarqueen wrote: Oct 30th, 2021, 8:32 pm
The vaccines have been tested, and proven, in trials and several billions doses.
Again, several billion doses does not provide the same assurances as having used them for a decade or more.
What's going to happen in ten years?
Which vaccines had unforseen problems crop up ten years later?
I Think
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 10548
Joined: May 29th, 2008, 6:12 pm

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by I Think »

The never ending story, the few remaining anti vaxxers making the same six arguments, ad boredom.

Mandating vaccination for using public transport, and employment makes it harder for the anti vaxxers to maintain their childish refusal, their numbers are shrinking daily, both due to their getting vaccinations and/or Darwin harvesting them.
We're lost but we're making good time.
Beerhunter341
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 859
Joined: Apr 19th, 2011, 2:09 pm

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by Beerhunter341 »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Oct 30th, 2021, 8:57 pm
Beerhunter341 wrote: Oct 30th, 2021, 8:38 pm

You say that like you are proud to have a vaccine tested on you
You say that like you are disappointed that the vaccine has worked so well.
I am kind of proud that the great vaccine makers came up with such a good vaccine in just a year tho.
And that it was distributed as well as it was. That it did not get to some of the less wealthy countries yet, is the major disappointment, because people there aren't saying "no thankyou, like some of the ungrateful here".
Actually I wished it worked better. It leaves a lot to be desired. You preach like you have shares in Pfizer.
Beerhunter341
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 859
Joined: Apr 19th, 2011, 2:09 pm

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by Beerhunter341 »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Oct 30th, 2021, 8:57 pm
You say that like you are disappointed that the vaccine has worked so well.
I am kind of proud that the great vaccine makers came up with such a good vaccine in just a year tho.
And that it was distributed as well as it was. That it did not get to some of the less wealthy countries yet, is the major disappointment, because people there aren't saying "no thankyou, like some of the ungrateful here".
Actually I wished it worked better. It leaves a lot to be desired. You preach like you have shares in Pfizer. The only thing you left out is how great the government is.

Also, the less wealthy countries seem to be doing a lot better than Canada. Nigeria with 14 per million dealths vs. 759 in Canada for example. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
rustled
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 23888
Joined: Dec 26th, 2010, 12:47 pm

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by rustled »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Oct 30th, 2021, 9:36 pm
rustled wrote: Oct 30th, 2021, 8:59 pm
Again, several billion doses does not provide the same assurances as having used them for a decade or more.
What's going to happen in ten years?
Which vaccines had unforseen problems crop up ten years later?
We don't know. Probably nothing significant - we don't know. People who pretend we do know with certainty are, IMO, unreasonable in their expectation that everyone else should pretend, too.
Provoking shame and assigning blame are endeavours of the small-minded. - John Zada
rustled
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 23888
Joined: Dec 26th, 2010, 12:47 pm

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by rustled »

Beerhunter341 wrote: Oct 31st, 2021, 5:51 am
Silverstarqueen wrote: Oct 30th, 2021, 8:57 pm
You say that like you are disappointed that the vaccine has worked so well.
I am kind of proud that the great vaccine makers came up with such a good vaccine in just a year tho.
And that it was distributed as well as it was. That it did not get to some of the less wealthy countries yet, is the major disappointment, because people there aren't saying "no thankyou, like some of the ungrateful here".
Actually I wished it worked better. It leaves a lot to be desired. You preach like you have shares in Pfizer.
I'm with you on this, Beerhunter341. If these vaccines worked as well as they were expected to work, there wouldn't be the need for mandates.

It seems to me the uptake on these vaccines is high compared to the vaccine they're comparable to, the annual flu vaccine, and there isn't 100% acceptance of them for the same reasons. We've yet to see these sorts of mandates in even a very bad flu season.
Provoking shame and assigning blame are endeavours of the small-minded. - John Zada
User avatar
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2811
Joined: Jun 7th, 2005, 3:36 pm

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by binky11 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 31st, 2021, 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Member has posted the same thing elsewhere.
Image
foenix
Guru
Posts: 7651
Joined: Mar 30th, 2020, 1:30 pm

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by foenix »

rustled wrote: Oct 31st, 2021, 8:35 am
Beerhunter341 wrote: Oct 31st, 2021, 5:51 am

Actually I wished it worked better. It leaves a lot to be desired. You preach like you have shares in Pfizer.
I'm with you on this, Beerhunter341. If these vaccines worked as well as they were expected to work, there wouldn't be the need for mandates.

It seems to me the uptake on these vaccines is high compared to the vaccine they're comparable to, the annual flu vaccine, and there isn't 100% acceptance of them for the same reasons. We've yet to see these sorts of mandates in even a very bad flu season.
The Covid vaccines don't work as well on the Delta variant because they were developed for the alpha strain. The reason the Delta variant came along was because the Covid virus was allowed to propagate. The booster vaccines I believe are targeted for the Delta variant. The sooner the virus is stopped, the less chance for other variants that may or may not be as harmful as the Delta to be produced...........See how that works?

Covid's kill rate is also close to 10X deadlier than the ordinary flu's. Delta variant is also more transmissbile than the ordinary flu as well................See the difference?
User avatar
PoplarSoul
Lord of the Board
Posts: 4704
Joined: Apr 23rd, 2021, 12:27 pm

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by PoplarSoul »

foenix wrote: Oct 31st, 2021, 2:02 pm
rustled wrote: Oct 31st, 2021, 8:35 am I'm with you on this, Beerhunter341. If these vaccines worked as well as they were expected to work, there wouldn't be the need for mandates.

It seems to me the uptake on these vaccines is high compared to the vaccine they're comparable to, the annual flu vaccine, and there isn't 100% acceptance of them for the same reasons. We've yet to see these sorts of mandates in even a very bad flu season.
The Covid vaccines don't work as well on the Delta variant because they were developed for the alpha strain. The reason the Delta variant came along was because the Covid virus was allowed to propagate. The booster vaccines I believe are targeted for the Delta variant. The sooner the virus is stopped, the less chance for other variants that may or may not be as harmful as the Delta to be produced...........See how that works?

Covid's kill rate is also close to 10X deadlier than the ordinary flu's. Delta variant is also more transmissbile than the ordinary flu as well................See the difference?
Great information.
Well said.

:up: :up: :up:
"The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance." Alan Watts
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet
Posts: 26333
Joined: Jul 22nd, 2012, 8:02 pm

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Beerhunter341 wrote: Oct 31st, 2021, 5:51 am
Silverstarqueen wrote: Oct 30th, 2021, 8:57 pm
You say that like you are disappointed that the vaccine has worked so well.
I am kind of proud that the great vaccine makers came up with such a good vaccine in just a year tho.
And that it was distributed as well as it was. That it did not get to some of the less wealthy countries yet, is the major disappointment, because people there aren't saying "no thankyou, like some of the ungrateful here".
Actually I wished it worked better. It leaves a lot to be desired. You preach like you have shares in Pfizer. The only thing you left out is how great the government is.

Also, the less wealthy countries seem to be doing a lot better than Canada. Nigeria with 14 per million dealths vs. 759 in Canada for example. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
The median age for Nigeria is 18.1 years. Median age in Canada is 40.6 years old.
Nigeria has about 3 million people over age 60, canada has 8 1/2 million over age 60
Covid is obviously a disease which hits those over age 60 harder. Nigeria has far fewer people in that higher risk group.
IpSoFrAtO
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Apr 30th, 2019, 6:49 pm

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by IpSoFrAtO »

Two weeks to flatten the curve....

70% vaccination rate to reach herd immunity.

80% vaccination rate to reach herd immunity.

Notice how herd immunity isn't even discussed anymore? 100% vaccination rate or you lose your job and social "privileges."

Sure seems like the science they are following is accurate and can be fully trusted. [sarcasm]

Bonnie Henry even admitted in her book she is not making decisions in the public's best interest, but what the government "believes" is right, for fear of being fired:

" I had a mandate and the legal authority to speak to the public about the issues related to health. I was fully aware, however, that if I were wildly off side with what the provincial health minister and government believed, it could make my position challenging, and that if I was too far off the mark too often, the government could render me ineffective or fire me all together.” Page 40, 41, be kind, be calm, be safe, Bonnie Henry.

Sure glad the tax payers give her hundreds of thousands of dollars a year for that important role of relaying beliefs. [sarcasm]

How many vaccines in history are given in dosages of three or four, or possibly even every 6 months? None, because that is no longer a vaccine, it's called a medical treatment.

The booster shots are also not targetting the delta variant like some people think, they are the exact same product as the original vaccine, just possibly a slightly smaller dosage.

How many people know that Moderna (the company) failed for 10 years to get a single product using its mRNA technology past animal trials prior to COVID, due to safety concerns? In fact the company was heading towards bankruptcy. Conveniently their COVID vaccine skipped animal trials and went straight to rushed human trials.

I'm sure they just finally got it right this time, and removing them from any and all liability was in the public's best interest. [sarcasm]

You can read about it here for yourself:
https://unlimitedhangout.com/2021/10/in ... s-miracle/

For every shred of "science" that states one thing, there is another that contradicts it. Which makes sense, because this is all so new and that's how the scientific method is supposed to work.

Which is exactly why mandates should not exist and ultimately will be futile, only after ruining many people's lives, including thousands of HCW's and the innocent who are already being refused medical treatment and may continue to be for years to come due to staffing shortages.
TJ05
Fledgling
Posts: 234
Joined: Apr 29th, 2006, 11:19 pm

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by TJ05 »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Oct 30th, 2021, 10:17 am
TJ05 wrote: Oct 30th, 2021, 4:59 am

Before the vaccine, HCW"S were taking their temps and changing their clothes before the start of their shift. The vaccine really does nothing. Vaccinated can get Covid and spread it. As someone who has had Covid, I dont see the need for this vaccine as I now have natural immunity and I was sick for 6 days.
So you had a mild case,congratulations. I posted a study recently where people with mild covid did not necessarily develop a strong lasting antibody response. So you should get vaccinated, but at the very least, do not presume you are not infectious or infected in the future.
The vaccines are proved to reduce cases, reduce transmission, reduce hospitalization, reduce serious cases, reduce ICU stays, reduce death. so you can call that nothing, if you want to look really stupid saying that.
I dont need your so called vaccine. I trust my immunity over taking a risk of dying or being injured. Anyone that thinks they need it, when the survival rate is very high is stupid.
TJ05
Fledgling
Posts: 234
Joined: Apr 29th, 2006, 11:19 pm

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by TJ05 »

foenix wrote: Oct 30th, 2021, 11:07 am
rustled wrote: Oct 30th, 2021, 11:01 am
The requirement may be challenged in court. Which will have additional consequences for the government - ergo, for the taxpayers - ergo, for us.

Subjecting health care workers to termination regardless of their skillset when the greater risk they pose hasn't been adequately demonstrated - and when there is a more effective solution for preventing transmission in their workplace - may well cost us more than a few health care workers.

IMO it is far more reasonable and far more logical to challenge unfair practices prior to litigation. It's also far more humane.
Ummm......we're still in a Pandemic and the reason it's not worse is because of thing like the vaccine, masks, social distancing, etc.

Hard times calls for hard decisions.
Thats really worked in the LTC homes hasn't it?
LordEd
Guru
Posts: 9164
Joined: Apr 3rd, 2008, 9:22 am

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by LordEd »

TJ05 wrote: Nov 1st, 2021, 1:28 am
I dont need your so called vaccine. I trust my immunity over taking a risk of dying or being injured. Anyone that thinks they need it, when the survival rate is very high is stupid.
No you don't trust your immune system. The vaccine is simply a challenge test of this virus. If you're terrified by the prospect of a very limited amount of viral material in your system, then why do you think an uncontrolled amount of self replicating virus attacking your system will be better?
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
User avatar
Urban Cowboy
Guru
Posts: 9207
Joined: Apr 27th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by Urban Cowboy »

LordEd wrote: Nov 1st, 2021, 6:52 am
TJ05 wrote: Nov 1st, 2021, 1:28 am
I dont need your so called vaccine. I trust my immunity over taking a risk of dying or being injured. Anyone that thinks they need it, when the survival rate is very high is stupid.
No you don't trust your immune system. The vaccine is simply a challenge test of this virus. If you're terrified by the prospect of a very limited amount of viral material in your system, then why do you think an uncontrolled amount of self replicating virus attacking your system will be better?
:up: :up: :up:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

Return to “Health”