How to dump billions $$$.

barianqueen
Banned

Re: How to dump billions $$$.

Post by barianqueen »

Catsumi wrote: Nov 12th, 2021, 7:37 pm I agree….just how many hospitals and staff could have been had if our wealth had not been so flammable by wastrels?

Would those funds have been better spent elsewhere that would have achieved some good for all?

74 BILLION…good gawd almighty! That is boxcars full of money whizzing by.

Could that have bought us p, just maybe a power station driven by a nuclear reactor? How many hospitals and when was the last time we had a new one in B.C.? I don’t know, but I DO know that swindlers, thieves and layabouts benefitted from this thoughtless cash windfall so that human trafficking, illegal substances and money laundering could continue without a hiccup.

What really burns my sleek and fluffy tail is that the money is gone, poof, vamoose…. no likelihood of retrieval. EVER.

The Government isn’t even going to TRY to get it back as it’s seen as the cost of doing business (read, cost of getting elected}

I despair.
This literally never happened.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

crookedmember wrote: Nov 13th, 2021, 12:23 pm Sadly, our friends on the right and right seem to think the economy exists in a vacuum.
No, that would be our friends on the Left and left. Definitely.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

barianqueen wrote: Nov 13th, 2021, 12:37 pm

The OP actually thinks $74 billion went to crooks and criminals.

What actually happened was $74 billion went to Canadian families who spent it on goods and services that created jobs, saved businesses, prevented people from losing their homes, and is still circulating in the economy doing all of that good stuff.

It's the entire reason our economy didn't collapse.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

crookedmember wrote: Nov 13th, 2021, 2:01 pm

Are you sure that's what the OP thinks? Now if that spending involved the Liberals, then definitely there were crooks and criminals involved. That's not even up for debate.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
barianqueen
Banned

Post by barianqueen »

crookedmember wrote: Nov 13th, 2021, 2:01 pm
barianqueen wrote: Nov 13th, 2021, 12:37 pm

What actually happened was $74 billion went to Canadian families who spent it on goods and services that created jobs, saved businesses, prevented people from losing their homes, and is still circulating in the economy doing all of that good stuff.

It's the entire reason our economy didn't collapse.
Yup, precisely. We were enduring a pandemic and still are, and that money needed to be circulated.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

It seems that a few here caught my intention of pointing out the massive expenditures the government undertook while others here just cannot stay on topic, rather, trying to point it in every other direction from Harper, to oh well, that waste is to be expected.

I did NOT say nor do I think that 74 Billions went ALL to criminal elements (reading comprehension) but rather that in its great haste the government overlooked safeguards to ensure funds were not sent to scammers. They finally woke up and tied funds to be distributed to the actual work force and E.I. with social insurance numbers they had at their fingertips from day one.

It isn’t a secret that the present government has added greatly to the national debt at a never seen before rate in our country.

My point is that with some forethought the WASTE of our money could have been used for funding useful projects, and not adding to the debt burden our grandkids must pay down.

I don’t know how this could be made clearer.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Catsumi wrote: Nov 13th, 2021, 5:06 pm It seems that a few here caught my intention of pointing out the massive expenditures the government undertook while others here just cannot stay on topic, rather, trying to point it in every other direction from Harper, to oh well, that waste is to be expected.

I did NOT say nor do I think that 74 Billions went ALL to criminal elements (reading comprehension) but rather that in its great haste the government overlooked safeguards to ensure funds were not sent to scammers. They finally woke up and tied funds to be distributed to the actual work force and E.I. with social insurance numbers they had at their fingertips from day one.

It isn’t a secret that the present government has added greatly to the national debt at a never seen before rate in our country.

My point is that with some forethought the WASTE of our money could have been used for funding useful projects, and not adding to the debt burden our grandkids must pay down.

👍👍
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

TheLiteralKingofEngland wrote: Nov 13th, 2021, 5:44 pm
Catsumi wrote: Nov 13th, 2021, 5:06 pm It seems that a few here caught my intention of pointing out the massive expenditures the government undertook while others here just cannot stay on topic, rather, trying to point it in every other direction from Harper, to oh well, that waste is to be expected.

It wasn't a WASTE of money and it wasn't mistakenly sent to criminal enterprises. Was the government not supposed to help people endure a pandemic?
Hmmm… are you saying that it wasn’t a mistake that funds were sent to criminals?
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Read the link

Unknown
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

What was surprising to me was that the news release came from CBC.

Believe or disbelieve. I care not.

Unknown
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I suspect criminals could submit a ROE that would fool those processing the claims.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

sobrohusfat wrote: Nov 12th, 2021, 11:16 pm How to scuttle the ship - one leak at a time.

There comes a point where it becomes obvious that none of it is by accident.

I am puzzled by this tho ...

How does a tail manage to be both sleek and fluffy at the same time ??

Dove hair conditioner.

Unknown
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

I'm not worried at all. Every country in the world has added debt. If Canada didn't do so it would have been stupid. Every other country would be better off than Canada because........fiscal conservatism. Our debt is based on absolutely nothing just like everyone else. And has been used to bail out predatory banking practices and market practices. If countries default what will anyone owe that actually has any value? Binary code? Ones and zeros? Let the system fail. It's all a joke anyway. And losers who have just a little more than those in poverty will spout off modern economic stupidity and defend billionaires and corporations. There is no such thing as a free market at all anymore. Supposedly "credit" was important to protect.

crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

I wonder if our friends on the right also think the OAS and GIS cheques many of them receive each month are a waste of money?
All posts 100% moderator approved!
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

crookedmember wrote: Nov 13th, 2021, 9:42 pm I wonder if our friends on the right also think the OAS and GIS cheques many of them receive each month are a waste of money?
And you think there's similarities there? :200:
Time for a little education, don't you think?
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate

Return to “Canada”