Defund the CBC

Should we stop the taxpayers' bailout of CBC?

Yes, they need to make it on their own
54%
No, I want more coverage of Trudeau's socks
46%

Total votes: 210

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Defund the CBC

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Catsumi wrote: Oct 7th, 2021, 6:34 pm Flash thought….wasn’t there also Mr. Canoehead? Bashed into all and sundry every time he moved? He epitomized the bull in a china shop….nothing was safe or secure with him around.
That was a different Canadian comedy troupe - the Frantics. I was a big fan of them as well.

Who’d have thought it’d be so true now with the ego and swelled head sported by our now barely elected PM? [icon_lol2.gif]
:up: :up:

"The story of Mr. Canoehead is so incredible only Morons would believe it" - lol...
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Yes, and it made everyone laugh.

Oh, for the good old days when comedy was just comedy. Now it is snide, aggrieved, foul mouthed and not recalled with fondness.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Catsumi wrote: Oct 8th, 2021, 5:51 pm Yes, and it made everyone laugh.

Oh, for the good old days when comedy was just comedy. Now it is snide, aggrieved, foul mouthed and not recalled with fondness.
Wayne and Shuster was another good comedy variety show.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Oh, for sure…laugh forever with W&S.

One episode sticks in my mind each and every time I MUST do housework…one of them is scattering flour about on the furniture and claims to be “dusting”

[icon_lol2.gif]
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Catsumi wrote: Oct 8th, 2021, 6:28 pm Oh, for sure…laugh forever with W&S.

One episode sticks in my mind each and every time I MUST do housework…one of them is scattering flour about on the furniture and claims to be “dusting”

[icon_lol2.gif]
The episode "The Unholy Goalie" was a classic Wayne and Shuster, and just so Canadian. A total "reimagining" of the classic story "The Devil and Daniel Webster". You had to be a Canadian to even get half the jokes. The line where Frank Schuster, playing the devil, says to Johnny Wayne, the unholy goalie, after Johnny Wayne brings in Alan Eagleson as his representation: "Alan Eagleson!! Going over my head eh??" Oh man, classic Canadiana....oh CBC...you have lost your way, and it is to weep.

"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

How low can they go?
CBC admits to building a set of a hospital ICU and using a maniquin to show how crowded they are in Alberta from the China flu.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Hey GB, this is good stuff!

Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

featfan wrote: Oct 16th, 2021, 11:42 am How low can they go?
CBC admits to building a set of a hospital ICU and using a maniquin to show how crowded they are in Alberta from the China flu.
But it was only an Error in judgement, and because it's XiBC, they get a pass.
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/er ... ews-report
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Kenney reponds to CBC reporter's defense of Suzuki's call to incite terrorism.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Gone_Fishin wrote: Dec 3rd, 2021, 11:55 am Kenney reponds to CBC reporter's defense of Suzuki's call to incite terrorism.

:up: :up:
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

^^^
Ahh, the innocence of CBC reporters.
Innocence or ignorance, or both along with towing the party line.

Jason Kenney's comparison of Suzuki's comments to Don Cherry making similar comments is right on target. And wasn't Cherry thrown aside for saying something very similar?
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

Seems like Alberta sees shadows in every corner. It isn't surprising though. That was a government that proved itself that environmentalists and alleged donors were fake news.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Dec 3rd, 2021, 5:59 pm Seems like Alberta sees shadows in every corner. It isn't surprising though. That was a government that proved itself that environmentalists and alleged donors were fake news.
Ah no KH, this story is about Suzuki's comments in comparison to Don Cherry's conversation.
It's not about fake news.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Gone_Fishin wrote: Dec 3rd, 2021, 11:55 am Kenney reponds to CBC reporter's defense of Suzuki's call to incite terrorism.

Tell it like it is Kenney!

We need more like you to speak up against the evil being rewarded with our tax dollars for the sole purpose of destroying our livelihoods and resource sectors.

Suzuki is a fraud and hypocrit

Unknown
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

No one cares about Kenny, that's why his popularity is at 20% and going down. I suspect his political career is done as well. RIP Jason, hope you have a backup plan.

Return to “Canada”