NFL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
mexi cali
Guru

Re: NFL

Post by mexi cali »

Him and Gronk do a thing on YT where they sit outside the stadium and play games like pictionary.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

[icon_lol2.gif] Oh man. I'll have to see if I can find time for that some day. Even if Gronk does give me a headache. lol
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Um.

Aaron Rodgers’ ‘COVID toe’ saga has reached new levels of weird

https://nypost.com/2021/11/24/aaron-rod ... s%20Alerts
― Albert Einstein
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

ferri wrote: Nov 24th, 2021, 1:14 pm Um.

Aaron Rodgers’ ‘COVID toe’ saga has reached new levels of weird

https://nypost.com/2021/11/24/aaron-rod ... s%20Alerts
New levels of weird is right. Are we going to look back on this time and say how ridiculous it was or is this the new normal? Some supposedly responsible news organizations aren't acting very responsibly.

Hmm . . . I was just reading a more recent WSJ article in which it was mentioned that Rodgers himself referred to having "covid toe" in a radio interview. He now says that he's never heard of "covid toe." Perhaps AR is a big part of the problem here.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

I have a friend in Wisconsin that hates Aaron Rodgers with a passion. If I want to get her wound up all I have to do is mention him on facebook and oh my word, she goes nuts. [icon_lol2.gif] I haven't asked her what she thinks about this because I don't want Santa to miss her house this year.
― Albert Einstein
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

ferri wrote: Nov 24th, 2021, 3:20 pm I have a friend in Wisconsin that hates Aaron Rodgers with a passion. If I want to get her wound up all I have to do is mention him on facebook and oh my word, she goes nuts. [icon_lol2.gif] I haven't asked her what she thinks about this because I don't want Santa to miss her house this year.
It is kinda strange how winning in this case Vince Lombardi Trophy tends to temporarily change attitudes.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

That Browns/Ravens game last night. hahaha I gave up after halftime. Those 5 turnovers back and forth in just over a minute were enough for me.
260966662_10158133678297536_8062916070228630141_n.jpg
― Albert Einstein
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I had had enough of football by then so I was spared.

Lost a bet and had to watch the Stamps/Riders playoff game. I haven't watched the CFL in forever and I was surprised by a couple of rules. They still offer up a point for a missed FG. Isn't that like a participation medal? There is something called Unintentional pass interference. What? they still call no yards penalties on kick offs. They play "mini games" to decide OT where each team possesses the ball on the opponents 35 yard line and tries for a score. Whoever has the most points after each team has possessed the ball at least once, wins.

And that's why I don't watch anymore.
ifwisheswerehorses
Übergod

Post by ifwisheswerehorses »

ferri wrote: Nov 24th, 2021, 3:20 pm I have a friend in Wisconsin that hates Aaron Rodgers with a passion. If I want to get her wound up all I have to do is mention him on facebook and oh my word, she goes nuts. [icon_lol2.gif] I haven't asked her what she thinks about this because I don't want Santa to miss her house this year.
Not a Packers' fan but watch for the antics. Mr Rodgers might not be practicing but I swear he's watching soccer games and getting more and more dramatic. Like what the hell? Does he want out of his contract or what?
Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you’ll ever regret.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

mexi cali wrote: Nov 29th, 2021, 12:34 pm I had had enough of football by then so I was spared.

Lost a bet and had to watch the Stamps/Riders playoff game. I haven't watched the CFL in forever and I was surprised by a couple of rules. They still offer up a point for a missed FG. Isn't that like a participation medal? There is something called Unintentional pass interference. What? they still call no yards penalties on kick offs. They play "mini games" to decide OT where each team possesses the ball on the opponents 35 yard line and tries for a score. Whoever has the most points after each team has possessed the ball at least once, wins.

And that's why I don't watch anymore.
I'm pretty sure those rules, and the scoring system, were created so as to be different from the NFL. Whether or not they made sense was secondary. I've never been a fan of the singe point (rouge) or the no yards penalty. I'm reminded that my wife, our kids, and I attended a BC Lions game many years ago and there was one flag after another. It seemed like anytime there was an exciting play it was wiped out by an official. Either the officials were calling it too closely or the players weren't adhering to the rules very well. Either way it was a turnoff!

Not that the NFL has a completely clean record either. To this day I'm still not totally sure what a catch is. While they've improved the definition there are still great debates quite often when a play goes to review. There are the announcers telling us that clearly it was or was not a catch only to hear the official decision which is the opposite. Surely that rule can be simplified a bit more. By the way, the CFL overtime rules are somewhat similar to the NCAA college OT rules although with the NCAA there is now a new wrinkle . . .
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Ferri must be thrilled. That was a great game.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

mexi cali wrote: Dec 5th, 2021, 8:43 pm Ferri must be thrilled. That was a great game.
Ownership in Seattle needs to make some big decisions about going forward. To build a winning team again. Glory days are gone.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

That was a beautiful game. Sort of. I watched the end of the Chargers game and was waiting for the Hawks to come on, when they finally did it was after the kick off and there was an ambulance sitting on the field. I thought that wasn't a good sign...the announcers were boneheads. They said there was an injured player. Duh. lol
― Albert Einstein
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

By the way, voting has started for the 2022 Pro Bowl! https://www.nfl.com/pro-bowl/ballot/
― Albert Einstein
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Tonight's game could be really fun to watch: https://twitter.com/i/status/1467987654587424774

And this is the Patriots QB:
264595605_269332168503499_6002130642491741385_n.jpg
― Albert Einstein

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”