Pessimistic about climate

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Pessimistic about climate

Post by The Green Barbarian »

I've been saying this pretty consistently, through this entire man-made climate change fraud:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/te ... d=msedgntp
Terry Glavin: Climate change? We can't even address current threats to human life

Cynicism will come easily in any serious evaluation of the prospects for the COP26 jamboree in Glasgow mitigating the worst climate effects of humanity’s overloading of carbon from greenhouse gases into the planet’s upper stratosphere. But that cynicism isn’t necessarily warranted by the contradictions arising from the conference itself.
Worrying about fairy tales while actual real problems persist and hundreds of millions of people don't have any food or clean drinking water should have everyone shaking their heads. Clothe, feed and provide potable water to the masses of humanity on this earth, THEN worry about nonsense like man-made climate change. Fix what is real before trying to fix what is completely invented.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Has anyone calculated the dollar and C02 costs of our Dear Leader and his minions to attend at the latest climate crises get-together?

My jet is bigger, faster and burns more fuel than yours.

^^^ Yes, THAT get-together.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Catsumi wrote: Nov 10th, 2021, 6:48 pm Has anyone calculated the dollar and C02 costs of our Dear Leader and his minions to attend at the latest climate crises get-together?

Remember 10 years ago - and yes 10 years ago we were already at the "tipping point" where we were all going to die but somehow didn't - when a rookie MP with a stupid "Three Musketeers" mustache and beard went ape-poop in Parliament because he wasn't allowed to go to Durban South Africa for the then "this is it, the world is ending, we must do something about the man-made climate change myth or we are all going to die" conference - and swore at the environment minister - who now under the idiot Liberals is called "the minister of environment and magical fairy tales" - anyway - poor old Justin, wasn't allowed to go to Durban on the Canadian taxpayers dime to go party with the world elite. BOO HOO! You are rich Justin, you could have paid to go on your own dime, you human piece of garbage.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/justin ... t-1.995992
Last edited by The Green Barbarian on Nov 10th, 2021, 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Catsumi wrote: Nov 10th, 2021, 6:48 pm Has anyone calculated the dollar and C02 costs of our Dear Leader and his minions to attend at the latest climate crises get-together?

Hmm, not many of Justin's supporters commenting on this subject. Their silence is golden. [icon_lol2.gif]
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

I'm not sure if I'm pessimistic about climate change or not, but what really bothers me is me paying my puny bit of carbon tax, puny in the sense that it's just a drop in an ocean of carbon.

Some stats that question the good Canada's carbon taxes are doing. And this is just for coal.
Coal is the single largest source of energy production. 36% of global power and 27% of primary energy.
China accounts for 51% of coal consumption.
In second place is India at just under 12%.
The USA sits at 7%.
Canada? We're waaaay down the list.

I believe there are over 4,000 coal burning plants in China.

And what is the carbon tax in China? Does anyone know?
What is the average Chinese person paying for carbon tax to drive their gas burning SUV?
What is the average Chinese household paying in carbon tax to heat their home?

If someone can answer these questions, maybe I'll feel a bit better paying the current carbon tax, which we all know will increase.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Our federal government has been at war with its citizenry for the last 6 years. It pushed and shoved us up against the climate wall myth where it can pick our pockets freely in the shadows.

Rest assured, this is gonna cost us big time. The Chinese will be making hay and laughing.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Catsumi wrote: Nov 10th, 2021, 8:02 pm Our federal government has been at war with its citizenry for the last 6 years. It pushed and shoved us up against the climate wall myth where it can pick our pockets freely in the shadows.

Rest assured, this is gonna cost us big time. The Chinese will be burning coal and laughing.
Made one change for you. :biggrin:

#StandUpToJewishHate
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

bb49 wrote: Nov 10th, 2021, 8:09 pm
Catsumi wrote: Nov 10th, 2021, 8:02 pm Our federal government has been at war with its citizenry for the last 6 years. It pushed and shoved us up against the climate wall myth where it can pick our pockets freely in the shadows.

Rest assured, this is gonna cost us big time. The Chinese will be burning coal and laughing.
Made one change for you. :biggrin:
[icon_lol2.gif]

Unknown
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Rest assured, this is gonna cost us big time. The Chinese will be making hay and laughing.
:up: :up:
Mark5
Board Meister

Post by Mark5 »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Nov 9th, 2021, 3:42 pm And it's deja vu all over again - the goal posts just keep getting moved, but it's the same fear-mongering nonsense. These islands were all supposed to be under water 10 years ago. What's going on?? What aren't the models coming true???
As countries and the private sector make climate pledges, this island nation fears for its future

The president of Seychelles says his country remains in "grave danger" because of climate change and that developed countries must step up, as states continue to negotiate potentially more ambitious climate commitments at COP26 and the private sector pledges its own dollars to the global effort.

Wavel Ramkalawan says much of his country, which comprises more than 100 small islands in the Indian Ocean, could be erased by rising sea levels and erosion.

"We are being destroyed. But the sad thing is, it's not really the Seychelles that will be destroyed. It's the planet, it's the one planet that we have," Ramkalawan said in an interview on Sunday on Rosemary Barton Live.

He told CBC chief political correspondent Rosemary Barton that the failure of developed nations to reach a goal this year of committing $100 billion US to help the developing world fight climate change is a "disappointment."

Developed countries talked about providing billions of dollars when it comes to helping the climate, but trillions were already spent on priorities such as the military, Ramkalawan said.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/a ... d=msedgntp

I like this disclaimer that the CBC puts on every man-made climate change propaganda story now:

Our planet is changing. So is our journalism. This story is part of a CBC News initiative entitled to show and explain the effects of climate change and what is being done about it.

Yes CBC, our planet is changing. It always has, it always will. But what isn't changing is CBC's "journalism". That isn't changing at all - still reporting fear mongering nonsense and total BS. It's what the CBC does best.

Good points. I do not think Canadians have ever witnessed such propaganda and brainwashing as with this doomsday climate change campaign. The media is out of control with this. The government run state broadcaster here, we all know who that is, has to be the worst offender. Bob MacDonald had that quack Michael Mann on as a guest and treated him like he was a real expert. Unbelievable. All of these people are cashing in on it. Relate something to climate change and you will get funding. Its a taxpayers money gold rush. And now the entire world wants Canada and the USA to pay compensation for a made up crisis. Their goes our standard of living. Their goes our jobs. Suddenly the cost of everything is skyrocketing and out of control. There goes money in your bank account now because of inflation and great national debt. Little Canada who has no real impact on climate because our vast forests and croplands and seas eat CO2 for breakfast, lunch and supper, must now pay for the sins of the real culprits We know who they are. I guess we are now to be teachers, like Mr. Trudeau was briefly, to go and be like missionaries to spread the word of climate doom.
There have been four great glaciations in earths history and the last one formed around 2.6 million years ago and began to decline and melt about 11,700 years ago. This is known as the Pleistocene Epoch. The evidence of glaciation is all over the Okanagan. Hanging beaches in Crawford from the great Lake Penticton that once flooded the valley to huge scrapes in the bedrock and boulders all over the place. This whole area was a volcanic landscape of rock until the glaciers came and deposited all the soils we see around here today. The glaciers also created the amazing great lakes back east.

So for over two million years, Canada and some of the USA was a giant block of ice. Then suddenly, around 11,700 years ago the ice began to melt. The climate on planet earth was changing. Great torrents of water rushed everywhere, carving out the landscapes we see today. There is evidence of this everywhere in Kelowna. It seems odd now that this now roughly corresponds the the Younger Dryas impact theory. Interesting.

Whatever the cause, the melting of the ice and the warming of the planet allowed life to flourish once again. Both plant and animal. Over two million years locked in a gigantic gargantuan ice sheet, kilometers thick.
Ever since the planet begin to warm once again, it has not stopped. Perhaps we should be thankful that the glaciers are melting. They were killers. They were landscape changers. The made valleys and rivers and gouged out the sides of mountains. We would need to flee south, towards the equator.
It does seem apparent to me that certain people, such as people in the United Nations and others from first world nations, might be taking advantage of a naturally occurring phenomena for ulterior reasons. A phenomena that will likely allow life to flourish as it should be.
The day will come when the tide will turn. When the cycle begins again. We will know because the winters will be colder and longer and eventually the snow will not melt because summers never get hot any longer. They are also very short. Then they are gone all together and the mighty glaciers once again go on their march across the land.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

News flash, there was weather today and there will be more tomorrow. :200:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

Jlabute wrote: Nov 10th, 2021, 9:13 am COVID would never have been an 'existential crisis', with or without a vaccine or treatments. Climate is not an existential crisis either. Over the last 100 years, fewer and fewer people are dying from weather related events. No evidence exists it will ever be an existential crisis. This is more a political priority than public priority. This is why the Biden admin is failing. Too stupid too fast, destroying the economy, creating division, buying oil from Saudi instead of America which is worse.

PP_2021.01.28_policy-priorities_00-01.png

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/20 ... -for-2021/

Climate related deaths approaching zero.

climate-related-deaths.png

That's the thing about public or political priorities, they change like the wind from year to year. It's more than reasonable to expect in a world wide Pandemic which caused millions to lose their jobs that during the recovery, that the expectation of the public would reflect the situation we are in and policies moving forward like, dealing with Covid and the job losses. For example, last year's public priorities were different in that climate and environmental issues were just as important to the public as the economy.
PP_2020.02.13_political-priorities_0-01.png
https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/20 ... cy-agenda/

What's framed as an "existential crisis" is all in the eye of the beholder, those opinions vary from person to person so that's why it's usually accompanied by a.......imo. :biggrin:

......and I'm sure I've had this discussion with Glacier with the cherry picking graph about climate related deaths and plagues from the past. The answer to that was the metrics used and all the modern techniques and science that made those past climate related deaths moot in the present time.......it's the same ole same ole points......like here......

https://fee.org/articles/climate-relate ... data-show/

For me and others, the signs point to an existential crisis.........it's like staring at a grapefruit size tumor on your neck to know that something is not right about your body. I guess some people will look at that say....... what lump? I don't see anything.
The extraordinarily hot and cold temperatures that are becoming more common as climate change accelerates are responsible for 5 million deaths globally every year.

Extreme weather accounted for 9.4% of all deaths globally between 2000 and 2019, according to researchers who on Wednesday published the first study linking changes in temperatures to annual increases in mortality. While most deaths have been caused by exposure to the cold, the trend is likely to reverse as the planet warms, they said. 

“In the long-term, climate change is expected to increase the mortality burden” as heat-related deaths rise, said Yuming Guo, one of the report’s authors and a professor at Monash University. Hundreds of people have already died from heatwaves sweeping across the Northern Hemisphere this summer. 

The last two decades were the hottest since the pre-industrial era with the 10 warmest years on record occurring during the period. Global warming continues to accelerate, with the planet on track to warming around 3 degrees Celsius above the pre-industrial average, according to estimates by nonprofit Climate Action Tracker. Scientists forecast that a warming of more than 2°C would be catastrophic for life on Earth.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... tudy-shows
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Failed predictions complilation...

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

foenix wrote: Nov 11th, 2021, 7:57 am That's the thing about public or political priorities, they change like the wind from year to year. It's more than reasonable to expect in a world wide Pandemic which caused millions to lose their jobs that during the recovery, that the expectation of the public would reflect the situation we are in and policies moving forward like, dealing with Covid and the job losses. For example, last year's public priorities were different in that climate and environmental issues were just as important to the public as the economy.

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/20 ... cy-agenda/

What's framed as an "existential crisis" is all in the eye of the beholder, those opinions vary from person to person so that's why it's usually accompanied by a.......imo. :biggrin:

......and I'm sure I've had this discussion with Glacier with the cherry picking graph about climate related deaths and plagues from the past. The answer to that was the metrics used and all the modern techniques and science that made those past climate related deaths moot in the present time.......it's the same ole same ole points......like here......

https://fee.org/articles/climate-relate ... data-show/
The extraordinarily hot and cold temperatures that are becoming more common as climate change accelerates are responsible for 5 million deaths globally every year.

Extreme weather accounted for 9.4% of all deaths globally between 2000 and 2019, according to researchers who on Wednesday published the first study linking changes in temperatures to annual increases in mortality. While most deaths have been caused by exposure to the cold, the trend is likely to reverse as the planet warms, they said. 

“In the long-term, climate change is expected to increase the mortality burden” as heat-related deaths rise, said Yuming Guo, one of the report’s authors and a professor at Monash University. Hundreds of people have already died from heatwaves sweeping across the Northern Hemisphere this summer. 

The last two decades were the hottest since the pre-industrial era with the 10 warmest years on record occurring during the period. Global warming continues to accelerate, with the planet on track to warming around 3 degrees Celsius above the pre-industrial average, according to estimates by nonprofit Climate Action Tracker. Scientists forecast that a warming of more than 2°C would be catastrophic for life on Earth.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... tudy-shows
Interesting that the priority chart in my post is ONE year NEWER than the priority chart in your post. I'll take the newer chart.
foenix wrote: Nov 11th, 2021, 7:57 am For me and others, the signs point to an existential crisis.........it's like staring at a grapefruit size tumor on your neck to know that something is not right about your body. I guess some people will look at that say....... what lump? I don't see anything.
So, for you and Extinction Rebellion? A "CRISIS" is typically a current turn for the worse, not in the future being predicted by bad models. The grapefruit sized lump doesn't exist yet but the doctor is telling me he thinks I will have one in 50 years, determined only by measuring my weight. He is likely wrong as he has been in the past, and he is asking me to take a $500 daily pill which has side-effects worse than a possible grapefruit, or grape, or raisin, or nothing. 'Crisis' is an absolute happening. If the human population begins decreasing instead of increasing because of weather, then you know there is a crisis.

Many historic periods had higher temperatures than today. During these periods life exploded. Life prefers warmth to cold. Measured global warming is not accelerating. Temperature has been flat for the last 6 years. OF course to have a 2 or 3 degree rise before 2100, you have to say temperature rate of rise is accelerating given 78 years left in order to hit 3 degrees, even when rate of rise isn't measured to be that yet. To say so, means you have faith in a system that knows little about climate which is reflected as much in models which can't tell the future or present. All predicated on CO2 and we don't even know what CO2 does, we only have a poor correlation.

Typical weather and natural events cause deaths. Cold kills more than heat. If you're going to take away or ration peoples energy then even more people will die. Climate change is the average rise in temperature of 1/10th a degree every 10 years. It does not mean the whole earth rises in temperature homogenously. You really think climate kills people if people adapt and seasons change? I don't, it is not credible. People are adapted to living in their areas using energy, insulation, heating, what-ever. Climate migration doesn't make sense.

Is COVID an existential crisis? What is pointing to this crisis of existence? Human population is still growing. Tell me when the human race will be extinct - why and how because of COVID. Maybe existential crisis just refers to a leftists point of view?
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

Jlabute wrote: Nov 11th, 2021, 3:46 pm
Interesting that the priority chart in my post is ONE year NEWER than the priority chart in your post. I'll take the newer chart.
foenix wrote: Nov 11th, 2021, 7:57 am For me and others, the signs point to an existential crisis.........it's like staring at a grapefruit size tumor on your neck to know that something is not right about your body. I guess some people will look at that say....... what lump? I don't see anything.
So, for you and Extinction Rebellion? A "CRISIS" is typically a current turn for the worse, not in the future being predicted by bad models. The grapefruit sized lump doesn't exist yet but the doctor is telling me he thinks I will have one in 50 years, determined only by measuring my weight. He is likely wrong as he has been in the past, and he is asking me to take a $500 daily pill which has side-effects worse than a possible grapefruit, or grape, or raisin, or nothing. 'Crisis' is an absolute happening. If the human population begins decreasing instead of increasing because of weather, then you know there is a crisis.

Many historic periods had higher temperatures than today. During these periods life exploded. Life prefers warmth to cold. Measured global warming is not accelerating. Temperature has been flat for the last 6 years. OF course to have a 2 or 3 degree rise before 2100, you have to say temperature rate of rise is accelerating given 78 years left in order to hit 3 degrees, even when rate of rise isn't measured to be that yet. To say so, means you have faith in a system that knows little about climate which is reflected as much in models which can't tell the future or present. All predicated on CO2 and we don't even know what CO2 does, we only have a poor correlation.

Typical weather and natural events cause deaths. Cold kills more than heat. If you're going to take away or ration peoples energy then even more people will die. Climate change is the average rise in temperature of 1/10th a degree every 10 years. It does not mean the whole earth rises in temperature homogenously. You really think climate kills people if people adapt and seasons change? I don't, it is not credible. People are adapted to living in their areas using energy, insulation, heating, what-ever. Climate migration doesn't make sense.

Is COVID an existential crisis? What is pointing to this crisis of existence? Human population is still growing. Tell me when the human race will be extinct - why and how because of COVID. Maybe existential crisis just refers to a leftists point of view?
Of course, during a worldwide Pandemic which took out millions of jobs along with millions of lives, the priorities would reflect that.....did I not say that already? Once we get out of this crisis, I'm sure most of the world will try and put our efforts into trying to figure out the environmental crisis that's surely coming down the road.

Most historic periods that we have some reliable records for changed 5 to 7 degrees in thousands of years but since the Industrial Revolution the temperature climb has gone up 10X faster? Now why is that? What environmental factor has changed in the last 800,000 years to have the global temperature shoot up ten times faster than in the past.....please explain?

As for this....what do you mean? Have you not been around?
Temperature has been flat for the last 6 years.
Could have fooled me...........

2020 Tied for Warmest Year on Record, NASA Analysis Shows
Earth’s global average surface temperature in 2020 tied with 2016 as the warmest year on record, according to an analysis by NASA.

Continuing the planet’s long-term warming trend, the year’s globally averaged temperature was 1.84 degrees Fahrenheit (1.02 degrees Celsius) warmer than the baseline 1951-1980 mean, according to scientists at NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) in New York. 2020 edged out 2016 by a very small amount, within the margin of error of the analysis, making the years effectively tied for the warmest year on record.

“The last seven years have been the warmest seven years on record, typifying the ongoing and dramatic warming trend,” said GISS Director Gavin Schmidt. “Whether one year is a record or not is not really that important – the important things are long-term trends. With these trends, and as the human impact on the climate increases, we have to expect that records will continue to be broken.”
temp-2020_comparison-plot.jpg.jpeg
https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/2020 ... ysis-shows

Try this interactive graph..........

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2015 ... the-world/

Return to “Canada”