Lake Country Church: Not gay accepting?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Sparki55
Guru

Re: Lake Country Church: Not gay accepting?

Post by Sparki55 »

TheLiteralKingofEngland wrote: Nov 18th, 2021, 4:44 pm If people who apparently don't think homosexuality is a choice could stop using the word 'choice' in analogies it'd be appreciated.
For the 4th time: being gay isn't a choice.

This doesn't mean the church needs to agree with the above.

Why bother to join an ignorant place that isn't going to accept you for who you are. Move on, plenty of other groups to be apart of.
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

TheLiteralKingofEngland wrote: Nov 18th, 2021, 4:56 pm And has been stated for pages she DID NOT want to join an ignorant place. That was the whole point of her question before joining.....It's like people are reading a completely different story or something.
All they promised to do was accept her. She didn't like that material was given to her to follow a religious belief, a religion she DECIDED to join herself.

She thought it would be a good fit, it wasn't, move on.

Remember when the LGBTQ group shamed JK Rowling? She sided with a researcher in regards to transgender, yet many of her books portray gay characters.

So you're either 100% with the LGBTQ community or not.
barianqueen
Banned

Post by barianqueen »

Geez, JK Rowling has nothing to do with a gay woman being bamboozled by a lying pastor. She was thrown under the bus and that’s not cool.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Evangelical Protestants tend to be extremely judgemental.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

I love debates on belief of a god or not and everything that comes with those beliefs .

On one side we have it is my church and im not changing , and on the other , we have i believe in the same faith as you , but you do not accept me based on who i may sleep with .

For me the answer should be in the laws of the country. Does the country the church resides in allow for discrimination ? If yes then carry on, if not then there should be compulsion to conform .
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

captkirkcanada wrote: Dec 22nd, 2021, 6:13 am I love debates on belief of a god or not and everything that comes with those beliefs .

On one side we have it is my church and im not changing , and on the other , we have i believe in the same faith as you , but you do not accept me based on who i may sleep with .

For me the answer should be in the laws of the country. Does the country the church resides in allow for discrimination ? If yes then carry on, if not then there should be compulsion to conform .
I think I'd go further than that. There are countries with barbaric laws out there, so to let the churches of those countries carry out their hate would not seem, to me, as a satisfactory way to go about it.

In reality, I think what is needed is a way to guide people to do good things. I believe that is a part of what most churches are attempting to offer, under the threatening guise of "do it this way or else". But most people are trying to do what's good, what's right. The problem is that they're attempting to follow some holy book or some preacher that tells them what is right, and if the church position on homosexuality is that it's a sin, then those people are going to attempt to be "good people" in the way they choose to deal with people who live a lifestyle they disagree with.

Outside of a church or faith setting, there would be zero reason for anyone to take issue with another being homosexual. There would be zero reason to suggest conversion therapy. It just wouldn't happen, anywhere, for any reason. For those sorts of abuses to occur, it takes either references from scripture, or a church setting.

I think it's high time people stop allowing themselves to be told, by some preacher or by a book, how to be kind; it's innate. When we allow ourselves to be told how to be good, what we're actually doing is deferring to someone elses idea of good, and that is just a set up to perpetuate their agenda, not an objective good.
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

I would agree that i do not agree with barbaric treatment of humans anywhere for any reason . For this topic , the province has laws , and the country Canada has laws regarding human rights . Thing is ,we have to live within the rules as we have agreed and if the person involved feels they have a case worth presenting then fine .

If the person involved does not want to pursue that path , then as far as i am concerned it is case closed.
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”