Vax Mandate

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Sparki55
Guru

Re: Vax Mandate

Post by Sparki55 »

TheLiteralKingofEngland wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 4:41 pm ^You’d be free to participate in all these activities if you’d spend 20 minutes one day to get vaccinated.
Justified by "doing your part for society".

People have died by taking the vaccine. It's a small percentage and you have a better chance of being hit by lighting, but it has happened.

Anyway, this is getting pointless. Be on the side of forced vaccines if you wish.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

juts like forcing vaccines on people
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
domain
Übergod

Post by domain »

TheLiteralKingofEngland wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 4:54 pm
domain wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 4:51 pm

I like that you defend a discriminatory policy against your fellow Canadians, it highlights the issue at hand.
Why is it a discriminatory policy? I've never seen a single argument that makes a lick of sense. People don't have the right to purposely endanger the lives of others.
How can a healthy person endanger the life of someone else?

Here, I have made a flowchart to help you with your logic:
VaxLogic.PNG
With honesty and integrity.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

rustled wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 3:29 pm
Silverstarqueen wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 3:04 pm It was not my assumption as to which daughter gave their Dad the virus. If it makes you feel better to change events to suit you, fill yer boots. They know which daughter because their dad got sick after one visited and not the other, one was sick and not the other. But that wouldn't make sense to you would it?
Either daughter makes sense to me, which is - I think - the point. You're quite certain of what you're quite certain of, as is your prerogative.
Silverstarqueen wrote:No one else in his circle of contacts was infected.
It's entirely possible you are right about who infected him. I suppose you might even know for sure whether or not the vaccinated daughter was tested for covid... and the rest of his circle of contacts.

Cuz again: we're told the vaccinated are less likely to be symptomatic, less likely to know they're ill, less likely to be home sick in bed etc. ...
Silverstarqueen wrote: Some people who are visiting or caring for the elderly are making efforts to keep them from getting infected, some families are not. Who pays the price? Maybe it was just luck eh, that we haven't infected any elderly or seniors in the extended family, and not the vaccines? The stats say differently that the people who have serious cases, are in hospital or ICU, are disproportionately unvaccinated.
Yup, that's who's most likely to end up with serious cases, in hospital or ICU (and not at work!) It's not necessarily, though, the unvaccinated who are disproportionately spreading it around.

We know the vaccinated are less symptomatic and therefore less likely to be aware they're infectious. Ignoring that reality just seems pointless to me.
You stick to that tune, if you like it so well. If one (vaccinated) daughter visits and Dad does not get sick, other daughter (Unvaccinated)visits and Dad gets sick, you have to believe it was the vaccinated daughter against all logic. Just one more example of how fiercely some people will deny reality to support their misconceptions.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 5:05 pm
Either daughter makes sense to me, which is - I think - the point. You're quite certain of what you're quite certain of, as is your prerogative.

It's entirely possible you are right about who infected him. I suppose you might even know for sure whether or not the vaccinated daughter was tested for covid... and the rest of his circle of contacts.

Cuz again: we're told the vaccinated are less likely to be symptomatic, less likely to know they're ill, less likely to be home sick in bed etc. ...

Yup, that's who's most likely to end up with serious cases, in hospital or ICU (and not at work!) It's not necessarily, though, the unvaccinated who are disproportionately spreading it around.

We know the vaccinated are less symptomatic and therefore less likely to be aware they're infectious. Ignoring that reality just seems pointless to me.
You stick to that tune, if you like it so well. If one (vaccinated) daughter visits and Dad does not get sick, other daughter (Unvaccinated)visits and Dad gets sick, you have to believe it was the vaccinated daughter against all logic. Just one more example of how fiercely some people will deny reality to support their misconceptions.
fact'vaccinated also spread covid
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

domain wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 4:19 pm It has been approximately 80-90 years since the last set of horrors to plague the western world.

All new people today, the oldest with recollection essentially gone (and ignored).

History no longer taught as a reminder.

New (old) mistakes to be repeated.
More recently, we had the scapegoating of McCarthyism with the Red Scare.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

domain wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 4:36 pm
PoplarSoul wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 4:25 pm
Are you seriously comparing yourself to the 1930's European Jews?
Yes.
I can't fly, or take a passenger train.
If you took a moment to search, you would see that life as an unvaccinated person in Canada has more in common with Jews in early 30's Eastern Europe than a modern day western nation.

If the Jews could have acquired full rights by getting a vaccine like every other citizen, they would have. If someone has a religious exemption for the vaccine, or a medical one, they have a good reason for it. You are not being put in a concentration camp and gassed for the sake of a vaccine. There is no comparison, and trying to make the comparison makes those doing it look really ignorant.
domain
Übergod

Post by domain »

TheLiteralKingofEngland wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 5:08 pm
domain wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 4:59 pm How can a healthy person endanger the life of someone else?
^This question has been addressed soooo many times. We all know how infectious Covid is and how it's transmitted. I really don't understand why the same questions are repeatedly asked and then people repeatedly state that their rights are being tramples and on and on the merry-go-round goes.

I'm surprised anti-vaxxers aren't upset they can't drink and drive or carry a gun around or use a flamethrower to light their cigarettes instead of a lighter. Where's all the "but my rights!!!!" attitude with everything else?
Because people who believe that they have a right to decide if they get injected or not, without conditions being placed on their other rights, are not irrational people. It is only those psychopaths who think that others should do what they think is right for them, would assume otherwise, and would end up being the irrational ones.

Only one group of people are advocating for other people to violate their bodily autonomy or else suffer the consequences for not complying with those demands. Sadly, it appears to not be a minority who 'think' this way, and that doesn't bode well for the future of everyone.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 5:05 pm

LOL. I've never denied the unvaccinated daughter may have been the source of her father's infection, but here you've laid it out that she visited her father and got sick - wrong way round.

It's completely illogical to deny the possibility the vaccinated daughter could have been the source of her father's infection, unless she was tested daily?

It seems to me fiercely denying reality to stick to a tune is in the eye of the beholder, here. I'm comfortable with the possibility he got it from either daughter - and I'm not comfortable with blaming either of them for his death.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
WESTman
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by WESTman »

^This question has been addressed soooo many times. We all know how infectious Covid is and how it's transmitted. I really don't understand why the same questions are repeatedly asked and then people repeatedly state that their rights are being tramples and on and on the merry-go-round goes.

I'm surprised anti-vaxxers aren't upset they can't drink and drive or carry a gun around or use a flamethrower to light their cigarettes instead of a lighter. Where's all the "but my rights!!!!" attitude with everything else?
If its so infectious, a lot of the unvaxxed will have acquired natural immunity by now.
"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind".
~C. S. Lewis
domain
Übergod

Post by domain »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 5:17 pm
Yes.
I can't fly, or take a passenger train.
If you took a moment to search, you would see that life as an unvaccinated person in Canada has more in common with Jews in early 30's Eastern Europe than a modern day western nation.

If the Jews could have acquired full rights by getting a vaccine like every other citizen, they would have. If someone has a religious exemption for the vaccine, or a medical one, they have a good reason for it. You are not being put in a concentration camp and gassed for the sake of a vaccine. There is no comparison, and trying to make the comparison makes those doing it look really ignorant.

I don't have to respond to this post. It says all that is needed to be said on its own.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

domain wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 5:20 pm
TheLiteralKingofEngland wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 5:08 pm

Because people who believe that they have a right to decide if they get injected or not, without conditions being placed on their other rights, are not irrational people. It is only those psychopaths who think that others should do what they think is right for them, would assume otherwise, and would end up being the irrational ones.

Only one group of people are advocating for other people to violate their bodily autonomy or else suffer the consequences for not complying with those demands. Sadly, it appears to not be a minority who 'think' this way, and that doesn't bode well for the future of everyone.
It's going to be interesting to look back on this current era of scapegoating for non-conformity, responding out of fear and ignorance, and those promoting mob mentality.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

WESTman wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 5:20 pm

If its so infectious, a lot of the unvaxxed will have acquired natural immunity by now.
And many have not yet. People are still getting infected and still turning up in hospital. So they need to stop that.
two
Fledgling

Post by two »

Increases in COVID‑19 are unrelated to levels of vaccination across 68
countries and 2947 counties in the United States
https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/1 ... 0808-7.pdf
I may not agree with what you say but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. -- Voltaire
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

PoplarSoul wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 4:25 pm Are you seriously comparing yourself to the 1930's European Jews?
Yes.
Imagine being so privileged that the most oppressed you’ve ever felt is being offered a life-saving vaccine, for free, specifically designed to keep you and your family safe.

Return to “Health”