Flags at half mast

luckyd

Flags at half mast

Post by luckyd »

Nov. 11....We have always honored our fallen.

We need to wake up and realize that Canada is made up of many different peoples and cultures.
We should all be treated as equals and given the same recognition.
Why have the flags been half mast since May? We do not do that for the soldiers.
Many of the fallen were indigenous people, along with many other races, and yes, including
the white people that occupy Canada.

Lets quit all of this division, and recognize each other as equal
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Re: Flags at half mast

Post by Catsumi »

Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

I can be a wordy son of a gun...

:swear:

No Words !
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

luckyd wrote: Nov 3rd, 2021, 9:01 pm Nov. 11....We have always honored our fallen.

We need to wake up and realize that Canada is made up of many different peoples and cultures.
We should all be treated as equals and given the same recognition.
Why have the flags been half mast since May? We do not do that for the soldiers.
Many of the fallen were indigenous people, along with many other races, and yes, including
the white people that occupy Canada.

Lets quit all of this division, and recognize each other as equal
How does this hurt you? In what way? Fly them half mast forever.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Catsumi wrote: Nov 3rd, 2021, 9:50 pm The lunacy continues.

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/ ... ent-source
From your article:
Trudeau told reporters during the recent election campaign that flags would remain at half-mast “until it is clear that Indigenous peoples are happy to raise them again.”
Seriously? :135:
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

So if we raise the flags and then lower them we will be allowing the indigenous to play the victim card. If we just leave them lowered, we will allow the veterans to play the victim card. So maybe we should raise the flags really quickly, and maybe do it overnight when few people are looking, and then lower them in the morning. Or just say that we raised them and leave them lowered.

See? Anything will allow some people to play the victim card, and it looks ridiculous.
Beerhunter341
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Beerhunter341 »

bob vernon wrote: Nov 3rd, 2021, 10:35 pm So if we raise the flags and then lower them we will be allowing the indigenous to play the victim card. If we just leave them lowered, we will allow the veterans to play the victim card. So maybe we should raise the flags really quickly, and maybe do it overnight when few people are looking, and then lower them in the morning. Or just say that we raised them and leave them lowered.

See? Anything will allow some people to play the victim card, and it looks ridiculous.
Or raise them and keep them raised and lower them on Remembrance day and again on National Day for Truth and Reconciliation. Seems pointless to leave them at half mast as it devalues the meaning.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Beerhunter341 wrote: Nov 4th, 2021, 3:30 am
bob vernon wrote: Nov 3rd, 2021, 10:35 pm So if we raise the flags and then lower them we will be allowing the indigenous to play the victim card. If we just leave them lowered, we will allow the veterans to play the victim card. So maybe we should raise the flags really quickly, and maybe do it overnight when few people are looking, and then lower them in the morning. Or just say that we raised them and leave them lowered.

Or raise them and keep them raised and lower them on Remembrance day and again on National Day for Truth and Reconciliation. Seems pointless to leave them at half mast as it devalues the meaning.
:up: :up:
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

I'm guessing they will be raised before Remembrance day.

But it is funny to see supporters of the party that slashed funding for veterans and closed veterans offices suddenly feigning concern for veterans.

I'm sure many veterans aren't all that concerned about how high the flags are flying.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

crookedmember wrote: Nov 4th, 2021, 8:07 am I'm guessing they will be raised before Remembrance day.

But it is funny to see supporters of the party that slashed funding for veterans and closed veterans offices suddenly feigning concern for veterans.

I agree. The Liberals are such hypocrites.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

crookedmember wrote: Nov 4th, 2021, 8:07 am I'm guessing they will be raised before Remembrance day.
From article:
The government will raise the Maple Leaf on federal buildings in time for them to be lowered to half-mast to honour Canada’s war dead on Remembrance Day, according to a senior Liberal source.
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
Beerhunter341
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Beerhunter341 »

PoplarSoul wrote: Nov 4th, 2021, 8:11 am
From article:
The government will raise the Maple Leaf on federal buildings in time for them to be lowered to half-mast to honour Canada’s war dead on Remembrance Day, according to a senior Liberal source.
The question I guess is, will they be raised again afterwards?
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

Beerhunter341 wrote: Nov 4th, 2021, 8:12 am The question I guess is, will they be raised again afterwards?
Wait and see I guess.
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

Beerhunter341 wrote: Nov 4th, 2021, 8:12 am

The question I guess is, will they be raised again afterwards?
Who cares? How does it affect you?
All posts 100% moderator approved!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

crookedmember wrote: Nov 4th, 2021, 8:15 am [

Who cares? How does it affect you?
It's our flag. We all care. Saying who cares is just apologist nonsense.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson

Return to “Canada”