Radio Host Sues The Lizard

JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Re: Radio Host Sues The Lizard

Post by JayByrd »

Iamme wrote: Nov 20th, 2021, 12:41 pm
Girl here. I don’t diasgree with the boys. I don’t condone harrassment. Unfortunately that’s where our society is at. Not to mention there are a lot of women who are worse when it comes to harrassment toward men and they get a pass :138:
You're not wrong, but none of that has any bearing on the validity of Ms. Milne's suit. I'm interested to hear Pattison Media's side of this.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
mullyman
Board Meister

Post by mullyman »

JLives wrote: Nov 20th, 2021, 11:59 am Oh wow. The boys in our community are showing their faces on this one. :popcorn:
well.. my wife agrees... the job description does not entail acting, so if your character is misread, not saying its acceptablele, but, don't poke the bear with a stick , and hold up a steak... There is no doubt some others crossed the line on this one,, but , if the line is less than clear? Obviously we are all making uneducated assumptions here,but it does appear that there was not a clear understanding of what was truth,,,
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

She was asked by the radio station to play a certain role in public, during working hours. She did that, and she did it very well. She is a different person in private, on her own time. Her coworkers should be smart enough to understand this, but apparently not.
Shame on management and her coworkers for not being willing or able to differentiate between a real person and the character she plays.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Iamme wrote: Nov 20th, 2021, 12:41 pm
JLives wrote: Nov 20th, 2021, 11:59 am Oh wow. The boys in our community are showing their faces on this one. :popcorn:
Girl here. I don’t diasgree with the boys. I don’t condone harrassment. Unfortunately that’s where our society is at. Not to mention there are a lot of women who are worse when it comes to harrassment toward men and they get a pass :138:
exactly, thank you for your honesty
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Not hard to understand. Get hired to play to a 18-40 male demographic.
Then co-work with a bunch of 18-40 year old males.

[icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] surprise, surprise, surprise.

Ah, kinda long in the tooth for her now anyways, about aged out. time to cash out.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Mark1111
Board Meister

Post by Mark1111 »

Its too bad. I really liked her maturity, banter and music selection. But lets get real here.

“She says the character, crafted over 30 years, was designed to appeal for a male demographic aged 18 to 40.
The character, she says, portrayed as confident and empowered, fun and outgoing. The character pushed the envelope on women's sexuality and dressed provocatively during public appearances.”

So what happened to the thick (lizard?) skin you KNEW you needed to step into this role in this environment?

You work for a company whose logo features a sun-glassed leering lizard wearing a party wrist band...and you’re shocked when the twenty – thirty something children working with you make inappropriate comments in your presence?

Maybe a little less 'MeToo" and a little more 'MyBad'?
If you want to test a man's character, give him power.
A. Lincoln
Iamme
Board Meister

Post by Iamme »

Mark1111 wrote: Nov 20th, 2021, 4:02 pm Its too bad. I really liked her maturity, banter and music selection. But lets get real here.

“She says the character, crafted over 30 years, was designed to appeal for a male demographic aged 18 to 40.
The character, she says, portrayed as confident and empowered, fun and outgoing. The character pushed the envelope on women's sexuality and dressed provocatively during public appearances.”

So what happened to the thick (lizard?) skin you KNEW you needed to step into this role in this environment?

You work for a company whose logo features a sun-glassed leering lizard wearing a party wrist band...and you’re shocked when the twenty – thirty something children working with you make inappropriate comments in your presence?

Maybe a little less 'MeToo" and a little more 'MyBad'?
If she’s crafted this persona for 30 years, do the math. Maybe she wants to boost her upcoming retirement income. Just sayin lol
Some posters on here have way too much time on their hands lol
Bullying is not acceptable and cowardly. You know who you are.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Iamme wrote: Nov 20th, 2021, 6:07 pm
If she’s crafted this persona for 30 years, do the math. Maybe she wants to boost her upcoming retirement income. Just sayin lol
Different words, same sentiment as my "long in the tooth-cash out" comment.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Iamme
Board Meister

Post by Iamme »

dirtybiker wrote: Nov 20th, 2021, 6:10 pm
Iamme wrote: Nov 20th, 2021, 6:07 pm
Different words, same sentiment as my "long in the tooth-cash out" comment.
Lmao! Sorry I’ve never heard that saying lol :130:
Some posters on here have way too much time on their hands lol
Bullying is not acceptable and cowardly. You know who you are.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

It's all alleged until proven otherwise.
77TA
Lord of the Board

Post by 77TA »

Even Steven wrote: Nov 20th, 2021, 7:04 pm It's all alleged until proven otherwise.
Hence the word "maybe".
mullyman
Board Meister

Post by mullyman »

RupertBear wrote: Nov 20th, 2021, 1:10 pm She was asked by the radio station to play a certain role in public, during working hours. She did that, and she did it very well. She is a different person in private, on her own time. Her coworkers should be smart enough to understand this, but apparently not.
Shame on management and her coworkers for not being willing or able to differentiate between a real person and the character she plays.
she wasn't asked.. she said she worked on the character for 30 yrs... and worked there for 6. she presented that character to the station, and they bought in...
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

This is a tough one. I haven't listened since Liz McKinney was on the air. I thought Bob was an opinionated moron. While I can agree that the workplace should be a safe place - the online persona of Sue would be a hard thing for co-workers to switch off as well. Unfortunately, it seems that it ended up badly. While I was pleasantly surprised that the channel was the Lizard again - the upper management seems the same in light of this - so there will be no reason for me to return as a listener. Especially with SiriusXM and so many good channels at my disposal.
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

mullyman wrote: Nov 20th, 2021, 8:42 pm
RupertBear wrote: Nov 20th, 2021, 1:10 pm She was asked by the radio station to play a certain role in public, during working hours. She did that, and she did it very well. She is a different person in private, on her own time. Her coworkers should be smart enough to understand this, but apparently not.
she wasn't asked.. she said she worked on the character for 30 yrs... and worked there for 6. she presented that character to the station, and they bought in...
The thing is, it was an act. That’s not who she really was. Why did staff not understand that. Treat her like the person she is, not the person she was paid to portray. I’m sure she expected the general public to buy into the persona, but her coworkers should be smart enough to understand it was an act.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

The thing is, it was an act. ...... Why did staff not understand that.
Maybe because she was very good at acting, playing the role she created and developed over the last 30 years.

If she took it for 30 years how bad could it have been or she would have just moved an and sued years ago.

Courts time will now be taken up dealing with hurt feelings rather than dealing with real criminals
Last edited by cv23 on Nov 21st, 2021, 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Central Okanagan”