Diabetes

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Diabetes

Post by GordonH »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Nov 20th, 2021, 7:52 am If it were that simple, it would be simple. Yet hypoglycemia does occur in diabetics (including type 2).
" These real-life data showed a rate of severe hypoglycemia of 3.9/100 patient-years in sulfonylurea-treated patients from specialized diabetes centers. Higher risk was associated with known risk factors including lack of diabetes education, older age and decreased eGFR but also with lower BMI and lower triglyceride levels, suggesting that sulfonylurea treatment in those patients should be considered with caution."
i'm just not sure that pharmacist is the person to be treating this.
Whenever my blood sugars go low fastest way to raise them is fruit juice or can of full sugar pop, within 15 minutes all is back to normal.

impo anyone with extreme conditions should talk to their doctor and get FreeStyle Libre continuous glucose monitoring system. BC Medical will cover the cost with doctors special request.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

Simplified in layman's' terms.

Type 1: Genetic
Type 2: High cholesterol, high BP, excessive belly fat. It's that simple. Correct those three and no Type 2. The belly fat can be reduced by committing to altering diet and having an exercise program, which will also take care of the blood glucose problem and the high cholesterol. If one can not exercise due to injury or a crippling disease, then it becomes a bit harder to eliminate the condition. Also, hypertension and high cholesterol production can be hereditary and may have to be treated with medication to control it.
Hence, Type 2 can be reversed as it is not an incurable genetic disease but gradually appears due to the above three criteria. Commitment, and possibly with the help of certain medications, is the key. Not easy for a lot of people for various reasons.
I birn quil I se
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Kelownamade wrote: Sep 22nd, 2021, 3:56 pm
My theory is the Quality of foods, nothing to do with over eating. The chemicals in preservative added foods along with refined sugars are what cause diabetes. What don't you understand about that? Yes over weight people can become over weight on good quality food. It's consuming more calories than you burn. You seem to think diabetes is random and not caused by poor decisions. Typical victim mentality. "I can't help that I am sick" etc. When a system is improperly used, it will have faults expressed and that's exactly how the human body works. Unfortunately the drug companies cannot buy yachts without deceiving the public. I would be interested in knowing what you do for work.
Actually your comment is so far off the mark, as to what I don't "understand" about diabetes, or what I think is the cause of diabetes. "I can't help it" or "victim mentality" is a figment of your imagination.
My work is not relevant, and none of your business. Anyone who has read many of my posts will know what it is, but maybe (probably) you can't read either.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Randall T wrote: Nov 20th, 2021, 8:32 am Simplified in layman's' terms.

Type 1: Genetic
Type 2: High cholesterol, high BP, excessive belly fat. It's that simple. Correct those three and no Type 2. The belly fat can be reduced by committing to altering diet and having an exercise program, which will also take care of the blood glucose problem and the high cholesterol. If one can not exercise due to injury or a crippling disease, then it becomes a bit harder to eliminate the condition. Also, hypertension and high cholesterol production can be hereditary and may have to be treated with medication to control it.
Hence, Type 2 can be reversed as it is not an incurable genetic disease but gradually appears due to the above three criteria. Commitment, and possibly with the help of certain medications, is the key. Not easy for a lot of people for various reasons.
I have a neighbor who was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes at a relatively young age (by accident, he happened to be in hospital for something else). He has been very diligent from the start about his diet, and exercise over many years, and followed all advice. He amazed his doctors with how well he has done for someone who had it so long. He still has diabetes tho, still depends on medication, and by now has lost of few digits, but he still has outlived predictions. So it's not quite as simple as "correct those three and no type 2".
From what I have read there is a genetic component to type 2 (not necessarily every case). Which is not the same as it can't be helped with diet and exercise, I am just skepical about claims that it can be reversed or cured, simply with diet and exercise. Can some of the worst effects be held off, delayed, or reduced? Probably. Have diabetics like him been given the best of care and advice? I am not so sure about that. Also not everyone with type 2 is fat or overweight.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29208878/
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34258276/
In another study: TD=Thyroid disease
" TD prevalence in type 2 diabetic patients was 48% (n = 92). In subjects who denied prior TD, the prevalence was 40% (n = 37), 15 with subclinical hypothyroidism (45%). In the whole study population prevalence of subclinical hypothyroidism was 8%. Globally, subclinical DT prevalence was 9% (n = 17) and anti-TPO 13% (n = 25). "
Kelownamade
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Kelownamade »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Nov 20th, 2021, 10:31 am
Kelownamade wrote: Sep 22nd, 2021, 3:56 pm
My theory is the Quality of foods, nothing to do with over eating. The chemicals in preservative added foods along with refined sugars are what cause diabetes. What don't you understand about that? Yes over weight people can become over weight on good quality food. It's consuming more calories than you burn. You seem to think diabetes is random and not caused by poor decisions. Typical victim mentality. "I can't help that I am sick" etc. When a system is improperly used, it will have faults expressed and that's exactly how the human body works. Unfortunately the drug companies cannot buy yachts without deceiving the public. I would be interested in knowing what you do for work.
Actually your comment is so far off the mark, as to what I don't "understand" about diabetes, or what I think is the cause of diabetes. "I can't help it" or "victim mentality" is a figment of your imagination.
My work is not relevant, and none of your business. Anyone who has read many of my posts will know what it is, but maybe (probably) you can't read either.
Illness is the victims actions. Children who are sick is because of the mother's poor decisions during birth. The food supply, big pharma and vaccines are what cause childhood disease. Also low IQ. Many people have cured even the worse cases of diabetes. How? Changing their toxic food choices and moving their body. Mental illness is toxicity.
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Nov 20th, 2021, 10:39 am I have a neighbor who was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes at a relatively young age (by accident, he happened to be in hospital for something else). He has been very diligent from the start about his diet, and exercise over many years, and followed all advice. He amazed his doctors with how well he has done for someone who had it so long. He still has diabetes tho, still depends on medication, and by now has lost of few digits, but he still has outlived predictions. So it's not quite as simple as "correct those three and no type 2".
From what I have read there is a genetic component to type 2 (not necessarily every case). Which is not the same as it can't be helped with diet and exercise, I am just skepical about claims that it can be reversed or cured, simply with diet and exercise. Can some of the worst effects be held off, delayed, or reduced? Probably. Have diabetics like him been given the best of care and advice? I am not so sure about that. Also not everyone with type 2 is fat or overweight.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29208878/
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34258276/
In another study: TD=Thyroid disease
" TD prevalence in type 2 diabetic patients was 48% (n = 92). In subjects who denied prior TD, the prevalence was 40% (n = 37), 15 with subclinical hypothyroidism (45%). In the whole study population prevalence of subclinical hypothyroidism was 8%. Globally, subclinical DT prevalence was 9% (n = 17) and anti-TPO 13% (n = 25). "
Not arguing there are circumstances that can prevent someone from beating Type 2, but for the majority it can be beaten. I found out, like your neighbour, by accident while being treated for something else. My GP explained the problem, told me what I had to do, gave me some meds for the BP and Cholesterol and I got to work. Took me a year of hard work and diet but I did it. Got off the meds and was in the best health of my life. It can be done but may not work for everyone. My point is, it can be reversed as in most cases it is brought on by lifestyle and is not a disease one is born with.
Now I can't exercise, BP is in the low optimal range, cholesterol is being treated again. According to the doc I gained a few years though [icon_lol2.gif]
I birn quil I se
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

Kelownamade wrote: Nov 20th, 2021, 11:25 am Illness is the victims actions. Children who are sick is because of the mother's poor decisions during birth. The food supply, big pharma and vaccines are what cause childhood disease. Also low IQ. Many people have cured even the worse cases of diabetes. How? Changing their toxic food choices and moving their body. Mental illness is toxicity.
I wonder what you would say if all of a sudden you got sidelined by a serious disease. Mom's doing?
I birn quil I se
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Randall T wrote: Nov 20th, 2021, 12:27 pm I wonder what you would say if all of a sudden you got sidelined by a serious disease. Mom's doing?
More likely cause by low IQ.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Kelownamade
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Kelownamade »

Randall T wrote: Nov 20th, 2021, 12:27 pm
Kelownamade wrote: Nov 20th, 2021, 11:25 am Illness is the victims actions. Children who are sick is because of the mother's poor decisions during birth. The food supply, big pharma and vaccines are what cause childhood disease. Also low IQ. Many people have cured even the worse cases of diabetes. How? Changing their toxic food choices and moving their body. Mental illness is toxicity.
I wonder what you would say if all of a sudden you got sidelined by a serious disease. Mom's doing?
No. It would be consuming toxic foods, inactive lifestyle, poor sleep, negative thoughts and holding onto trauma. You think disease is random? It's a sign of doing something wrong. Why are people incapable of seeing how systems function. A + B = C... When people reverse disease by changing their lazy irresponsible actions, that tells us you do not get disease when you do the right things. I'm accurately educated in the body and food. Big pharma would not be so profitable if they actually solved disease. The cure is not drugs. That simply masks the issues and causes more problems. Logic bothers the diseased and obese, it makes them realize they are the problem. If you deny society is full of misinformed, lazy weak people, you are lying to yourself.
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

I'm accurately educated in the body and food
OK doc, good luck with that.
I birn quil I se
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Kelownamade wrote: Nov 20th, 2021, 2:46 pm
Randall T wrote: Nov 20th, 2021, 12:27 pm

No. It would be consuming toxic foods, inactive lifestyle, poor sleep, negative thoughts and holding onto trauma. You think disease is random? It's a sign of doing something wrong. Why are people incapable of seeing how systems function. A + B = C... When people reverse disease by changing their lazy irresponsible actions, that tells us you do not get disease when you do the right things. I'm accurately educated in the body and food. Big pharma would not be so profitable if they actually solved disease. The cure is not drugs. That simply masks the issues and causes more problems. Logic bothers the diseased and obese, it makes them realize they are the problem. If you deny society is full of misinformed, lazy weak people, you are lying to yourself.
Where exactly did you get this "accurate education"?
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 20th, 2021, 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting
Kelownamade
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Kelownamade »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Nov 20th, 2021, 4:01 pm
Kelownamade wrote: Nov 20th, 2021, 2:46 pm

Consuming large amounts of information and experience. I have a high IQ and I've put in the work. I woke up when I found out what really happened on 911 and from then on I accepted nothing as accurate until I tested it and or kept updating my opinions as I became wiser. I have changed people's lives after I changed mine. I have seen people who have spent decades in agony by being guided in the wrong direction through the medical system. They are misinformed so they cannot solve the problems. We now know the gut is the key to health and happiness. Food with preservatives/chemicals and empty nutrition along with GMO foods cause your body to become over burdened and your body doesn't have the resources to detoxify all while being malnurished. When you eat garbage food, you feel bad which causes you to not be productive and not enjoy life. THese negative emotions cause a perpetual decline in your love for life and cause you to constantly produce bad chemicals which break down the body. Glyphosate destroys your gut microbiome and it's extremely powerful. Most people seem to believe we are random specs that only live once. This causes people to be unethical and lack purpose. THey are lost souls who are being poisoned and brainwashed through culture/movies/tv/news and the education system.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Kelownamade wrote: Nov 20th, 2021, 4:40 pm
Silverstarqueen wrote: Nov 20th, 2021, 4:01 pm
Consuming large amounts of information and experience. I have a high IQ and I've put in the work. I woke up when I found out what really happened on 911 and from then on I accepted nothing as accurate until I tested it and or kept updating my opinions as I became wiser. I have changed people's lives after I changed mine. I have seen people who have spent decades in agony by being guided in the wrong direction through the medical system. They are misinformed so they cannot solve the problems. We now know the gut is the key to health and happiness. Food with preservatives/chemicals and empty nutrition along with GMO foods cause your body to become over burdened and your body doesn't have the resources to detoxify all while being malnurished. When you eat garbage food, you feel bad which causes you to not be productive and not enjoy life. THese negative emotions cause a perpetual decline in your love for life and cause you to constantly produce bad chemicals which break down the body. Glyphosate destroys your gut microbiome and it's extremely powerful. Most people seem to believe we are random specs that only live once. This causes people to be unethical and lack purpose. THey are lost souls who are being poisoned and brainwashed through culture/movies/tv/news and the education system.
It was a simple question, and yet in all this verbiage, you still did not answer the question. High IQ or not should be able to do that much. so, no studies, as you say "nothing is accurate", so how do you know what is accurate? You just "became wiser" seems very vague. Where exactly did you get this "accurate education"?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

*bump

Read this today and hope there is more study and scrutiny to verify facts.
Metformin, a first-line diabetes drug used for decades, may boost the risk of birth defects in the offspring of men who took it during sperm development, according to a large Danish study. Sons born to those men were more than three times as likely to have a genital birth defect as unexposed babies, according to the paper, published in the Annals of Internal Medicine today.
https://www.science.org/content/article ... betes-drug
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “Health”