Mobile Home gas furnace’s

Business and professional recommendations.
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Mobile Home gas furnace’s

Post by The_quiet_one »

Lore wrote: Nov 27th, 2021, 12:34 pm
normaM wrote: Nov 27th, 2021, 6:41 am er, quotes aren't free - I think they get factored into the pricing.
Except it was free from the other two companies I got quotes from because they never got the job
and when they give the quote they are only hoping they get the job so I think it kind of free.
I think so, too. I won’t pay for a quote. If you want my money for the job, tell me why, so to speak.
If you’re going to tell me I need to pay 300.00 bucks to come look at your house, then no.
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

All the places I phoned were going to come out for free to give a quote that’s all I know.
Maybe confirm that with them on the phone before they come out.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Lore wrote: Nov 27th, 2021, 12:45 pm All the places I phoned were going to come out for free to give a quote that’s all I know.
Free quotes are the norm. I wouldn't worry about it. They are hoping to get your business
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

Lore wrote: Nov 27th, 2021, 12:45 pm All the places I phoned were going to come out for free to give a quote that’s all I know.
I will. Thank you. I don’t know when this one will go, but I know it’s life isn’t too long, and I need both.
I was told around 15-20 k for both.
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

Bsuds wrote: Nov 27th, 2021, 12:51 pm
Free quotes are the norm. I wouldn't worry about it. They are hoping to get your business
Thank you 🙂
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

again, yes the quotes are free... but they factor it into the price.. they have better to do than roam the city giving out quotes for nothing
Why should it be free anyhow? You are getting people to come out on their time... not like gas is free
Some people just too idk, the word escapes me
Don't waste people's time, tell them the budget up front and be done
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

normaM wrote: Nov 27th, 2021, 5:31 pm again, yes the quotes are free... but they factor it into the price.. they have better to do than roam the city giving out quotes for nothing
Why should it be free anyhow? You are getting people to come out on their time... not like gas is free
It's how I do my roofing quotes ...

I'm more than willing to provide a cost breakdown of what a job will cost and it includes my time to go there and find out ..

I make it worth it to me IF I get the job ..I charge by the sq ft

good thing I'm not greedy .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

normaM wrote: Nov 27th, 2021, 5:31 pm again, yes the quotes are free... but they factor it into the price.. they have better to do than roam the city giving out quotes for nothing
They have to come out anyways to see the space and to see what type of furnace will work for you so telling them a budget up front won’t work when they don’t even know yet what furnace you need.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Lore wrote: Nov 28th, 2021, 12:45 pm
They have to come out anyways to see the space and to see what type of furnace will work for you so telling them a budget up front won’t work when they don’t even know yet what furnace you need.
Agreed .. With roofing I can provide a variety of products depending on your budget ..

Want a Cadillac ? I can do that .. Want a Subaru ? I can do that also .. What's important to remember is that there are "hard" costs .. Certain brands offer certain things and they will cost more depending on what you want .. a good contractor will meet with you to assess those things and act accordingingly and help with that .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

you are missing the point I am making Lore, besides what furnace you have is marked on the darn thing :/
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

normaM wrote: Nov 29th, 2021, 3:02 pm you are missing the point I am making Lore, besides what furnace you have is marked on the darn thing :/
No, the point here is that there are circumstances you don’t even know about.
One of them being that the person borrowing me the money insisted that I get a
few quotes before I could borrow the money.
I don’t understand why this bothers you and what your getting at.
It’s a done deal, Richard was great, end of story.
Thanks again for telling me about him.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

normaM wrote: Nov 29th, 2021, 3:02 pm you are missing the point I am making Lore, besides what furnace you have is marked on the darn thing :/
Norma, doesn't matter if a brand name is on the furnace or not. There are a limited number of furnaces available for mobile and/or manufactured homes and depending on the layout of the home, the space for one is very limited since most have no basements.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Return to “Referrals”