Shortage of skilled workers

dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Shortage of skilled workers

Post by dirtybiker »

Even Steven wrote: Oct 18th, 2021, 11:31 am But hey, not my cow.
Every persons cow !

The more it costs to move that truck. The more your every-day
is effected.

Let them :cuss:r 's roll !
High turnover results in lost souls trying to figure out which end is up.
Business models lost through too many hands.
No matter the business model/job.

Long term employees instill faith from customers.

I never understood the bouncing from job to job all the time.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

I would love see all the insurance companies stop covering these companies with lousy safety records.
Blackball the owners name altogether, so they don't just start up a new company within days of their employee killing 16 people

Then we will weed out the worst companies pretty fast.

I worked for 3 of these companies for around a week each, and I will let tell you they aren't doing anyone a favor by staying in business.
You know they don't give a :cuss: about human lives when they won't even repair a driver's seat that's falling out.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Long term employees instill faith from customers.

I never understood the bouncing from job to job all the time.
Good employees have more than just faith of customers OT .. They have revenue base that employers "enjoy" .. Keeps the lights on in the shop if people love the work of the guy doing it and keep coming back just because ..

Kinda like our shop .. The crew does good work and people keep coming back for more .

No "bread line" for us !
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Fishquadride

Post by Fishquadride »

Do not work for less than 20/hr at any job. Unskilled labour was getting 19.85/hr in 1994 at the city of bby. Now the okanagan is different of course but think of that. Skilled trades should be getting 60/hr no discussion about it. Semi skilled labour should be 25/hr. Companies do not deserve to get rich while a regular working man or woman struggles to make rent and food. Say whatever you like but this model of only the owners of companies getting to live decent lives while the "help" skrimp by is and will come to a end not to mention its *bleep*. Do not except garbage pay to break your back, they need workers as much or more as you need a *bleep* 1200 dollar pay check every 2 weeks. This low ball wage *bleep* will only stop if people demand a fair wage. Mcdonalds can afford to pay 20/hr and *bleep* shouldnt they?? Would you want to do that *bleep* job??? If we are going to be forced to pay 1.55/litre of gas and 2000/month for a 2 bedroom apartment then pay a fair living wage.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

I am just thinking, there are probably 10's of thousands of truckers around BC not getting paid while waiting for the highways to open.
I am glad I am not one of them, and have gotten away with hourly wages and day rates with most companies.

Return to “North Okanagan”