Suing over solitary in jails

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Re: Suing over solitary in jails

Post by JayByrd »

Y-Wine wrote: Nov 15th, 2021, 8:49 am
Thanks to PET our Constitution has Privilege's for the People and Rights for the Criminals.
Maybe where we went wrong is considering criminals to be people too, and entitled to certain basic protections.
The Charter is the Charter though. If we want to make isolation (to the point where it's equated to torture) legal, it'll be legal for everyone.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Nugget44

Post by Nugget44 »

Remember when you were punished for doing something bad or against society?? Now we have snowflakes getting mad because they didn't get a 'ribbon' for participating.

/sadworld
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

JayByrd wrote: Nov 15th, 2021, 7:33 am
GordonH wrote: Nov 14th, 2021, 12:31 pm Solitary is used by prisons as punishment no different then parents sending a child to their room.

It to bad groups like B.C civil rights care more about offenders then those who were there victims. Of course Canada justice system also appears to care very little about victims of crime.
Sending a child to their room for days/weeks at a time is abuse by any standard, and would likely be considered criminal. So it is different.

Solitary confinement does nothing to protect victims of crime. And it's illegal.
What parent does that really Wow.

Canadian justice system and prisons are slowly becoming country clubs prisons. It’s very obvious justice system doesn’t give a damn about victims.
Criminals along with defence attorneys love Papa trudeau.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
AlienSoldier
Übergod

Post by AlienSoldier »

GordonH wrote: Nov 15th, 2021, 6:23 pm
JayByrd wrote: Nov 15th, 2021, 7:33 am

Sending a child to their room for days/weeks at a time is abuse by any standard, and would likely be considered criminal. So it is different.

Solitary confinement does nothing to protect victims of crime. And it's illegal.

Canadian justice system and prisons are slowly becoming country clubs prisons. It’s very obvious justice system doesn’t give a damn about victims.
If they are so good inside why not join them? Because they aren't good and you are making them out to be something they are not.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

GordonH wrote: Nov 15th, 2021, 6:23 pm

Well it was your comparison. We're not talking about solitary confinement "until you've learned your lesson", we're talking about days or weeks. It's illegal, but if you don't care about the law, why are you speaking out against the justice system?

And I personally know two CO's (KRCC and FRCC), as well as one person who's served time federally (Kent and Pacific) in recent years. What they tell me does not align with what you've come to believe.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
rebazhama

Post by rebazhama »

you are absolutely right
soran.edu.iq

Return to “Social Concerns”