All Things Trudeau, Chapter 2

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: All Things Trudeau, Chapter 2

Post by The Green Barbarian »

hobbyguy wrote: Nov 27th, 2021, 4:00 pm
Actually GB, if you researched before trolling,
John Ivison is not "trolling". A well-written thought provoking article that was also well researched, and the furthest thing from "trolling".

It's not hard to criticize the pitiful and horrible performance of our minority Liberal "government". They are unqualified for the job. Dismissing such criticism as "trolling" is juvenile and silly. This is why Justin got his butt handed to him last election, and it would have been far worse had he not had 12 seats handed to him by his Chinese commie-pals.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

bb49 wrote: Nov 27th, 2021, 4:03 pm I see Justin has given the green light for Roxham Road to open up. Was it ever closed?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal ... -1.6257868
Got to keep that illegal pipeline flowing. Just another example of the children that our running this country right now.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

bob vernon wrote: Nov 27th, 2021, 11:05 am Sure. Let's abandon these overbearing regulations surrounding property use and have true freedom.
I'd prefer to get rid of taxes on fairy tales - axe the carbon tax.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

bb49 wrote: Nov 27th, 2021, 4:03 pm I see Justin has given the green light for Roxham Road to open up. Was it ever closed?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal ... -1.6257868
Send them directly to lawn outside our jack :swear: PM cottage.

US is happy seeing these people leaving.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Nov 27th, 2021, 4:48 pm
hobbyguy wrote: Nov 27th, 2021, 4:00 pm
Actually GB, if you researched before trolling,
John Ivison is not "trolling". A well-written thought provoking article that was also well researched, and the furthest thing from "trolling".

It's not hard to criticize the pitiful and horrible performance of our minority Liberal "government". They are unqualified for the job. Dismissing such criticism as "trolling" is juvenile and silly. This is why Justin got his butt handed to him last election, and it would have been far worse had he not had 12 seats handed to him by his Chinese commie-pals.
Ivison missed the program the Liberals initiated that has been available with billion$ in funding precisely to deal with the problems such as Abbotsford experienced. That Abbotsford and the Fraser Basin Council did not apply for funding and fix the problem despite having been explicitly advised by a provincial engineering report that the dikes were inadequate and would fail in major flood, well that's not on the federal government.

That's an error on Ivison's part. Not fact checking Ivison, especially coming from the right wing that constantly yammers about "fake news" and "biased media" is indeed just trolling as that is the habitual practice the CPC.

Once again here is the key article explaining the lack of action by Abbottsford, the Fraser Basin Council, and the province: https://fvcurrent.com/article/fraser-va ... ble-dikes/

Yup - they all knew of the problem in 2016. Yup - in 2018 the federal government under the Liberals made billion$ available to fix such problems. Nope - they did nothing and in 2021 the dikes failed miserably. Nope - Abbotsford isn't alone, there are many miles of dikes in the lower mainland that are inadequate - and elsewhere in the country - especially with increased storm intensity events induced by man made climate change.

Trying to pin the dike failure on Trudeau is just useless troll spin from the right wing. The Trudeau Liberals had made funding available precisely to avoid such problems, but it is up to provincial and local governments, who have jurisdiction, to apply for the money and take action. It was those lower levels of government that failed to act.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

The only thing Trudeau cares about is the height of surfing waves in BC's devastating flooding.

He's all over those waves, like white on Rice.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Gone_Fishin wrote: Nov 28th, 2021, 1:13 pm The only thing Trudeau cares about is the height of surfing waves in BC's devastating flooding.

He's all over those waves, like white on Rice.
Lol. That's the best the Trudeau bashers can do? The CPC reputation is becoming increasingly puerile precisely because of nonsense like that. Can you imagine wee Erin trying to surf? And who cares anyway?

By the way, it is interesting that not a single CPC question was asked in question period last week about the BC floods or the Atlantic Canada floods. Guess the CPC doesn't care about BC or Atlantic Canada.

Meanwhile Trudeau was traveling to BC for a first hand inspection, and talks with the mayor of Abbotsford, Horgan and others. Hmmm.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/world/a ... to-unmask/

"Australia to introduce new laws to force social-media giants to unmask online trolls"

Australia will introduce legislation to make social-media giants provide details of users who post defamatory comments, Prime Minister Scott Morrison said on Sunday.

The government has been looking at the extent of the responsibility of platforms, such as Twitter and Facebook, for defamatory material published on their sites and comes after the country’s highest court ruled that publishers can be held liable for public comments on online forums.

The ruling caused some news companies like CNN to deny Australians access to their Facebook pages.

“The online world should not be a wild west where bots and bigots and trolls and others are anonymously going around and can harm people,” Morrison said at a televised press briefing. “That is not what can happen in the real world, and there is no case for it to be able to be happening in the digital world.”

The new legislation will introduce a complaints mechanism, so that if somebody thinks they are being defamed, bullied or attacked on social media, they will be able to require the platform to take the material down."

I wonder if the Trudeau Liberals will follow suit. They were moving in that general direction....
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

hobbyguy wrote: Nov 28th, 2021, 5:21 pmBy the way, it is interesting that not a single CPC question was asked in question period last week about the BC floods or the Atlantic Canada floods. Guess the CPC doesn't care about BC or Atlantic Canada.
Don't be silly. Conservatives are only about what they disdain. Like Justin. If they stood up for principles and policy that helped Canadians - they may actually get back in power. Until then I am loving the policies and direction of the Liberals.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

nucksRnum1 wrote: Nov 28th, 2021, 5:27 pm Conservatives are only about what they disdain. Like Justin.
It's not about "disdain" with Justin Trudeau. It's about pointing out what a brainless idiot he is. That's not "disdain", that's just pointing out the obvious. I know the PMO-fed idiots and Liberal DI's want to spin this as something else, but it is what it is. Our "PM" is a low-functioning imbecile.
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Nov 28th, 2021, 5:40 pm
nucksRnum1 wrote: Nov 28th, 2021, 5:27 pm Conservatives are only about what they disdain. Like Justin.
It's not about "disdain" with Justin Trudeau. It's about pointing out what a brainless idiot he is. That's not "disdain", that's just pointing out the obvious. I know the PMO-fed idiots and Liberal DI's want to spin this as something else, but it is what it is. Our "PM" is a low-functioning imbecile.
That is the definition of disdain. The only spin going on here is you presenting your opinion of the PM as fact.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Catri wrote: Nov 28th, 2021, 6:01 pm

That is the definition of disdain.
Nope, it's the definition of truth. Justin Trudeau is a human sack of garbage. And he proves it basically every day.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

hobbyguy wrote: Nov 28th, 2021, 5:27 pm"The new legislation will introduce a complaints mechanism, so that if somebody thinks they are being defamed, bullied or attacked on social media, they will be able to require the platform to take the material down."

I wonder if the Trudeau Liberals will follow suit. They were moving in that general direction....
They better not. Imagine if all I'd have to do is say "I think I'm being defamed, bullied or attacked" by your responses to my posts, and Castanet had to take the material down.

If Trudeau - or any other PM or politician or person accountable to the public - can't handle having ordinary Canadians attack their policies and can use this to complain they are being attacked, there's no point bothering to pretend we live in a democracy.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

rustled wrote: Nov 29th, 2021, 7:14 am
hobbyguy wrote: Nov 28th, 2021, 5:27 pm"The new legislation will introduce a complaints mechanism, so that if somebody thinks they are being defamed, bullied or attacked on social media, they will be able to require the platform to take the material down."

They better not. Imagine if all I'd have to do is say "I think I'm being defamed, bullied or attacked" by your responses to my posts, and Castanet had to take the material down.

If Trudeau - or any other PM or politician or person accountable to the public - can't handle having ordinary Canadians attack their policies and can use this to complain they are being attacked, there's no point bothering to pretend we live in a democracy.
👍👍
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

rustled wrote: Nov 29th, 2021, 7:14 am

:up: :up: :up:
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...

Return to “Canada”