It's OK to smoke now.

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: It's OK to smoke now.

Post by Ken7 »

JLives wrote: Dec 3rd, 2021, 3:47 pm As others have mentioned I never said it wasn't harmful. It stands to reason ingesting heated plant matter can have negative health effects. I said 0 people have died from smoking it and I stand by that statement.
LMAO, that is so far from true you need to pull your head out of the cannabis patch!

Just a quick search .....
https://www.newhealthadvisor.org/How-Ma ... -Weed.html
Kel0wna
Fledgling

Post by Kel0wna »

How is smoking any different from drinking? Over eating? Junk food? These habits seem to be OK to the majority too. I can't recall ever seeing commercials about the dangers of obesity. Never seen any warning labels on a fast food product or tub of ice cream like cigarettes.

Smoke inhalation is obviously unhealthy, but if you aren't sober, eating a healthy diet and exercising then who are you to judge one bad habit over another?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Knowing how much a pack of cigarettes cost today compared to what I was paying when I quit back in mid 80s. I’m amazed people can still afford to smoke.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

Kel0wna wrote: Dec 3rd, 2021, 5:19 pm Smoke inhalation is obviously unhealthy, but if you aren't sober, eating a healthy diet and exercising then who are you to judge one bad habit over another?
^^^ this. It's exactly the issue.
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

Ken7 wrote: Dec 3rd, 2021, 5:10 pm
JLives wrote: Dec 3rd, 2021, 3:47 pm As others have mentioned I never said it wasn't harmful. It stands to reason ingesting heated plant matter can have negative health effects. I said 0 people have died from smoking it and I stand by that statement.
LMAO, that is so far from true you need to pull your head out of the cannabis patch!

Just a quick search .....
https://www.newhealthadvisor.org/How-Ma ... -Weed.html
That's not much as those 3 deaths were more of guess work that pot killed them than death by direct result of pot.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

foenix wrote: Dec 3rd, 2021, 6:51 pm

That's not much as those 3 deaths were more of guess work that pot killed them than death by direct result of pot.
That was the first link that came up. I won't spend time trying to prove this point.

Any smoke is not good for your lungs and if you think it's all good have another toke!
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

Ken7 wrote: Dec 3rd, 2021, 7:21 pm
foenix wrote: Dec 3rd, 2021, 6:51 pm

That was the first link that came up. I won't spend time trying to prove this point.

Any smoke is not good for your lungs and if you think it's all good have another toke!
Obviously, you haven't heard about vaporizers.

.....there's lots of things not good for you but we do them anyways......like eating junk food after a toke [icon_lol2.gif]
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

foenix wrote: Dec 3rd, 2021, 8:04 pm not good for your lungs and if you think it's all good have another toke!
Obviously, you haven't heard about vaporizers.

.....there's lots of things not good for you but we do them anyways......like eating junk food after a toke [icon_lol2.gif]
[/quote]

Do you think we all live under a rock. Vaporizing yes of course I've heard of it.

I'm also aware of some of the positives to the use of cannabis and it's different properties.

The topic is about smoking, which we preached for years is not healthy. All of a sudden it's ok according to Trudeau's party.
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

Ken7 wrote: Dec 3rd, 2021, 8:10 pm
not good for your lungs and if you think it's all good have another toke!
foenix wrote: Obviously, you haven't heard about vaporizers.

Ken7 wrote: Do you think we all live under a rock. Vaporizing yes of course I've heard of it.

I'm also aware of some of the positives to the use of cannabis and it's different properties.

The topic is about smoking, which we preached for years is not healthy. All of a sudden it's ok according to Trudeau's party.
Vaporizing isn't smoking then? It's not that unhealthy comparatively speaking with multitudes of benefits.........so what's the problem?.
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

TheLiteralKingofEngland wrote: Dec 4th, 2021, 11:32 am
Smoking pot can cause head and neck cancer.
What doesn't cause cancer? But the relationship doesn't sound definitive to me........
Our analysis indicated that marijuana use may interact with mutagen sensitivity and other risk factors to increase the risk of head and neck cancer. The results need to be interpreted with some caution in drawing causal inferences because of certain methodological limitations, especially with regard to interactions.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10613339/
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Have no facts but some opinions.
1) tobacco is addictive smokers will often have a freshly lit cigarette in their face, without conscious knowledge of getting out the pack, pulling out a cigarette, pulling out the lighter, etc, so they tend to smoke several a day, some even smoke packs per day.
2) Weed is not addictive in the narcotic ways of tobacco, so smokers tend to be aware of the lighting of the reefer and therefore are not so likely to chain smoke.
Disclaimer, am told todays weed makes the stuff available in the 60's seem to have the potency of lemonade compared to todays Jack Daniels.
I think it unlikely that anyone knows the full physiological or psychological effects of the devil weed.
In the 60's tho' people smoking weed seemed to laugh a lot and be quite calm, in comparison to the juice heads and speed freaks of the day.
Last edited by I Think on Dec 5th, 2021, 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We're lost but we're making good time.
Zoso
Übergod

Post by Zoso »

New Zealand has the right idea. Smoking is banned for anyone age of 14 for life. Every year the age goes up a year in age that you are banned.
Strong and free
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Bsuds wrote: Dec 3rd, 2021, 6:55 am
JLives wrote: Dec 2nd, 2021, 10:13 pm A total of 0 people have died from smoking cannabis.
A friend of mine got throat cancer from smoking cannabis. At least that's what he was told by the Dr's.

So I'm not so sure your statement is correct.
Does the smoke from marijuana or the properties associated with its chemical nature lead to oral cancer? The overall consensus among researchers is no. According to Norml.org, cannabis smoke — unlike tobacco smoke — has not been definitively linked to cancer in humans. Cannabis smoke contains many of the same carcinogens as tobacco smoke … but just not the cancer-causing carcinogens. In fact, cannabis also contains cannabinoids, such as THC, which contain anticancer properties. Some of these anticancer properties include the slowing of the inflammatory arm of the immune system designed to slow free-radical growths.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

And no. I don't smoke pot.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

mexi cali wrote: Dec 9th, 2021, 8:57 am And no. I don't smoke pot.
His Dr told him they were seeing more and more people with throat/mouth cancers who smoked pot but not cigarettes.

So there might be a concern.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!

Return to “Health”