Guru

Re: Penticton Chamber of Commerce Awards

Post by Even Steven »

No, but do tell.
m20
Fledgling

Post by m20 »

Bad Tattoo as Business Leader after they had to backtrack bigtime on their vaccine position.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

We have a winner! m20 you are correct. How can somebody that publicly defies a Government order be named Business Leader of the Year?

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... -passports

Oops

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... steps-down
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Good catch Anonymous123. I was going to start this topic, but you beat me to it.

So much for the credibility of the Penticton Chamber of Commerce.

Actually the Chamber is no stranger to questionable behavior. Some may remember the "stellar" efforts of the Penticton Chamber to create the impression that Penticton businesses were suffering extremely during the slide that partially blocked Hwy 97 south of Summerland in Feb '19. Headlines and story in Castanet that the Chamber was very concerned that trucks were restricted in travel north and south to midnight to 5:00 AM. So locals should re-double their efforts to shop locally.

The truth being trucks over 3.8 meters were restricted. (the average semi is 2.59 meters)

I wonder what the TD Bank thinks of it's sponsorship for this award (from the Chamber's facebook page):
The Business Leader of the Year award recognizes a business professional that has demonstrated exceptional success in the ownership or management of a local business through leadership, exemplary customer service, and community engagement. Thank you to TD Canada Trust for sponsoring this award.
• Leadership ?

• Exemplary customer service ? So disobeying a health department mandate, putting customers in danger is exemplary customer service ?

• Exemplary community engagement ? Disobeying health department restrictions ???

The award, presented to Lee Agur of Bad Tattoo Brewery.

From Global News 25 Sep 2021 :
  • • Agur sent a statement to the media on Aug 26th, two weeks before the implementation of BC's new vaccine mandate for non-essential businesses, stating the restaurant would not comply.

• Bad tattoo Brewing posted on it's Facebook page that as of Saturday, Sept 25th it will start checking customer's proof of vaccination. Agur apologized and at the same time said "he would step down from management of Bad Tattoo 'for awhile' "
So I guess "for awhile" is over.

If I was the CEO of TD Bank, my sponsorship procedures would be tightened up and ended with the Penticton Chamber of Commerce.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

You guys do realize this is a Cabal of self strokers that decide the winners right?? The awards are meaningless since they exclude businesses that choose not to pay Chamber of Commerce fee's.
Seems kinda like the Mafia used to operate. Tongue in cheek "Tony Soprano announces local Business awards".
And the Hospitality award for serving swill?? They did it politely I guess?
And what is it about Google reviews on ALL of these winners being mostly "local guide" attached to their review?? Seems like a whole bunch of complimentary eats or service for "influencers". Click on the influencer name and tell me they didn't provide a 5 star rating for free eats. Kardashian were not there though. Too expensive.
Google reviews is a scam as well.
Trust a simple castanet review before a google review.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
soupy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by soupy »

Chamber of commerce should be embarrassed by this decision.
Decision was likely based on a handful of credits for free pizza and a few pints of the worst beer of any brewery in town.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

soupy wrote: Nov 22nd, 2021, 8:03 am Chamber of commerce should be embarrassed by this decision.
Decision was likely based on a handful of credits for free pizza and a few pints of the worst beer of any brewery in town.
Every so many years there is a confluence of planets that align. I think it just happened again as I agree with Soupy.
These places are deep pocket funded and self promoting while they push out really crappy beer and over priced food that is both smaller in portion and less interesting than a popular street vendor Fry Truck.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

twobits wrote: Nov 22nd, 2021, 4:56 pm
soupy wrote: Nov 22nd, 2021, 8:03 am Chamber of commerce should be embarrassed by this decision.
Every so many years there is a confluence of planets that align. I think it just happened again as I agree with Soupy.
These places are deep pocket funded and self promoting while they push out really crappy beer and over priced food that is both smaller in portion and less interesting than a popular street vendor Fry Truck. And the real estate moguls and Veterinarian bank accounts expect the minions to lap up and believe what they are being served is great beer and food. One will survive because of pocket depth for a year or two....the other already has the clock ticking.

Nooby
Übergod

Post by Nooby »

dreamon
Generalissimo Postalot

Does he meet the criteria as set out by The Chamber?

Post by dreamon »

Curious how defying a public health order, defying it again when challenged, then doing a 180 when public pressure mounts has one qualifying.
Business Leader.jpg
dreamon
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Does he meet the criteria as set out by The Chamber?

Post by dreamon »

Mods, please move this to the thread already created, that is where I meant to post it
richard morris

You Should Be Ashamed

Post by richard morris »

Lee Agur Do the Right Thing and Refuse The Award You Do Not Deserve.You Put Profits Over Health
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: You Should Be Ashamed

Post by oneh2obabe »

Link to story.
You could hear a pin drop Saturday night when Lee Agur was named Business Leader of the Year by the Penticton and Wine Country Chamber of Commerce.

Agur made headlines this past summer when he announced publicly that his business, Bad Tattoo Brewing, would defy public health orders requiring patrons to show proof of vaccination, which he described as “unconstitutional.”
https://www.pentictonherald.ca/news/art ... 5c838.html
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Re: You Should Be Ashamed

Post by Anonymous123 »

Being discussed here:

viewtopic.php?p=2921604#p2921604
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent

Return to “South Okanagan”