Vernon Candiates talk business

Iamme
Board Meister

Vernon Candiates talk business

Post by Iamme »

Bullying is not acceptable and cowardly. You know who you are.
lensbaby
Board Meister

Re: Vernon Candiates talk business

Post by lensbaby »

Hmmm . . . Obviously not a professor of economics!

Art Gourley
Let’s make Vernon better. One day a month, the handicapped and disabled receive a good discount at all businesses downtown. Move the airport. Build highrises, like Vancouver, where the airport is. Build a new Costco in Vernon. New car racing track.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

I'll never understand the obsession Vernon has wth moving the airport.
Iamme
Board Meister

Post by Iamme »

Here’s a snapshot look at our council candidates. I’ve researched, visited websites and know who I will be voting for. I hope our citizens of Vernon go out and vote on the candidate of their choice. Good luck to all candidates and thanks for stepping up no matter your ambitions.

https://www.vernonmorningstar.com/news/ ... yelection/
OhMyDarlin
Fledgling

Post by OhMyDarlin »

OKkayak wrote: Nov 23rd, 2021, 9:14 pm I'll never understand the obsession Vernon has wth moving the airport.
Vernon has an airport?
Iamme
Board Meister

Post by Iamme »

OhMyDarlin wrote: Nov 24th, 2021, 6:18 pm
OKkayak wrote: Nov 23rd, 2021, 9:14 pm I'll never understand the obsession Vernon has wth moving the airport.
Vernon has an airport?
Lmao! It’s a regional airport off of Tronson. A lot of smaller planes and skydivers utilize it. Not to mention close proximity to OK Lake for helicopters for firefighting!
lensbaby
Board Meister

Post by lensbaby »

Iamme wrote: Nov 24th, 2021, 6:27 pm
OhMyDarlin wrote: Nov 24th, 2021, 6:18 pm

Vernon has an airport?
Lmao! It’s a regional airport off of Tronson. A lot of smaller planes and skydivers utilize it. Not to mention close proximity to OK Lake for helicopters for firefighting!
Definitely valuable for Firefighting. It is also a vital link for Medivacs, and there are businesses located on the airport. It is a valuable amenity for the community.
Iamme
Board Meister

Post by Iamme »

lensbaby wrote: Nov 24th, 2021, 7:22 pm
Iamme wrote: Nov 24th, 2021, 6:27 pm
Definitely valuable for Firefighting. It is also a vital link for Medivacs, and there are businesses located on the airport. It is a valuable amenity for the community.
I totally agree. I live directly across from it. I’m always amazed by the activity and the businesses, ie upholstery, helicopters, etc that are here. Ps, I hope Sky High Diner is back. They are amazing
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Prediction: Durning will use the seat on council as a springboard to replace the retiring Mel Arnold as the Conservative candidate in the next federal election in a few years.

Return to “North Okanagan”