Reform/Progressive Conservative crack forms

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Reform/Progressive Conservative crack forms

Post by Glacier »

I know nothing about his past and not a lot about him in general, but I can use logic.

When people who would never vote for party X can't stop talking about how dude Y would destroy party X there's only one logical conclusion. When people who want party X destroyed get upset that party X is thinking about choosing dude Y, it logically follows that people actually think dude Y would be good for party X and therefore bad for the party they support.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

Yes, we've spent the last five years mocking Andy and O'Toole because we're scared of them. That must be it.

Pierre is a lot like Andy. A lifetime politician with very little education who has never held a real job.

Except PP also has a problem with the lady folk.
Last edited by ferri on Nov 6th, 2021, 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Juvenile nicknames removed.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

People who don't want the conservative party to win would get excited when the conservatives choose someone who will lose, and get upset when people start wanting to choose a person who would beat the Liberals.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

bob vernon wrote: Nov 5th, 2021, 6:49 pm Many Conservatives think that Poilievre is the perfect attack dog to run against the Liberals. Until they get told about his past in the city of Ottawa.
The only thing I remember about him is when he wore a Conservative Party t-shirt to a government event to promote the increased Universal Child Care Benefit. That's a big no no.
Every time I hear his name I think of Pierre Poutine. I don't know why.
He holds a bachelor of arts degree.
Many conservative posters here make fun of arts degree.
But it's ok for him though.
Go Pierre Go!
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

Glacier wrote: Nov 6th, 2021, 12:37 am I know nothing about his past and not a lot about him in general, but I can use logic.

When people who would never vote for party X can't stop talking about how dude Y would destroy party X there's only one logical conclusion. When people who want party X destroyed get upset that party X is thinking about choosing dude Y, it logically follows that people actually think dude Y would be good for party X and therefore bad for the party they support.
The thing is, I don't think many of us who would never vote for the CPC party X want to actually see it destroyed. I think most of us care about whether or not there's a robust opposition and who the leader of the opposition is. It's an important part of government. And, if by some miracle, the CPC party X gets it's poop in a group and gets itself elected, it's in all our interest that the leader isn't a total schmuck.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

I don't want to see the Conservative party destroyed. Just split. Split real good.
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

I wouldn't mind a healthy conservative party. As long as it isn't one that is authoritarian and corrupt. And if the rebuttal is back against the Liberals - whatever happened to be the better party? I think conservatives would be more viable if they actually showed a willingness to be a party of integrity. But every single Canadian knows that isn't possible. Especially when Pierre is thrown out there as a possibility to fix the conservative woes.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

bob vernon wrote: Nov 6th, 2021, 12:07 pm I don't want to see the Conservative party destroyed. Just split. Split real good.
Kind of like the '90s?
- Douglas Murray
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Catri wrote: Nov 6th, 2021, 11:53 amThe thing is, I don't think many of us who would never vote for the CPC party X want to actually see it destroyed. I think most of us care about whether or not there's a robust opposition and who the leader of the opposition is. It's an important part of government. And, if by some miracle, the CPC party X gets it's poop in a group and gets itself elected, it's in all our interest that the leader isn't a total schmuck.
In a perfect world that's the way it should be, governing party and opposition working together to figure out what's best for the country. We don't have that, and Pierre Poilievre is not the one who will take the CPC in that direction. He's a far right, in-your-face attack-ad camera hound. One that will appeal to a lot of voters who lack the depth to see beyond "Let's get him!" and that's is a sad statement on today's society.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

Poilievre may be the obvious choice when O'Toole finally sees the writing on the wall. The Conservatives have a history of electing the least likeable person possible, and Pigeon certainly fits the bill. Few folks are as obnoxious as PeePee.

The fact that he's never held a real job, and the other fact most Starbucks baristas have more education than Pierre is just icing on the soggy CPC cake.

It's interesting that it's not the Liberals destroying the CPC. The CPC is destroying itself from within.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

fluffy wrote: Nov 7th, 2021, 5:49 amIn a perfect world that's the way it should be, governing party and opposition working together to figure out what's best for the country. We don't have that, and Pierre Poilievre is not the one who will take the CPC in that direction. He's a far right, in-your-face attack-ad camera hound. One that will appeal to a lot of voters who lack the depth to see beyond "Let's get him!" and that's is a sad statement on today's society.
Great point. That's why the NDP has proven to be a better opposition than the cons. They have lobbied on behalf of Canadians for things that will help those people. The cons have been blinded by Trudeau and the PMO who has wiped the floor 3 times in elections.
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

crookedmember wrote: Nov 7th, 2021, 8:57 am Pigeon Poilievre may be the obvious choice when Iffy O'Toole finally sees the writing on the wall. The Conservatives have a history of electing the least likeable person possible, and Pigeon certainly fits the bill. Few folks are as obnoxious as PeePee.

The fact that he's never held a real job, and the other fact most Starbucks baristas have more education than Pierre is just icing on the soggy CPC cake.

It's interesting that it's not the Liberals destroying the CPC. The CPC is destroying itself from within.
Unfortunately for Canadians the ineptitude of the con brass will mean that there will be someone like Youngkin who will put on a sheep's clothing and get elected by whipping up social hysteria and then bait and switch.

That was what disturbed me about he who shall not be named before he lost. Everything was religious baiting about muslims and cultural garments like nijabs. All this noise propaganda made a mentally ill man kill someone at an Ottawa monument and plan to attack the house. Where was nameless when that happened? In a broom closet while a geriatric sergeant of arms shot and killed the guy.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Nov 7th, 2021, 4:36 pm That's why the NDP has proven to be a better opposition than the cons. They have lobbied on behalf of Canadians for things that will help those people. The cons have been blinded by Trudeau and the PMO who has wiped the floor 3 times in elections.
The CPC loves to say that Mr. Singh is Trudeau's handpuppet when actually he has found ways to benefit both his party and the Liberals at the same time in issues where they have common ground. The CPC doesn't play like that, they're all about gaining power, and are even willing to fight themselves to do so.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion ... ptain-now/

"On Erin O’Toole’s HMCS Conservative, who’s the captain now?"

SNIP

"Is this what we could expect from a Conservative government – that a minority of its own MPs would force the majority to bend to the anti-vaccination fringe?"

SNIP

"And now the “highlighting the reasons we lost the election caucus” is keeping the issue alive and making life difficult for Mr. O’Toole – to the point that he has made few recent public appearances, apparently in order to avoid being asked by reporters what’s going on, and whether he’s the captain of the ship, or Captain Phillips."

SNIP

"And now, as he tries to prepare for the return of Parliament, a group of rebel Tory MPs is choosing not to focus on the postpandemic recovery or other pressing matters, but on irresponsible fringe opinions not shared by the vast majority of Canadians.

What a gift to Mr. Trudeau. He didn’t get the majority he wanted, but he did get a fractured Official Opposition whose caucus contains its own internal Official Opposition. Christmas has come early to Rideau Cottage."

Erin O'Toole as Captain Phillips? HMCS Conservative as the Exxon Valdez?

In reality those descriptions would better suit Jason Kenney and the "Drunks on the Terrace" UCP. Certainly the drunk at the helm part.

However, from Derek Sloan to Cathay Wagantall to Marilyn Gladu, the politically toxic spills just keep on happening. Even do nothings like Tracy Gray cause problems for the leaking and rusty old hulk of the CPC by consistently voting against directions that 60-90% of Canadians want.

Therein lies the problem. "Captain" O'Toole says "steer course 186" and the factionalized groups of cranks, crackpots, tin foil hats, bar stool philosophers, and lunchroom lawyers tries to pull the helm elsewhere, shouting him down with "no, steer 022", "no steer 340", "no steer 081" - and the Exxon Valdez just keeps on heading straight for the reef...

I honestly think that if Peter MacKay restarted the federal PCs that he and the PCs would have a far better chance of forming government and actually doing something useful for Canada. And that is the heart of the matter, MacKay should never have sold out the PCs to Harper's bogus Alliance.

But instead we are stuck with an alliance of cranks, crackpots, tin foil hats, bar stool philosophers and lunchroom lawyers that accomplishes nothing except to gum up the works.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

fluffy wrote: Nov 7th, 2021, 5:40 pm
The CPC loves to say that Mr. Singh is Trudeau's handpuppet
I don't know if the "CPC" or anyone else loves saying this, it's just what it is, as Jagmeet is horribly spineless. Justin didn't need to call an election because he had a jelly-spined sycophant ready to hop on board with every dumb and bad idea the Liberals could come up.
when actually he has found ways to benefit both his party and the Liberals at the same time
Unfortunately to the detriment of all Canadians.
The CPC doesn't play like that,
And thank goodness for that. We have ONE party willing to stand up to Leftist idiocy and tyrannical scum in the PMO. ONE. That's who is standing up for Canadians in the Parliament, while the rest bend over and take it from the horrible Liberals. Thank your CPC for that!
they're all about gaining power,
LOL - what naivete. And the Liberals and NDP aren't about gaining power? Give your head a shake. Our idiot PM just blew $600 million taxpayer dollars just to get clobbered at the polls again, after he thought he might get a majority. What a giant fool. And it's the CPC who is "all about gaining power"?? Seriously??
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson

Return to “Canada”