Vax Mandate

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
User avatar
Pappywinkle
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 12881
Joined: Nov 7th, 2019, 10:52 am

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by Pappywinkle »

rustled wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 2:51 pm My family thought the best way to protect the elderly in our family, too. Now, knowing so many people who are fully vaxxed who have caught covid and given it to others, they realize the vaccine's efficacy is far less than any of us had hoped - I doubt any of us would leap to the conclusion "80% chance I won't be able to catch it and give it to Gram", but perhaps we're overcautious. Couple that with the diminishing immunity and they have questions about how often the boosters will be required to give any sense that the vaccines can be trusted to provide reasonable protection for Grampa and Gramma.
Desperately clinging to the notion that the only reason to get vaccinated is to prevent "giving Gram" is either ignorant, obtuse, or both.

Try this: "Gram" being vaccinated may mean an 80-90% chance that Gram won't get seriously ill or need to be hospitalized if she catches covid.
User avatar
domain
Übergod
Posts: 1337
Joined: Sep 4th, 2013, 11:03 pm

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by domain »

Based on the 2016 Census:
- 35,151,728 people in Canada
- 5,014,425 people in Canada between 0 - 12 years old, (14.2% of total population)
- 30,137,303 people in Canada > 12 years old, (85.7% of total population)

Since the 'vax' mandate has not gotten 100% of the population > 12yrs old, there is still this pesky 5-10% of the >12yr old population that refuses to submit to the vaccine, which is insubordination towards government officials - unacceptable behavior.

The 0-12 year old crowd can be easily dealt with by requiring the vaccines for access to any school or childcare system. Further, pressure can be put onto unwilling parents by removing their childcare tax rebates, and any childcare related funding they receive. If that fails to get every eligible child injected from 5-12 (eventually down to 0), the next step can be to enforce the vaccine requirements by leveraging child services, and removing the child from the abusive (vaccine refusing) parents custody, and not returning the child to their custody until until 14 days after the 2nd (or 3rd depending on the vaccine manufacturers recommendation) injection into the child AND the parents have also received all of their injections.

As for the rest of the > 12 year old population, "What is to be done" with these insolent, science-denying, natural-immunity-obsessed 'individuals' who think they have the right to choose what happens to their body while expecting to keep their jobs and their ability to travel, sit down at a restaurant table, exercise indoors, attend group sports, etc? This level of hubris has never been paralleled in the history of science.

Maybe it is simply time for the government to take the gloves off and cleanse society of these remaining science-deniers in the population that refuses to be be injected. I think with 90-95% of the population > 12 years old in support of these vaccines and the mandates (as evidenced by their cooperation), society could forgive itself for letting the government do the right thing by simply eliminating the risk that these remaining science-deniers pose to the vaccinated majority, using any means at the governments disposal, even if temporary laws are required to protect the government from criminal charges.

Its been 19 months since the start of the pandemic and 2-weeks to flatten the curve, wash your hands, do your part, and with 90-95% of the eligible population vaccinated, we are still stuck with masks on our faces. This is because of the unvaccinated - it has always been because of the unvaccinated.

If this tiny minority group of natural-immunity obsessed individuals, who somehow managed to survive the deadliest pandemic the world has ever seen, and so far have survived the greatest discrimination against a group of people in a nation since 1930's Germany, thinks they can also survive a government mandate to cleanse society of all risks posed by non-believers of the vaccine, they are dead wrong.
The vaccine-free shall inherit the earth
Silverstarqueen
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 20806
Joined: Jul 22nd, 2012, 8:02 pm

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by Silverstarqueen »

It was not my assumption as to which daughter gave their Dad the virus. If it makes you feel better to change events to suit you, fill yer boots. They know which daughter because their dad got sick after one visited and not the other, one was sick and not the other. But that wouldn't make sense to you would it? No one else in his circle of contacts was infected.
Some people who are visiting or caring for the elderly are making efforts to keep them from getting infected, some families are not. Who pays the price? Maybe it was just luck eh, that we haven't infected any elderly or seniors in the extended family, and not the vaccines? The stats say differently that the people who have serious cases, are in hospital or ICU, are disproportionately unvaccinated.
I think "cleans" is a bit of an overstatement, for people who can get a vaccine if they badly want to enter a bar or restaurant or music festival. Since travel was one of the highest risk activities, it makes sense to restrict public travel situations if people are not vaccinated, they could spread their infection to so many, and inifections never be traceable. So they don't have to suffer this "cleansing" as you call it, they could just get the vaccine. If they have a good reason why not, let's have it.
rustled
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 16721
Joined: Dec 26th, 2010, 12:47 pm

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by rustled »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 3:04 pm It was not my assumption as to which daughter gave their Dad the virus. If it makes you feel better to change events to suit you, fill yer boots. They know which daughter because their dad got sick after one visited and not the other, one was sick and not the other. But that wouldn't make sense to you would it?
Either daughter makes sense to me, which is - I think - the point. You're quite certain of what you're quite certain of, as is your prerogative.
Silverstarqueen wrote:No one else in his circle of contacts was infected.
It's entirely possible you are right about who infected him. I suppose you might even know for sure whether or not the vaccinated daughter was tested for covid... and the rest of his circle of contacts.

Cuz again: we're told the vaccinated are less likely to be symptomatic, less likely to know they're ill, less likely to be home sick in bed etc. ...
Silverstarqueen wrote: Some people who are visiting or caring for the elderly are making efforts to keep them from getting infected, some families are not. Who pays the price? Maybe it was just luck eh, that we haven't infected any elderly or seniors in the extended family, and not the vaccines? The stats say differently that the people who have serious cases, are in hospital or ICU, are disproportionately unvaccinated.
Yup, that's who's most likely to end up with serious cases, in hospital or ICU (and not at work!) It's not necessarily, though, the unvaccinated who are disproportionately spreading it around.

We know the vaccinated are less symptomatic and therefore less likely to be aware they're infectious. Ignoring that reality just seems pointless to me.
Ideology...gives evil-doing its long-sought justification and gives the evildoer the necessary steadfastness and determination...[it] is the social theory which helps to make his actions seem good instead of bad in his own and others' eyes...
-Solzhenitsyn
Sparki55
Lord of the Board
Posts: 4827
Joined: Feb 24th, 2013, 1:38 pm

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by Sparki55 »

domain wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 3:01 pm Since the 'vax' mandate has not gotten 100% of the population > 12yrs old, there is still this pesky 5-10% of the >12yr old population that refuses to submit to the vaccine, which is insubordination towards government officials - unacceptable behavior.
So if the government told you tomorrow to kill your unvaccinated neighbor and you refused, you are also insubordinate towards government officials... People have been defying government officials for adges, many of those you would agree with today and not call unacceptable behavior. I think of slavery, abortion, rights to vote, etc.
domain wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 3:01 pm If that fails to get every eligible child injected from 5-12 (eventually down to 0), the next step can be to enforce the vaccine requirements by leveraging child services, and removing the child from the abusive (vaccine refusing) parents custody, and not returning the child to their custody until until 14 days after the 2nd (or 3rd depending on the vaccine manufacturers recommendation) injection into the child AND the parents have also received all of their injections.
So first you hurt the child by refusing school, next you remove children from parents on the basis they are unfit to parent when refusing a vaccine for a virus that has almost no chance of death for their age range. :200:
domain wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 3:01 pm Maybe it is simply time for the government to take the gloves off and cleanse society of these remaining science-deniers in the population that refuses to be be injected. I think with 90-95% of the population > 12 years old in support of these vaccines and the mandates (as evidenced by their cooperation), society could forgive itself for letting the government do the right thing by simply eliminating the risk that these remaining science-deniers pose to the vaccinated majority, using any means at the governments disposal, even if temporary laws are required to protect the government from criminal charges.
Wow... I no longer have words. Guess you're preparing for all-out war...
domain wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 3:01 pm If this tiny minority group of natural-immunity obsessed individuals, who somehow managed to survive the deadliest pandemic the world has ever seen, and so far have survived the greatest discrimination against a group of people in a nation since 1930's Germany, thinks they can also survive a government mandate to cleanse society of all risks posed by non-believers of the vaccine, they are dead wrong.
This isn't the deadliest pandemic the world has ever seen. More false facts... Maybe google that?

Clearly, you've been duped by media or this is satire?
rustled
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 16721
Joined: Dec 26th, 2010, 12:47 pm

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by rustled »

Sparki55 wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 3:37 pm
domain wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 3:01 pm Since the 'vax' mandate has not gotten 100% of the population > 12yrs old, there is still this pesky 5-10% of the >12yr old population that refuses to submit to the vaccine, which is insubordination towards government officials - unacceptable behavior.
So if the government told you tomorrow to kill your unvaccinated neighbor and you refused, you are also insubordinate towards government officials... People have been defying government officials for adges, many of those you would agree with today and not call unacceptable behavior. I think of slavery, abortion, rights to vote, etc.
domain wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 3:01 pm If that fails to get every eligible child injected from 5-12 (eventually down to 0), the next step can be to enforce the vaccine requirements by leveraging child services, and removing the child from the abusive (vaccine refusing) parents custody, and not returning the child to their custody until until 14 days after the 2nd (or 3rd depending on the vaccine manufacturers recommendation) injection into the child AND the parents have also received all of their injections.
So first you hurt the child by refusing school, next you remove children from parents on the basis they are unfit to parent when refusing a vaccine for a virus that has almost no chance of death for their age range. :200:
domain wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 3:01 pm Maybe it is simply time for the government to take the gloves off and cleanse society of these remaining science-deniers in the population that refuses to be be injected. I think with 90-95% of the population > 12 years old in support of these vaccines and the mandates (as evidenced by their cooperation), society could forgive itself for letting the government do the right thing by simply eliminating the risk that these remaining science-deniers pose to the vaccinated majority, using any means at the governments disposal, even if temporary laws are required to protect the government from criminal charges.
Wow... I no longer have words. Guess you're preparing for all-out war...
domain wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 3:01 pm If this tiny minority group of natural-immunity obsessed individuals, who somehow managed to survive the deadliest pandemic the world has ever seen, and so far have survived the greatest discrimination against a group of people in a nation since 1930's Germany, thinks they can also survive a government mandate to cleanse society of all risks posed by non-believers of the vaccine, they are dead wrong.
This isn't the deadliest pandemic the world has ever seen. More false facts... Maybe google that?

Clearly, you've been duped by media or this is satire?
It was satire. Kind of like Animal Farm...
Ideology...gives evil-doing its long-sought justification and gives the evildoer the necessary steadfastness and determination...[it] is the social theory which helps to make his actions seem good instead of bad in his own and others' eyes...
-Solzhenitsyn
Sparki55
Lord of the Board
Posts: 4827
Joined: Feb 24th, 2013, 1:38 pm

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by Sparki55 »

rustled wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 3:39 pm It was satire. Kind of like Animal Farm...
Thanks! That one was hard for me until I got to the bottom.

Good one domain lol.

Spot on for where this is about to go and get ugly.
rustled
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 16721
Joined: Dec 26th, 2010, 12:47 pm

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by rustled »

Sparki55 wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 3:44 pm
rustled wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 3:39 pm It was satire. Kind of like Animal Farm...
Thanks! That one was hard for me until I got to the bottom.

Good one domain lol.

Spot on for where this is about to go and get ugly.
Yup!
Ideology...gives evil-doing its long-sought justification and gives the evildoer the necessary steadfastness and determination...[it] is the social theory which helps to make his actions seem good instead of bad in his own and others' eyes...
-Solzhenitsyn
barianqueen
Banned
Posts: 649
Joined: May 2nd, 2020, 3:45 pm

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by barianqueen »

Pappywinkle wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 2:58 pm Try this: "Gram" being vaccinated may mean an 80-90% chance that Gram won't get seriously ill or need to be hospitalized if she catches covid.
Exactly!!!!!

I really don't see why it's so difficult to comprehend the effectiveness of the vaccine. Vaccinated people are substantially less likely to require invasive hospital care which is precisely why the mandate is in effect. Hospitals won't be as clogged with Covid patients, workplaces will be safer, and "Gram" will stand a significantly better chance of surviving. This isn't rocket science.
foenix
Guru
Posts: 7334
Joined: Mar 30th, 2020, 1:30 pm

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by foenix »

rustled wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 3:29 pm
Cuz again: we're told the vaccinated are less likely to be symptomatic, less likely to know they're ill, less likely to be home sick in bed etc. ...

We know the vaccinated are less symptomatic and therefore less likely to be aware they're infectious. Ignoring that reality just seems pointless to me.
You forgot the part about the asymptotic vaxxed are less likely to transmit because they usually have less viral loads, isn't that why they are asymptomatic.

Of course, this too.......
People who are vaccinated against Covid-19 are less likely to spread the virus even if they become infected, a new study finds, adding to a growing body of evidence that vaccines can reduce transmission of the delta variant.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-n ... s-n1280583
User avatar
domain
Übergod
Posts: 1337
Joined: Sep 4th, 2013, 11:03 pm

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by domain »

rustled wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 3:51 pm
Sparki55 wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 3:44 pm

Thanks! That one was hard for me until I got to the bottom.

Good one domain lol.

Spot on for where this is about to go and get ugly.
Yup!
While I posted this as satire, an uncomfortable fraction of what I wrote has already occurred, while another fraction has a reasonable possibility of occurring (children).

The likelihood of the remaining non-fiction depends whether or not the "vaccinated majority", aka the mob, decide to extricate their craniums from their rectums. Plenty disagree, but would rather ignore what is going on, which is typical when the population of the mistreated minority gets small enough.

Did you know that during the 1930's, that Jews made up only 1.7% of the population in Europe? Laws were made to legalize persecution, discrimination, confiscation and abuse towards that minority as well. Then they were subject to extermination, and luckily for the survivors, there were brave people left in the world who knew right from wrong.
The vaccine-free shall inherit the earth
rustled
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 16721
Joined: Dec 26th, 2010, 12:47 pm

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by rustled »

domain wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 4:03 pm
rustled wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 3:51 pm

Yup!
While I posted this as satire, an uncomfortable fraction of what I wrote has already occurred, while another fraction has a reasonable possibility of occurring (children).

The likelihood of the remaining non-fiction depends whether or not the "vaccinated majority", aka the mob, decide to extricate their craniums from their rectums. Plenty disagree, but would rather ignore what is going on, which is typical when the population of the mistreated minority gets small enough.

Did you know that during the 1930's, that Jews made up only 1.7% of the population in Europe? Laws were made to legalize persecution, discrimination, confiscation and abuse towards that minority as well. Then they were subject to extermination, and luckily for the survivors, there were brave people left in the world who knew right from wrong.
Yes, I've been watching the parallels and similarities between the current scapegoating of the unvaccinated and previous examples of entire societies' complicity in scapegoating: the Roma, the "witches", etc. We really haven't evolved much, have we? Fear and ignorance still drive the masses to do things they ought not be proud of.
Ideology...gives evil-doing its long-sought justification and gives the evildoer the necessary steadfastness and determination...[it] is the social theory which helps to make his actions seem good instead of bad in his own and others' eyes...
-Solzhenitsyn
LordEd
Guru
Posts: 7674
Joined: Apr 3rd, 2008, 9:22 am

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by LordEd »

rustled wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 4:10 pm Fear and ignorance still drive the masses to do things they ought not be proud of.
Some of them seem extremely proud of their behavior and post it on youtube or bitchute. Plenty having their fun attacking teenage store clerks.

Less proud, but still loving the attention I wager:

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/3 ... ior#350427

Anti-vax and racism go hand in hand. *removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 2nd, 2021, 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack
Welcome to Conspiracy III. Because globalists killing everyone is a "health" topic.

Never forgot those who desecrated veterans on November 11th and their supporters.
rustled
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 16721
Joined: Dec 26th, 2010, 12:47 pm

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by rustled »

*removed response to deleted part of post*
Last edited by rustled on Nov 2nd, 2021, 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ideology...gives evil-doing its long-sought justification and gives the evildoer the necessary steadfastness and determination...[it] is the social theory which helps to make his actions seem good instead of bad in his own and others' eyes...
-Solzhenitsyn
User avatar
domain
Übergod
Posts: 1337
Joined: Sep 4th, 2013, 11:03 pm

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by domain »

It has been approximately 80-90 years since the last set of horrors to plague the western world.

All new people today, the oldest with recollection essentially gone (and ignored).

History no longer taught as a reminder.

New (old) mistakes to be repeated.
The vaccine-free shall inherit the earth

Return to “Health”