Reform/Progressive Conservative crack forms

bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Re: Reform/Progressive Conservative crack forms

Post by bob vernon »

Lewis?!? She's another easterner. Senator Batters is speaking on behalf of the western Conservatives and they've already had an eastern leader in O'Toole.
hobbyguy
Walks on Forum Water

Post by hobbyguy »

And now O'Toole thinks he is Noriega: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/conser ... -1.6251532

"O'Toole kicks senator who questioned his leadership out of the Conservative caucus"

How undemocratic of the phony so and so O'Toole. Does the party belong to the members, or are they just suckers to be milked and played by the con man O'Toole???
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
nucksRnum1
Übergod

Post by nucksRnum1 »

Conservatives couldn't win on their reform platform. So they made sure a smiley smarmy leader was put out there. The problem is that Canadians knew conservatives lie through their teeth. Despite a leader who was platforming on flip flops and ball face lies. The infighting is an example of how conservatives would have said one thing in an election and members would have made sure that the party did another after they were in power.
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

Welp, Crazy Denise Batters has been given erin's boot. Is this how it's going to be now? Those who don't agree get dumped? All of them?

I hope o'toole doesn't start thinking he's Putin, and dissident MPs start falling out of windows.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

Looks like the cracks are turning into chasms. O’toole is doing the right thing, imo, at least he’s showing leadership. It’s kind of ironic that his supporters seem set to use the Reform Act, that’s supposed to put more power in the hands of MPs and less in the hands of the leader, to strengthen the leader’s grip on the party and quell malcontents.
hobbyguy
Walks on Forum Water

Post by hobbyguy »

Catri wrote: Nov 16th, 2021, 6:23 pm Looks like the cracks are turning into chasms. O’toole is doing the right thing, imo, at least he’s showing leadership. It’s kind of ironic that his supporters seem set to use the Reform Act, that’s supposed to put more power in the hands of MPs and less in the hands of the leader, to strengthen the leader’s grip on the party and quell malcontents.
A good leader would simply take such things in stride, and work to resolve the issues, bring people together.

Shrimpy O'Toole can't do that. He is not a "big" man, he is a dumpy little shrimp trying to show he is somehow a tough guy. That's why I referenced Noriega.

Unable to build consensus, O'Toole is trying to play thug, and he looks ridiculous. That after he proved he was unable to build consensus for what he what he wanted as a platform with the membership at the convention.

Senator Batters strikes me as someone who will persist, and there isn't diddly doo that O'Toole can do about it. It has zero impact on her whether she is part of caucus or not, it won't cost her the job as it did Sloan.

This episode illustrates exactly why O'Toole is not leadership material. O'Toole doesn't understand the difference between a leader and a boss. O'Toole seems to think he is a mafia boss. Good luck with that!
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
hobbyguy
Walks on Forum Water

Post by hobbyguy »

https://twitter.com/denisebatters/statu ... enge-to%2F

"Tonight, Erin O'Toole tried to silence me for giving our #CPC members a voice.
I will not be silenced by a leader so weak that he fired me VIA VOICEMAIL.
Most importantly, he cannot suppress the will of our Conservative Party members!
Sign the petition:"

"..so weak he fired me by voicemail..."

Oh my! Has O'Toole learned nothing??? Heck hath no fury....
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

Tough words for erin o'toole from Michelle Rempel-Garner.

I'll take tweets that didn't age well for $200, Alex.
nucksRnum1
Übergod

Post by nucksRnum1 »

hobbyguy wrote: Nov 16th, 2021, 9:08 pm https://twitter.com/denisebatters/statu ... enge-to%2F

Most importantly, he cannot suppress the will of our Conservative Party members!

Michelle is a drama queen. I'll never forget when she was a shadow cabinet pundit one time for a news source - and she had her *bleep* handed to her by the other parties' panellists. And the look on her face while she was owned was of a child stamping her feet saying "it's not fair"!
hobbyguy
Walks on Forum Water

Post by hobbyguy »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Nov 16th, 2021, 9:25 pm
hobbyguy wrote: Nov 16th, 2021, 9:08 pm https://twitter.com/denisebatters/statu ... enge-to%2F

Michelle is a drama queen. I'll never forget when she was a shadow cabinet pundit one time for a news source - and she had her *bleep* handed to her by the other parties' panellists. And the look on her face while she was owned was of a child stamping her feet saying "it's not fair"!
That quote is from Senator Batters.

So we have a senior senator from Saskatchewan, and a well respected MP from Alberta in Michelle out for blood.

Can't say as I blame either of them. If the "leader" of the party I belong to went off on a goofy policy tangent that did not match what the party has voted on, I would be hopping mad.

As I said before, the CPC membership did not vote for nor want "Trudeau-lite". Next thing you know O'Toole will start wearing funny socks.

O'Toole has engendered a rebellion within the party by selling out the so-cons, selling out the oilsands bunch, selling out the gun advocates - and that leaves O'Toole waaay out on a limb. That Batters and Rempel Garner are sawing it off is unsurprising as I would guess that in background Stubbs and Gladu are on the other end of the crosscut saw.

When I think about it, this is a crack that O'Toole has put a wedge in and pounded on that wedge with a sledge hammer. One could say that the Mavericks are a symptom of that wedge, in part existing because long time Reform/CPC MP Jay Hill felt the CPC had lost the plot. There must a lot of CPC members looking at what O'Toole has been doing and saying, "this ain't what I signed up for".

This really has become a battle for the soul of the CPC. Part of that is because O'Toole has taken an "all about me" approach to the whole thing. Part of it is a collision of reality with nostalgia. Part of it is because CPC members have alternatives now - the PPC and the Mavericks.

Michelle Rempel Garner has really thrown down the gauntlet. I would put the odds of caucus chucking her out at less than 2%. Politically O'Toole is truly a dead man walking.
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

Actually, the Michelle Rempel tweet (that didn't age well) is from 2019 after Trudeau fired JWR.

Michelle has flip-flopped or changed her tune now re strong women, and is backing the lifeless corpse of erin o'toole, after screaming at Batters on Facebook live for about 15 minutes. Welcome to the funhouse.

Looks like everyone in that party flip-flops these days.

It's a caucus about nothing. It's a party about flops.
hobbyguy
Walks on Forum Water

Post by hobbyguy »

crookedmember wrote: Nov 17th, 2021, 2:47 pm Actually, the Michelle Rempel tweet (that didn't age well) is from 2019 after Trudeau fired JWR.

Michelle has flip-flopped or changed her tune now re strong women, and is backing the lifeless corpse of erin o'toole, after screaming at Batters on Facebook live for about 15 minutes. Welcome to the funhouse.

Looks like everyone in that party flip-flops these days.

It's a caucus about nothing. It's a party about flops.
That went right over my head [icon_lol2.gif] So just Gladu, Stubbs and Batters (plus Chen of course).

Anyway, Batters is not pulling any punches, this quote is a beaut:

"Batters said O'Toole is trying to suppress dissent by using "threats" and "intimidation" to force MPs to fall in line.

"If Mr. O'Toole is certain that the members of our party support the new direction in which he is taking our party, he should have nothing to fear by facing our members democratically in an expedited confidence vote. That he is fighting against this with threats and intimidation to caucus speaks volumes," Batters said."

That really gets to what I have been saying. O'Toole's job is to lead, not to be "da' big boss" Soprano style. O'Toole doesn't seem to have a clue about consensus building, team management, and constructive dissent as mechanisms for bringing the party together. The party does NOT belong to O'Toole, it belongs to the membership. IF O'Toole wants to change party policy, then the democratic process applies. Otherwise, what is the point of being a CPC member? Just donate time and $$$ and shut up???
Last edited by hobbyguy on Nov 17th, 2021, 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

crookedmember wrote: Nov 17th, 2021, 2:47 pm Actually, the Michelle Rempel tweet (that didn't age well) is from 2019 after Trudeau fired JWR.

It actually aged very well, and Justin should have taken Michelle's advice, perhaps the Liberals would have had a fighting chance in the last election, despite Erin's excellent leadership.
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.
hobbyguy
Walks on Forum Water

Post by hobbyguy »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Nov 17th, 2021, 4:36 pm

It actually aged very well, and Justin should have taken Michelle's advice, perhaps the Liberals would have had a fighting chance in the last election, despite Erin's excellent leadership.
Deflect away, the war is heating up. Betcha Jay Hill and Max Bernier will some hay because of it.
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

Wow.....weren't the JT haters talking about JT being like a dictator in his party?.......I wonder what they think about this now?...... [icon_lol2.gif]

O'Toole warns more expulsions in store for any MP who challenges his leadership

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/o ... li=AAggNb9

WOW!!......what a dictator!!

Return to “Canada”