Virus outbreak at 2 schools

Keepingit4real
Fledgling

Virus outbreak at 2 schools

Post by Keepingit4real »

Private Christian Schools seem to be hot spots.
Wonder why
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Virus outbreak at 2 schools

Post by OKkayak »

God will protect me.
Medicine is from Satan himself.
Its the Mark of the Beast.
These are the End Times, the Rapture is near.
Keepingit4real
Fledgling

Post by Keepingit4real »

OKkayak wrote: Nov 4th, 2021, 9:28 pm God will protect me.
Medicine is from Satan himself.
Its the Mark of the Beast.
These are the End Times, the Rapture is near.
Or they have a tight social group?
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Keepingit4real wrote: Nov 4th, 2021, 10:10 pm have a tight social group?
That is their social group. Like many groups of people with similar faith or beliefs, they tend to socialize within that group, seeing that they share the same faith or beliefs.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

This is just a question. It is not intended to be an assault or insulting.

What does a person with strong religious beliefs say or do when god doesn't protect them after they have told those around them that he/she will? Does it change their way of thinking or is it simply to be accepted?
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

mexi cali wrote: Nov 5th, 2021, 8:47 am This is just a question. It is not intended to be an assault or insulting.

What does a person with strong religious beliefs say or do when god doesn't protect them after they have told those around them that he/she will? Does it change their way of thinking or is it simply to be accepted?
i would tell them that God didnt promise to protect them from harm in the first place. In fact the Bible says the opposite that things happen that are bad to good people and good things happen to bad people. Ecl 9:11 But i expect most Christians dont really know the Bible very well anyways so they will just imagine what it says.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

mexi cali wrote: Nov 5th, 2021, 8:47 am This is just a question. It is not intended to be an assault or insulting.

I grew up in the Church, my parents were extremely religious, my mom more so. If someone gets sick, then the praying and healing hands start, casting out the devil, if they die, well, then it was part of God's Plan. Every church is different, some embrace medical care, others don't really care either way and others are dead set against it. For most of my life, my mom was dead set against medical care, vaccines, etc., everything was the work of the Devil and God will protect us, pray, pray, pray, because the Church told her so. It took a close call for her to finally realize how wrong she was, and that medical care was God's way of protecting us.

Each Church is different, and the congregation comes and goes, as do the pastors, and the way they interact with each other is heavily dependent on that. I've seen churches cast members out for owning a Mercedes because that doesn't fit their interpretation of the Word of God. Same with medical care, if you start believing in medical care, taking it or spreading your viewpoints on it, some pastors will have a meeting with you, and in some cases, will no longer welcome you to their Church and if you do get kicked out, some of your friends will choose to remain friends with you and others will avoid you.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

I too have acquaintances that were brought up the same way as you, Okkayak.

One never can be sure if it is appropriate to feel sorry for them or just accept them for who and what they are.

The best way to handle conversations was to avoid the “wall between us” so that both parties could enjoy converse for a time. Of course, in “time” the lines were firmly drawn and fellowship and friendship died.

How does one accept that your friend ceased to see her daughter simply because she chose to shun her for marrying outside the church beliefs, or that another, that ceases to communicate in a meaningful way because her church pals are more in alignment with her own beliefs.

You are toast.

Maybe Chris Hitchen’s book exploring these conundrums that Religion Spoils Everything is a manual for dealing with those caught up in church doctrine.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Keepingit4real
Fledgling

Post by Keepingit4real »

As Jesus said when asked if the son of God should pay the head tax (aka GST)
“Pay Caesar’s things to Caesar, but God’s thing’s to God.
Obey your local authority where it does not conflict with God’s principles
Not man made doctrines.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Whatever happens, good, bad, or indifferent ..... it happened because it was part of god's plan.

If someone dies prematurely, it is because they are needed somewhere else in god's plan.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

It was my fault, although you could blame interior health. My vaccinated neighbor watched my youngest child three weeks ago and gave him Covid.

Because of interior health rules, my neighbor was allowed to keep working at the daycare even though she was exposed multiple times to children with Covid. By contrast, her coworker who is not vaccinated had to self isolate for 10 days from everyone.

Because she was vaccinated, our neighbor was convinced it was just a cold, so when my older son who goes to one of those schools got sick, he spread it to many of his classmates.

The school goes down to kindergarten, and it was these young grades where the virus really spread, both because they're too young for the vaccine and because they're always touching everything and putting fingers in mouth.

At this point they decided to shut down for two weeks to have a circuit breaker.

BTW, many if not most daycares in the north Okanagan have also been shutdown at least once since September because of Covid. The virus is really hitting the young this year.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I believe you're talking about the so called "word of Faith" doctrine which basically teaches that God gives people special favor if they ask for it. The vast majority of Christians, including Hey Zeus himself rejects this teaching.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “North Okanagan”