Got gout. You're in luck!

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
seahawks2884
Fledgling

Got gout. You're in luck!

Post by seahawks2884 »

Repurposed drugs that our ER Dr`s need to use!
https://www.icm-mhi.org/en/pressroom/ne ... plications
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGfD6BZFsN
Quote: Despite global efforts to identify effective therapies to combat COVID-19, to date there remain limited options supported by randomized clinical trial (RCT) data. In addition to antiviral agents, many novel anti-inflammatory agents, including interleukins 1 and 6, granulocyte macrophage colony stimulating factor, and C-C motif chemokine receptor 5 inhibitors, are being investigated in patients with COVID-19. However, many of these agents require intravenous administration in a hospital, are very expensive, do not have proven safety profiles, and are not widely available. Colchicine is an old anti-inflammatory drug derived from Colchicum autumnale that was used for joint swelling as early as 2000 bc and was first used to treat gout in the sixth century. It was initially approved by the US Food and Drug Administration in October 2009 for the treatment of gout and familial Mediterranean fever. Colchicine is a microtubule polymerization inhibitor and an inhibitor of interleukins 1 and 6, granulocyte macrophage colony stimulating factor, and the nucleotide-binding oligomerization leucine-rich repeat and pyrin domain (NLRP3) inflammasome, making it a potent anti-inflammatory agent.3 More recently, colchicine’s use in various cardiovascular conditions has been reported, including in the treatment of acute and recurrent pericarditis and postcardiotomy syndrome and for the reduction of major adverse cardiovascular events after acute myocardial infarction.4-6 Although dose adjustments are required for certain comorbidities and concomitant drugs, colchicine is well established, safe, cost-effective, widely available, and orally administered, making it an attractive potential therapeutic option for patients with COVID-19. Indeed, colchicine would be an important addition to the frontline therapeutic COVID-19 resources accessible to patients even in resource-poor regions where costly and/or experimental treatments may not be available.

More great news!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Got gout. You're in luck!

Post by Fancy »

Caution is needed before getting on the bandwagon.
https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines. ... olchicine/
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
seahawks2884
Fledgling

Post by seahawks2884 »

Caution? I have been on Colchicine for four years now as my gout treatment. All good and very safe drug track record. Please explain to me why we are not administering repurposed pharmaceutical drugs to treat anyone who is suffering from CV 19 in emergency? Yes this includes people who are jabbed. Does it all really come down to there is nothing better than the experimental gene therapy Mrna Pfiser J&J ect? Why does the JAMA bother doing these studies on Repurposed drugs such as colchicine and Fluvoxamine? Why have you not heard of these studies? It is time to ask lots of questions about the status quo treatment for CV 19 in any emergency room, Ventilators are our best option????? Church mice make more comments than this forum!
Since the 1930`s. FDA conclusion on colchicine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH0hmpT2zmo
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

seahawks2884 wrote: Nov 10th, 2021, 5:49 pm ... Please explain to me why we are not administering repurposed pharmaceutical drugs to treat anyone who is suffering from CV 19 in emergency? ...
Maybe because of reactions?
Two serious adverse events were attributed to colchicine: one case of severe acute kidney injury and one case of rhabdomyolysis.
seahawks2884
Fledgling

Post by seahawks2884 »

Fancy please watch the FDA video? They do a great job explaining how colchicine is now regulated for safety by the FDA. MAYBE someone could please explain to me why a proven treatment that reduces mortality in early CV 19 symptomatic patients is not being administered? We would have our hospital ICU ward in a much better place. God bless our nurses and Dr`s who absolutely need a break from treating CV patients. Can someone please explain to everyone WHY we don`t want save lives??? We should be using life saving repurposed drugs for CV 19????? YES!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
Last edited by seahawks2884 on Nov 10th, 2021, 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Better off just sticking to human version of ivermectin.

As for gout quit eating red meat.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
seahawks2884
Fledgling

Post by seahawks2884 »

I am now close to a vegetarian. Red meat eating was over a looooong time ago as well as any other high purine inducing foods. Do you have any comments on CV 19 repuposed drug treatments we are not using??
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

Reminds me of the old joke about the preacher's sermon about the evils of alcohol. He takes a wriggling earthworm and drops it into a glass of whisky. The worm immediately shrivels up and dies. When he asks his congregation what they learned from this, a drunk in the back yells out "If ya got worms, drink whisky!"

I think whisky may be a good treatment, before, during, and after the covid event. If you don't survive, the people at your wake can raise a glass or three.

I'm doing a study of this and will soon have a YouTube video out on it. Stay tuned.
I birn quil I se
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

seahawks2884 wrote: Nov 10th, 2021, 6:42 pm ... MAYBE someone could please explain to me why a proven treatment ....
MAYBE because it ISN'T a proven treatment. And not interested in watching a video on Russian collusion hoax or whatever.
"We found no evidence of a benefit from colchicine, which suggests that the anti-inflammatory properties of colchicine are either insufficient to produce a meaningful reduction in mortality risk or are not affecting the relevant inflammatory pathways in moderate-to-severe COVID-19," the authors wrote. "The results of this large, randomised trial do not support the use of colchicine in adults hospitalised with COVID-19."
https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspec ... l-patients
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Gout is simple, no alcohol NONE, NOT ANY, ZIP, ZERO, NADA, & pay a little more attention to drinking sufficient water.

For Covid try the two hat cure.
You put your hat on the bedpost at the foot of the bed, go to bed with a bottle of tequila,
keep drinking until you can see TWO HATS at the foot of the bed, wake up in the morning feeling well.

Works beautifully for colds and flu, probably works for covid two.
We're lost but we're making good time.
motokelowna1
Übergod

Post by motokelowna1 »

I used to get Gout often and yes it was attributed to excess overload of booze and food. Eating salty foods after 9 pm which also lead to reflux. So with both things going on I stopped both. Since then no reflux and Gout Be Gone . Its been a few years now but regular exercise IE walking does help. PS change of diet can also trigger Gout. I knew someone once that started to drink Grape fruit and bam hit him bad. Hope this helps I know the pain ....
emc group
Fledgling

Post by emc group »

I've been using indometheson now for 4 yrs much more effective than coltracine. get it as a suppository , faster into the system . willl make you dizzy after 1 hr . then take another next day , it works for any inflammation .

Return to “Health”