What is internet dating like for women.

A potpourri of off-topics.
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: What is internet dating like for women.

Post by The_quiet_one »

oldtrucker wrote: Nov 24th, 2021, 12:00 pm
The_quiet_one wrote: Nov 24th, 2021, 9:59 am Older women are great. We’re settled. We know what we want, and we have experience.
We don’t play games and tell it like it is.
Oh wow I could take this on so many different paths
Did I leave myself wide open ? Lol 😂
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

poor Steven - the balloon of Youth has been popped by Glacier
surprised he didn't say he is 41 and 3/4 :)
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Glacier wrote: Nov 24th, 2021, 10:48 am I'm sorry that you haven't discovered the meaning of life, everything, and the universe yet.
Maybe I did? I heard it's all about Hokey Pokey.
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

It’s a confusing game to play … online dating. Some things are better left alone.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Quiet One, no real difference with RT dating
It's cuffing Season now so everyone is looking to partner up ( those relationships usually end Feb 13th :0 )
And I've heard men have moved the hogging over to OLD... I feel badly for the poor women who fall for the ignorant game
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

Putting yourself out there, risking criticism, only to be hurt is too much for me.
Single is better. OLD is not for me, or RT. 😔
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

The_quiet_one wrote: Nov 28th, 2021, 8:05 am It’s a confusing game to play … online dating. Some things are better left alone.
What's online dating? It's just the online intro more than anything, after that it's all offline. Yes, you have to filter through people online and find the ones you vibe with.
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

Even Steven wrote: Nov 28th, 2021, 10:01 am
The_quiet_one wrote: Nov 28th, 2021, 8:05 am It’s a confusing game to play … online dating. Some things are better left alone.
What's online dating? It's just the online intro more than anything, after that it's all offline. Yes, you have to filter through people online and find the ones you vibe with.
Good point. Thank you.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

sorry you kinda lost me Quietone
You can be critical of others without inviting the same :) Steven is right - OLD is just a way to meet someone you might not otherwise. Except some ppl do nothing but talk so they fall in love/lust with someone sight unseen. Weird that but true.

Just cause you meet someone and they don't take a fancy to you no need to be hurt at all.. just go next
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

normaM wrote: Nov 28th, 2021, 11:10 am sorry you kinda lost me Quietone
You can be critical of others without inviting the same :) Steven is right - OLD is just a way to meet someone you might not otherwise. Except some ppl do nothing but talk so they fall in love/lust with someone sight unseen. Weird that but true.

Just cause you meet someone and they don't take a fancy to you no need to be hurt at all.. just go next
Yup, I agree. I just don’t want to do it, I suppose. Meeting in person you see from the start if you like someone.
If you only talk on line, you’ve invested your thoughts and feelings and a little of yourself. Then you meet them
and you’re like nope. I don’t like that. It’s putting the cart before the horse. If that makes sense.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

ahhh.. but that is why you move to meet early - too often people wait and wait.
I met the ex same day he contacted me, none of that 40 calls and texts a day for 2 months
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

normaM wrote: Nov 28th, 2021, 11:44 am ahhh.. but that is why you move to meet early - too often people wait and wait.
I met the ex same day he contacted me, none of that 40 calls and texts a day for 2 months
I have to agree with you. And Steven. It’s to meet not live there.
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

oldtrucker wrote: Nov 28th, 2021, 12:09 pm
normaM wrote: Nov 28th, 2021, 11:44 am ahhh.. but that is why you move to meet early - too often people wait and wait.
Yup. No point in letting the minds eye form a image- meet up as soon as possible. If I did ever do o.l.d. I think I'd still like to chat online for at least a few days or a week to get to know that person a bit. But not enough to waste a bunch of time like months perhaps like Norma said. All the boxes may be checked but if you dont want to fbleep them...

That just happened to me recently by accident...not on any dating site.It was something totally unrelated to that. Long story short... She is 44, has a few acres, into antique guns and others- has a 30.06 that just landed her a cow elk that she shot, dragged, gutted, processed etc with the help of her 14 year old son. She heats her house with wood that she cuts herself -the whole gig. She is even kinky as hell-ya, she told me all about it- bonus!... I hit it off perfect with her....Then it was 'Hey! Send me a pic!' time. Hmmm...Nope.
So what was it about her you didn’t like? Did you tell her? Or ghost her? I’m not photogenic at all,
but I don’t think I’m chopped liver 🤷‍♀️ Maybe it was just a bad picture?
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I think he means he wouldn't send HER a pix
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

oldtrucker wrote: Nov 28th, 2021, 1:28 pm
The_quiet_one wrote: Nov 28th, 2021, 12:25 pm Did you tell her? Or ghost her?
I told her (hinted) before she sent the pic that I have certain tastes and was direct with saying it wouldn't work after the pics confirmed her description. Could have easily gone the other way with her looking at my pic and thinking she would have to put a bag on my head.
We may have had a lot in common but not being attracted to the other person... whats the point right?
Wasn't a problem....we still are chatting. Probably have a new friend to go shooting with actually.
That’s nice.

Return to “Grab Bag”