It's OK to smoke now.

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

It's OK to smoke now.

Post by Ken7 »

It wasn't so long ago that every other TV commercial break had a smoking warning. It causes cancer, it is harmful to your health.
They preached and preached about the ill effects.

Speed up since the legalization of cannabis. No more smoking advertisements. We now have more pot shops then liquor stores per square mile in this City of Kelowna.

Is it now ok to ingest smoke of any kind? Where did all that effort go by our Federal Government?

https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statis ... 20Monoxide.

Maybe it's ok to smoke again?? What are your views, am I missing something here?
Attachments
Cig5.jpeg
Cig4.jpeg
Cig3.jpeg
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Re: It's OK to smoke now.

Post by Gone_Fishin »

The cigarette industry is in Liberal regions of Ontario and Quebec.

Justin doesn't care if you get cancer and die. He just wants to keep Liberal voters happy with jobs that kill thousands of people a year. That's why this government doesn't advertise against smoking any more.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

And keep those tax dollars rolling in.

Oh, and then there's the natives that are smuggling smokes across the St. Lawrence from the USA, maybe they were complaining about reduced sales.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

You don't hear them speaking about the burden upon the health care system.

I think it's time to ask that question of the Health Minister. Where did all the warnings go about smoking??

I don't think the will give a straight answer.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Ken7 wrote: Dec 2nd, 2021, 7:11 pm It wasn't so long ago that every other TV commercial break had a smoking warning. It causes cancer, it is harmful to your health.
They preached and preached about the ill effects.

Speed up since the legalization of cannabis. No more smoking advertisements. We now have more pot shops then liquor stores per square mile in this City of Kelowna.

Is it now ok to ingest smoke of any kind? Where did all that effort go by our Federal Government?

https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statis ... 20Monoxide.

Maybe it's ok to smoke again?? What are your views, am I missing something here?
You're missing something here. A total of 0 people have died from smoking cannabis. So, no, not ok to invest smoke of any kind but you'll not likely die if it's cannabis.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

JLives wrote: Dec 2nd, 2021, 10:13 pm You're missing something here. A total of 0 people have died from smoking cannabis. So, no, not ok to invest smoke of any kind but you'll not likely die if it's cannabis.
Kind of a broad statement. 0 people have died from smoking pot? Impairment from booze, prescription drugs, illegal drugs and weed have all caused deaths. And I'm sure some long term habitual pot smokers have died of lung disease. And they smell much worse than cigarette smokers too [icon_lol2.gif]
I birn quil I se
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

JLives wrote: Dec 2nd, 2021, 10:13 pm A total of 0 people have died from smoking cannabis.
A friend of mine got throat cancer from smoking cannabis. At least that's what he was told by the Dr's.

So I'm not so sure your statement is correct.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

JLives wrote: Dec 2nd, 2021, 10:13 pm You're missing something here. A total of 0 people have died from smoking cannabis. So, no, not ok to invest smoke of any kind but you'll not likely die if it's cannabis.
It's not as safe as you believe... Not just the smoke part either, it has psychoactive properties.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Bsuds wrote: Dec 3rd, 2021, 6:55 am
JLives wrote: Dec 2nd, 2021, 10:13 pm A total of 0 people have died from smoking cannabis.
A friend of mine got throat cancer from smoking cannabis. At least that's what he was told by the Dr's.

Did your friend die? (Statement is 0 died from smoking cannabis)
Many cannabis smokers have also used vaping products, or tobacco products, or have a history of alcohol use, all of which could contribute to throat cancer.
and re: psychoactive comment, how many have died from the psychoactive effect?
Just as with alcohol, the problem isn't always the inebriation, it's not necessarily going to kill them unless they drive or do something dangerous while inebriated.
Just as smoking might take 50 or 6o years to finaly kill someone, so it is possible that with cannabis, we have yet to see how many it might kill in another 40 or 50 years.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

If you smoke pot you would never want to admit to it.

I don't care what kind of smoke you suck in, first hand or second hand for that matter it is not healthy.

If you can find just one medical practitioner who says smoking pot is not harmful let me know.

I think you need to wake up if you think it's ok, smoke is smoke.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Dec 3rd, 2021, 12:17 pm
Many cannabis smokers have also used vaping products, or tobacco products, or have a history of alcohol use, all of which could contribute to throat cancer.
and re: psychoactive comment, how many have died from the psychoactive effect?
Just as with alcohol, the problem isn't always the inebriation, it's not necessarily going to kill them unless they drive or do something dangerous while inebriated.
Just as smoking might take 50 or 6o years to finaly kill someone, so it is possible that with cannabis, we have yet to see how many it might kill in another 40 or 50 years.
You failed to say they walked in the area cars farted too. Please, reality is smoke is smoke and it will eventually kill you.

Not all cigarette smokers die due to cancer, other diseases sometime intervene.

Let google be your friend on the risks.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

I just can't see how inhaling that smoke into your lungs isn't harmful.
And if you're smoking pot grown illegally by groups such as the HA then odds are it's contaminated with pesticides and mould.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

As others have mentioned I never said it wasn't harmful. It stands to reason ingesting heated plant matter can have negative health effects. I said 0 people have died from smoking it and I stand by that statement.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

JLives wrote: Dec 3rd, 2021, 3:47 pm As others have mentioned I never said it wasn't harmful. It stands to reason ingesting heated plant matter can have negative health effects. I said 0 people have died from smoking it and I stand by that statement.
And, a recent study released in October, 2012, found that individuals treated for addiction to marijuana had a higher mortality rate than those with diagnoses related to cocaine or alcohol, but lower than those with methamphetamine or opioid-related disorders.

The BLUNT TRUTH
Marijuana is the factor in many deaths.
http://www.therecoverycenter.org/resour ... -marijuana
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

I don't believe that for one second
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.

Return to “Health”