Ottawa NHL team - All vaccinated - 40% positive for Covid

Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Ottawa NHL team - All vaccinated - 40% positive for Covid

Post by Thinktank »

A COVID outbreak has sidelined the NHL team, despite having their players fully vaccinated. Ten players and one coach have reportedly tested positive for the virus, equating to approximately 40 per cent of the team.
So now we all know forcing vaccinations on people is criminal. I can't wait for the tyrants to pay for what they're doing.

But we knew that all along.

It is one of the biggest disruptions to professional sports since vaccines became widely available, and the first time this fall that a North American pro sports league — basketball, football or hockey — has cancelled games due to COVID.

https://nationalpost.com/news/fully-vax ... -its-ranks
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Ottawa NHL team - All vaccinated - 40% positive for Covid

Post by Catri »

No one has been forced to get vaccinated. It’s a choice.
The positive test results are not shocking, we all know at this point that the vaccines work, if not 100% effective at preventing infection, very effectively keeping those with breakthrough infections from getting seriously ill.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

This topic should be under Sports or Health or maybe Weird Science.
It's another of those topics that will go round and round and round. Nothing accomplished.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Catri wrote: Nov 20th, 2021, 4:50 pm No one has been forced to get vaccinated. It’s a choice.
"No one is being forced to have sex with the boss, but everyone who doesn't we'll have to take it 25% pay cut."
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Glacier wrote: Nov 20th, 2021, 10:33 pm "No one is being forced to have sex with the boss, but everyone who doesn't we'll have to take it 25% pay cut."
Hardly the same premise for many reasons but first and foremost is an illness that has been deemed a pandemic. Hardly the same as sleeping with the boss.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Glacier wrote: Nov 20th, 2021, 10:33 pm
Catri wrote: Nov 20th, 2021, 4:50 pm No one has been forced to get vaccinated. It’s a choice.
"No one is being forced to have sex with the boss, but everyone who doesn't we'll have to take it 25% pay cut."
This is a pretty good analogy for a vaccine mandate for employees that is based more on politics and popular opinion than on science and genuine necessity.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Choice is:
Get vaccinated and fulfil contract and get paid to play hockey.

Don’t get vaccinated and get suspended without pay.

No enforcing players to get vaccinated.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

GordonH wrote: Nov 21st, 2021, 7:44 am Choice is:
Get vaccinated and fulfil contract and get paid ...
Everyone loves money. Everyone wants to live, to have a roof over their head, to eat, etc

So just about everyone is owned by someone richer than they are.

But wouldn't you hate to be told a vaccine will stop spreading covid, and after the entire team
got the vaccine (do it for someone else, for grandma, for your country, for your neighbour)
and then find out half the team got covid, and the other half will get covid soon. Want to know
what I would want to do?

WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thinktank wrote: Nov 21st, 2021, 8:40 am ...
But wouldn't you hate to be told a vaccine will stop spreading covid, ...
I believe the missing word is "a vaccine will HELP stop spreading covid"....
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
erinmore3775
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by erinmore3775 »

For those who prefer to close their eyes to scientific research and steadfastly believe that COVID vaccines have no effect on the transmission of this disease, I would encourage them to read this article.

https://censon.eu/covid-vaccines-do-red ... nsmission/

"In April, Public Health England reported the results of a large study of COVID-19 transmission involving more than 365,000 households with a mix of vaccinated and unvaccinated members.

It found immunisation with either the Pfizer or AstraZeneca vaccine reduced the chance of onward virus transmission by 40-60%. This means that if someone became infected after being vaccinated, they were only around half as likely to pass their infection on to others compared to infected people who weren’t vaccinated."

Similar studies have supported these results. It is important to note that vaccines do not prevent transmission they reduce it along with reducing the effects of the disease on those who are vaccinated and contract the disease. The choice to be vaccinated remains as a right. However, that choice comes with benefits or detriments.

In our society you have the right and opportunity to accept or reject vaccination. That also means that you accept the consequences of your choices. If you do not like the results of your choice you have the right to whimper and complain, but you also have the right to change your decision.
We won’t fight homelessness, hunger, or poverty, but we can fight climate change. The juxtaposition of the now and the future, food for thought.

"You make a living by what you get; you make a life by what you give." - Winston Churchill
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

ThinkTank is right and Glacier nailed it.

"You don't HAVE to bend over and submit miss ...but if you want to continue providing for your family, you will.

Dont cry about the consequences if you dont. And remember...no one is "forcing" you ...just do it for Grandma"
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

sobrohusfat wrote: Nov 21st, 2021, 9:24 am ThinkTank is right and Glacier nailed it.

"You don't HAVE to bend over and submit miss ...but if you want to continue providing for your family, you will.

Dont cry about the consequences if you dont. And remember...no one is "forcing" you ...just do it for Grandma"
:up:
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
I wear a cute pink dress
Banned

Post by I wear a cute pink dress »

The team members won’t be sent to icu so vax doing it’s job
I love wearing cute pink dresses
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

*removed*

No vaccine prevents you from contracting a virus or testing positive for it.

Vaccines teach your immune system how to fight a virus before you contract it, so in the case of contracting COVID you don't end up in hospital or die from it.
Last edited by ferri on Nov 21st, 2021, 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting
All posts 100% moderator approved!
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

Glacier wrote: Nov 20th, 2021, 10:33 pm

Perhaps rather than flippantly comparing vaccination to the rather serious issue of rape, a better and much less vulgar analogy might be, "If you don't agree 100% with your boss, you get kicked out of the party."
All posts 100% moderator approved!

Return to “Canada”